/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would the world be like without Abrahamic religion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: no religion.jpg (50KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
no religion.jpg
50KB, 540x405px
What would the world be like without Abrahamic religion?
>>
We would have greater cultural diversity, nationalism and interesting nations that's for sure. Probably have less broken families too.
>>
So utterly different that it's almost impossible to guess. Without the spread of Christianity and Islam alone the world would be almost totally unrecognizable.
>>
Buddhist
>>
>>3133706
Impossible.

The world had to go down this way, it's God's will.
>>
File: 7buwxsf.jpg (95KB, 685x1023px) Image search: [Google]
7buwxsf.jpg
95KB, 685x1023px
like this
>>
>>3133706
Christianity was the uniting factor when Roman empire was disintegrating, this prolonged the death by few centuries.

Without such a force, Rome would have disentegrated and in its place, feudal kingdoms all over Europe. Mongols would have rolled over them without much resistance when they would eventually come. Persian empire might be more Buddhist like and former eastern Roman parts would probably be similar to Persian empire. Although they'd be stagnant.

Mongols would eventually conquer all of the known world from east to west. Mongols mainly stopped due to infighting created by Berke and his conversion to Islam. If Berke didn't convert to Islam, Ilkhanate would roll over the Persian empire and Egypt/North Africa. Berke/Ilkhanate would then push Europe with combined effort.
Ilkhanate might convert to Buddhism as the main mongol force of Yuan was turning Buddhism. India would be invaded by the Chagatai who would probably be Buddhist as well. Indian conquest of Mongol might be more successful.

Then we might have Mongol Americas.
>>
>>3133765
I honestly belive natives would fare better under mongol rule/relations than with europeans.
>>
>>3133706
It's a stupid question. You can't just ask "hey, what would the world be like without something that has been a major influence throughout the entire world for the last 2000 years, pervading just about every facet of society?"

So much of culture and history has been influenced by Abrahamic religion that I doubt a person could even think of all the ways that the world would change without it.
>>
>>3133706
without them china would probably a world power right now colonizing the americas while most of europe would be still stuck in an iron age tribal society with the remnants of the roman empire being semi feudal.
>>
>>3133760
nope
>>
>>3133799
Most of the East has very minimal influence from Abrahamic religion. Only with their interactions with the west has there been some influence.
>>
>>3133706
>Start watching
It's an Adam Curtis doc lad, his commentary is always very superficial and just vague cynical criticisms of mainstream perspective punctuated by irrelevant asides.
7 minutes in and It's very clear this is just ripped from the book Looming Tower, which is a more interesting and informative source than any curtis doc.
>>
>>3133813
Then you still have to ask yourself things like "what would have happened without the Taiping Rebellion?" in addition to all of this. Or without the Jesuits influencing the Chinese court. China's interactions with the West could be completely different without Christianity or Islam existing. Hell, Islam has been in China since the Tang Dynasty.
>>
>>3133823
Taiping wouldn't have happened. The major change in timeline would be during the reigns of Mongol. So Taiping or anything since the Mongols would be much more different.
>>
>>3133706
this is meme shit, organized religion expedited europe's assent from the dark ages, clergy were practically the only ones doing science most of the time
>>
MAN WITHOUT PESKY RELIGION WE WOULD BE FLYING AROUND IN SPACE RIGHT NOW GUYS ATHIESM RULES SCHOOL ISN'T FOR SMART PEOPLE I HATE MY DAD
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.