[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Technological Singulatarianism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (210KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 1280x853px
I've seen this (religion) get a lot of flaq on it's related boards but since a faith falls under humanities I would like to discuss it. It's an interesting case study of a hard materialist religion.

It's also a faith that puts itself out to be completely btfo since it relies on material sciences. What do you guys think of it and the developments required?

I think only a handful of nations will ever build General AI and out of them, only Japan would implement the relevant technologies for their general public. The United States cannot implement social services efficiently enough to even maintain suitable healthcare and will never have life extension technologies as a public service.

There's also the difficulty of forever existing on the material world, according to our current understanding of physics. To be immortal in the religious sense in real life would require feats impossible to known physics.
>>
>>3133982
I'll believe it when I see it, until then it's irrelevant to my life.
>>
>>3134022
Multiple people in charge of the development of consumer technologies and software are of this "religion" so it already has impact.
>>
>>3133982
Kinda silly for the most part since most people who are enthusiastic about these things are not the people working to bring them into reality. Researchers are much more pessimistic since they know how hard shit really is. Technological singularity will probably always be "right around the corner" and "inevitable" just like communism. Both are basically built on a lack of an understanding of the subject matter, physical science and economics respectively. They're mostly for people who want a simple answer to the difficulties of the human condition and human life, that will come without them having to do anything, hence inevitability.
>>
>>3134349
name even 1
>>
>>3134508
Sergey Brin
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.