[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Original Intelligence vs. Regurgitated Knowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1498930973920.jpg (91KB, 1218x721px) Image search: [Google]
1498930973920.jpg
91KB, 1218x721px
>learning from others
or
>experiencing things and forming your own thoughts

I don't know which is better. Are you "tainted" or "lazy" if you read books? Aren't you better off by forming your own opinions on things instead of reading the opinion of someone else and regurgitating it?

This is something that has been bugging me. I want to go to university, but it feels like a path of comfortable mediocrity and not going the other way of forming your own thoughts and writing them down. I don't think you get multiple chances at stuff like this.

Think about it like this:

I'm 22. People typically reach their intellectual zenith at around 25 +- 2 years before very very slowly declining for the next several decades until they eventually start getting major problems in old age. Whatever you're going to do, the best of it will statistically be in your mid-twenties. This goes for scientists, painters, mathematicians, musicians and producers, athletes, whatever. Typically, your most CELEBRATED work in life, will have been accomplished around your mid-twenties.
>>
File: npBPKI0.jpg (1MB, 4061x2973px) Image search: [Google]
npBPKI0.jpg
1MB, 4061x2973px
>>3129289
cont.

Something that I've noticed is that people who I find exceptionally intelligent or clever, or whatever you want to use to describe how noticeably sharper they are than everyone else you see every day, have the following qualities across the board, every time, no matter what, no question..

1. They read books and have for most of their lives, making them well-read and cultured - they know what they're talking about and don't bullshit anything

2. They are strikingly articulate when forming arguments, partially by using "big words" fluently that most people don't even know the definition of

3. If they attend(ed) university, they don't pay much attention to the work and instead focus on their own thoughts and projects outside of class for their own purposes

4. They are eccentric enough to be noticeable(aspergers, etc), but normal enough to function in society.. i.e. live on their own, have a job, what have you...

5. They only have original thoughts, and never regurgitate anything.

What i'm describing, I very, very rarely if ever see go to university and use it as some kind of path to higher learning... or act like it means anything. I don't know how to explain it. They take everything into their own hands. They form their own opinions ALWAYS, and very rarely give a shit what other people think on any subject.

I don't see THESE people working hard on their term papers and sweating to get a 4.0 because they JUST HAVE to get into law school, or whatever, you get the point. These people don't listen to professors, or give a shit about what their peers think AT ALL. It's like they're incapable almost, or think it's 100% a waste of their time.

They form their own path. These qualities just don't fit the mold of university, do they? Am I wrong? Regular people do not act like this, and they go to university because "it's what you're supposed to do". I think it is a positive correlation.
>>
>>3129289
Opinions can be formed in two ways. Informed or uninformed. Never is the uninformed opinion any good in any way.
>>
Maybe the frame of reference or the outdated classifications you put people on are wrong?

If you don't feel well, there is something you need from others or there is something you need to change yourself.
If you already sorted yourself out (i don't know another expression), then plan what you need to do to get what you want.
>>
>>3129289
>Muh lazy but talented

Siiiigh... I'm dealing with an ignoramus, be gone.
>>
>>3129289
Ease it with the fucking spacing, this isn't Reddit.
>>
>>3129289
>and forming your own thoughts
Not possible
Unless you life in full isolation, which means no other people, no written works etc.
>>
>>3129289
>People typically reach their intellectual zenith at around 25 +- 2 years
What?
>>
>>3129291
You won't be one of them if you quit the school, that much I can guarantee you.

>Regular people do not act like this, and they go to university because "it's what you're supposed to do"
Depends on the department and kind of university. What you described sounds like someone from economics or law, where most of people are just for the money.
>>
>>3129289
You need bothfaggot. Read and form your own stuff after having a base to go from
>>
Funny, I have been reading about the issue of "original thoughts" in Dostojievsky's "the idiot" in the past few days
It's a great book that is surprisingly "modern", and speaks of many issues that are very much so today, and it's nice to see a perspective on them from 150 years ago
>>
>This goes for scientists, painters, mathematicians, musicians and producers, athletes, whatever. Typically, your most CELEBRATED work in life, will have been accomplished around your mid-twenties.
Pretty sure most accomplished artists, writers and such release their best stuff in their later years. Definitely middle aged at least. Your brain may neurologically be at it's peak when younger but your younger self has less experience in the memory bank. Also, that pesky libido and higher test level is also a major distraction when younger, you mellow out a bit later in those respects.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.