[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Normies & History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
How come normies hate history so much? You often hear shit like '' Why would i have to le know what Hitlers bathtubs name was? Xd Xd'' And why are most normies also so bad at history and especcially source criticism?
>>
>>3130176
To be fair, normies hate all academic fields that aren't their own.
>>
File: are you frustrated.jpg (234KB, 600x784px) Image search: [Google]
are you frustrated.jpg
234KB, 600x784px
>>3130176
because to become a real history buff you either genuinely have to be a huge fucking nerd or someone who took a liking to a certain period and decided to leanr more about it and found out it linked to something equally interesting and it snowballed and snowballed until you are where you are now
and a "normie" doesn't have either, he lives for the moment, wants to make money and fuck bitches and doesn't give a fuck what color where Roman legionary tunics.
>>
>>3130176
Because they'd rather be out doing normie shit. Fucking normies.
>>
>>3130176

plebs have a mindset of only getting money. So if something doesnt make them money, they see no point in it.
>>
Because it take a lot of reading and pondering to absorb all the knowledge required to comprehend History, and also a good lot of motivation, which people who are chronically dopamine-deprived thanks to over stimulation through mass-media consumption lack.
>>
>>3130176
People are lazy and history is a pretty niche topic. Most people think that to be good at history you have to memorize a ton of information like person X did Y thing in Z year, which is potentially overwhelming unless you really enjoy it. Also history is pretty niche meaning lots of people could have an interest in a specific area. For all you know that dumb basic bitch could be interested in European women's clothing of the 17th century and you could have a dozen conversations and never find that out unless she told you outright.

After all my favourite topic in history is warfare in the late 19th and early 20th century, and while that comes up a lot in /his/ and /pol/ it almost never comes up in regular conversation.
>>
It's not like they don't say the same about Maths, geography or physics. Unless you put it in the clickbait format of top 10 most brutal leaders they wont give much a fuck
>>
>>3130176
its in the genes. i was interested in geography and the origins of the worlds peoples and cultures when i was 5 years old. this turned into an obsession with historical demographics.
>>
It kind of depends. In my country, history is taught so abysmally that people just see it as a sort of requirement to get a high school diploma. Students just rote memorise facts and apply it to the exams. This kind of sucks because I loved readibng abkut history up until secondary school where I just became exteremely bitter and cynical.
>>
There have been tons of anti-historian purges and crimes throughout the ages, but when will we see a history-nerd supremacy movement, that purges people who believe in historical inaccuracies?
>>
>>3130918
Basically this,people are lazy at reading and wouldnt really find importance in learning it
>>
>>3130176
normalfags dont have autistic passions
>>
This sounds like a purely american mindest desu
>>
>>3130176
what was the name of hitler's bathtub?
>>
>>3132012
Mein Kampfy Tub.
>>
Another problem is that if you are interested in history but more like a general sense of worlds history and not pick a special topic or go really deep into [insert your fav part of history here] and you want to discuss some topics on /his/ and get a single small detail wrong you get flamed hard by some fucks that studied history and specialized in that topic you just know a bit about and want to discuss...
>>
>>3132044
kek
>>
>>3132086
jesus christ youre a pussy
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.