[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do you hate philosophy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: philosophy.png (31KB, 775x380px) Image search: [Google]
philosophy.png
31KB, 775x380px
How much do you hate philosophy?
>>
Science > Philosophy
>>
define your terms
>>
>>3132269
Depends on what you're trying to do
>>
File: *tips*.png (203KB, 479x455px) Image search: [Google]
*tips*.png
203KB, 479x455px
>>3132268
In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
>>
File: Herman Cain.jpg (285KB, 1536x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Herman Cain.jpg
285KB, 1536x1021px
>>3132268
why can't autists appreciate both science and philosophy?
>>
File: 1449686325220.png (70KB, 1938x434px) Image search: [Google]
1449686325220.png
70KB, 1938x434px
>>
Philosophy has a far more important domain to work in than science but in that domain, there are certain debates which seem to be impossible to settle unlike with science.
Therefore the philosophical questions can only be answered once you meet God/angels when you die and they graciously answer your questions.
>>
>>3132287
>>3132269
>>3132274

>>3132287

>science and philosophy are different things
>one should be above the other
>one is better than the other
>one has applications the other doesnt

Stop. Just start with the Greeks please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theaetetus_(dialogue)
>>
>>3132268
i hate philosophy as much as you, but it is not that stupid. The only thing that philosophy sucks at is that it is infalseable. The existance of the soul or the eter is a fucking thought of the philosophy that cannot be disproved for example. How much stupid it is to say yeah i think that there is a soul cause im a stupid idiot and i cannot think in anything better, and say yeah i think that there is a god because all it have to come from somewhere and because i cant think in anything better i believe that god is the first and unique cause. That is basically the 5 bias of santo tomas, bassicaly, at least 200 years ago you can use logical falacies and be reconocied worldwide for be one of the greatest philosofers ever. That is how ridicules philosofy can gets.

BUT, like, determinism. That shit is fucking logical, is a fucking silogism, if everything in the universe comes from the laws of the nature (phisics and the other sciences) and only from there, then is all already determinated. it is a logical silogism, BUT it is considered as a PHILOSICAL TREND. so that shit kind a give some respect fom philosohy. it is not always a fucking shitty stupid nonsense. but yeah 99% of the time is pretty bullshit... yeah and it is true, determinism it is a philopshy tendency, not just a irreptuale logical secuence. We cannot be sure that the laws of nature are pure deterministic, maybe there is something random and trully unpredictale scientificly in the universe, math for example is full of this kind of weird crap when you think oh 1 + 1 is 2 and thats it but it can get very deep really fast when you are working with infinity and stuff, so yeah we cant never know, so determinism IT IS a philosopical tendency, not a irrefutable logical secuence... so am i a fagot now for having a philosophical thought???? i dont think so.. So, the right answer i mean in the determinism is like always the esceptisim

where i can go with dis? idk. also sorry for my terrible english lmao
>>
>>3132523
is this pasta
>>
>not being a natural philosopher
>>
>>3132525
why all my posts sounds like pasta god dammit
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.