[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he too Eurocentric in his analysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: zizek.jpg (169KB, 2848x2391px) Image search: [Google]
zizek.jpg
169KB, 2848x2391px
one of the criticisms i hear of Zizek is that he tends to focus too much on Europe

many Maoists think Marxists should abandon Europe and focus on the true revolutionaries of the 3rd world

they view first world workers in America/Europe as part of the "Bourgeois"

plus Zizek has talked about wanting to preserve European culture against Refugees/Islam
>>
Eurocentrism is itself a concept originating in the western tradtion
>>
>>3130385
this

it seems to strive from self hatred among whites, a sort of reverse White Man's Burden (Zizek uses that term)
>>
>>3130373
He´s not diverse enough. Put a black transgender in his place and ghostwrite/maker him/her read from a teleprompter like Obama/Neil de Grasse Tyson.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yezjGuHnj6U
>>
>>3130373
National consciousness, religious consciousness, ethnic consciousness, and racial consciousness all come before """"class"""" consciousness. There will be no "true" communist revolution because class consciousness will always be superseded by other forms of consciousness.

>they view first world workers in America/Europe as part of the "Bourgeois"
Literally oppression olympics.
>>
>>3130407
translate?
>>
>>3130407
*Sniffs in German*
*Rubs nose in German*
>>
Seems like every commie revolutionary who tried to get nignogs to get in on it ended up hating nignogs by the end of it.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (190KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
190KB, 1067x800px
>Eurocentric
>>
>>3130373
well, on one hand there is a case to be made that
eurocentrism is a liability in developing theory which is meant to be gerneralizable
as there is clearly major differences in historical development regarding say China
and the United States, or Saudi Arabia and France.

marxist/neo-marxists/whatever rest some of their claims on what they believe to be
an 'objective' sort of science regarding the interactions and intersections between
class, economics, social realities and etc.
so, I do think there is some point to the criticism if you are inside this insular marxist
critique community.
>>
I bet Zizek smells like butter
>>
>>3130373
History is eurcentric by default. At least post renaissance.
>>
>>3132452
No it isn't.
>>
someone post the 'what would zizek think of /his/' meme
>>
So he's operating under classical Marxism, trying to go after the working of the Rich Countries, instead of trying to incite the poor into riots?
>>
>>3130373
I'm from a >third world country but he's right.
Whether we like it or not, Europe has shaped the world.

>>3130414
This, this was the essential mistake marx made.

He failed to realize, that cultural and religious consciousness are stronger than class.
>>
>>3130373
>many Maoists think Marxists should abandon Europe and focus on the true revolutionaries of the 3rd world

Nigga, Marx fucking wrote it down, super simple stuff:

1. The rule of the army - borders defined, nation formed.
2. The rule of the merchants - economy built up, wealth acquired.
3. The rule of the workers - wealth distributed, communism soon.

What happened with the USSR? They did it in Russia. Russia went from step 1 to step 3, without any solid, long, prosperous capitalist period. It failed.
In fact, all the communist attempts were made in "rule of soldiers" places, that never had a good capitalist period.
Only East Germany had a capitalist period, and it was literally a chunk of a state that lost 2 wars back to back, not an actual country. It even had to go through step 1 again, to find a new identity.

So stop advocating for third world Marxism. We need FIRST WORLD Marxism, we need a country that has gotten fact on capitalism to enter the redistribution of wealth state.
You cant redistribute wealth if you have no fucking wealth to begin with.

>Start a revolution in UK, France or Germany, not some bumfuck shithole like Russia
t. Marx

Super. Simple. Stuff.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.