[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Augustus really good as a ruler, or was he just skillful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Was Augustus really good as a ruler, or was he just skillful in the propaganda department?
>>
>>3129053
Both
>>
>>3129053
Both.
>>
>>3129053
Both. The guy fucked a lot of young, virgin pussy which some people might consider a bad thing and if it is, that's the worst he ever did.
>>
>>3129323
>forgetting about the human sacrifices
>>
>>3129053
>>3129053

Being skillful in propaganda and a good ruler aren't mutually exclusive, in fact, you could argue that any successful politician is also a successful propagandist. As for Augustus himself, he managed to keep himself alive long enough to die of old age while cementing his own legacy into the very architecture of the city. In his own words: "I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of marble." Not bad considering that the guy before him got stabbed to death.
>>
>>3129940
>Not bad considering that the guy before him got stabbed to death.
And the guys following him through the dynasty were either crazy (Tiberius, Nero, Little Boots) or married to crazy (Claudia)
The real question is in a thread I'll make myself.
>>
>>3129053
He persecuted christians so he is objectively bad.
>>
>>3130085
Christians back then were insufferable cunts.
>>
>>3130085
>Persecuted Christians
>Jesus was crucified during the reign of Tiberius
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>3130085
Augustus died when Jesus was 14 you fucking autist
>>
>>3129053
He was a really good ruler, but what cemented his legacy was simply his age. Dude out ruled an entire generation which made him seem like a god. There were people who were born into the augustan time period lived a full life and died in an Augustan time. It wasn't something people witnessed often.
>>
>>3129053
Yes to both.
>>
File: 1492011279669.png (457KB, 515x625px)
1492011279669.png
457KB, 515x625px
>>3130770
>back then
>>
>>3130079
Tiberius wasn't mad, he was just an autist who didn't want to be Emperor and had a shitload of propaganda made against him.
>>
>>3132339
He probably became a little unhinged after the whole episode with Sejanus.
>>
>>3130085
He died 17 years before Christ did.
>>
>>3130792
*17-18, Jesus is actually accepted as having been born in 3-4 BC.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.