[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is romantic love a sufficient enough raison d'etre?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7938.jpg (14KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7938.jpg
14KB, 205x246px
Is romantic love a sufficient enough raison d'etre?
>>
>>3129876
>raison d'etre

Why do people feel the need to use french where English is completely sufficient? Is it to seem sophisticated?
>>
>>3129876
No.

Romantic love is a drug
http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/news/20101013/romantic-love-affects-your-brain-like-a-drug#1

It also lasts about one or two years
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4478040.stm
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/02/opinion/sunday/new-love-a-short-shelf-life.html?mcubz=0

Hollywood really messed up people by making them believe that romantic love is so important.

Live a life of virtue and you will be happier than by being a thrill seeker.
>>
>>3130323
Yes
>>
>>3130361
This is some pleb evidence with some serious bias.
>>
>>3130323

You are aware that when William invaded England and made a bunch of Norman rape babies they mixed English with French so that many words that we use are French origin.
>>
>>3130438
>This is some pleb evidence with some serious bias.
Could you explain why you think so?
>>
>>3130458
You are aware that was almost 1,000 years ago and both languages have changed dramatically since then, oui?
>>
>>3130478
Well first of all both articles equate love with infatuation.

Which is ridiculous. Why would people be married for 50 years if they stopped being in love after 2? And who has ever defined love as infatuation?
>>
>>3130523
When people speak of romantic love, they speak about infatuation, not about the kind of love that the couple that is married for 60 years feel for each other.

>Why would people be married for 50 years if they stopped being in love after 2?

Also, "love" is not the main goal of marriage. Marriage is about family + companionship.
>>
File: dfwirl.png (400KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
dfwirl.png
400KB, 803x688px
>>3129876
Well I have neither, so...
>>
I'm >>3130535

Also, what I'm saying about love is pretty much the mainstream opinion about the subject.
Sorry if it harms your romantic sensibilities...
>>
>erōs & philia are still confused

in the end though, it is all about contemplation of the Absolute
>>
>>3130535
>When people speak of romantic love, they speak about infatuation, not about the kind of love that the couple that is married for 60 years feel for each other.

Well that's what I speak of when I speak of love.

Love isn't some flimsy 3 month bunnyfucking fest imo.
>>
>>3129876
No. And you will end up extremely miserable if you attempt to make it so.
>>
>>3130323
French used to the, well, Lingua Franca. A lot of terms are leftover from back then.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.