[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At which point did Prussia decisively replace Austria as the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: gluecklich.jpg (163KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
gluecklich.jpg
163KB, 1300x866px
At which point did Prussia decisively replace Austria as the most powerful German state? I'm aware of the 1866 war, but I'd guess that was simply the culmination of it rather than the turning point.

What would an Austrian-dominated Germany look like compared to a Prussian-dominated Germany?
>>
>>3133839
When they got hold of Rhineland with it's coal deposits
>>
They never did
>>
on 24 March 1803
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichsdeputationshauptschluss
>>
>>3133839
When they got better guns
>>
>>3133839
when they were connected to the rest of germany while austria was very disconnected so prussia had an easy time spreading influence
>>
why are the german colors so obviously vile
huge red flag 2bh
>>
>I'd guess that was simply the culmination of it rather than the turning point.
No, it was the turning point, but was the culmination of a long process, starting with the back-stabbing conquest of Silesia in the 1730s.
>>
>>3133839
Germany industrialized much faster than Austria.
>>
>>3134569
>germany
>than austria
This is before 1919, what are you implying here?
>>
>>3133839
>>3134588
>>
>>3134589
Industrialization kicked in after the Napoleonic wars in the 1820's, Germany, and especially the regions under Prussian control, like the Rhineland province did industrialize much faster than Austria. Prussia did outpace Austria sometime between 1815 and 1866.
>>
File: Preussischer_optischer_Telegraf.png (470KB, 1500x862px) Image search: [Google]
Preussischer_optischer_Telegraf.png
470KB, 1500x862px
>>3133839
The Congress of Vienna in 1815.

Prussia initially wanted to absorb all of Saxony, but negotiations changed this and instead Prussia got only a part of Saxony and also Rhineland and Westphalia. Austria wanted a buffer state between it and Prussia and Britain wanted Prussia to have direct border with France in case the latter went full Napoleon again and Prussia would be forced to fight against it.

This had major consequences.
The coal of the Ruhr valley and major transportation route of the Rhine would ensure the industrialization and economic power of Prussia.
The fact that Prussia now had land on the far Western side of Germany meant that they would
need to support some type of economic and customs union of the German states or outright conquest of the land in-between (like in 1866).

If Prussia had received all of Saxony instead, it might have remained its own state in the North-East of Germany, while Austria could have taken the other route and kept some of its Western lands like Luxembourg or Further Austria.
>>
Language was an important part people like to forget, the administrative effort of Austria eclipsed that of Prussia. In the
military it also had it's effects. The High Command of the Austrian army had to deal with more nationalities and languages than the entire Entente combined.
>>
>>3134783
Comprehensive schooling would have been nessecary with every student needing passing Hungarian/Czech and German. Hungarian to act as the go-between with the rest of the slavs.
>>
>>3133839
1850-60 or so, various reasons including Prussia becoming much more heavily industrialised but also due Austria's internal problems weakening it's efforts of centralised development.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.