[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>China

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 47

File: tang_victory.jpg (17KB, 320x204px) Image search: [Google]
tang_victory.jpg
17KB, 320x204px
>China
>>
>>3128597
What battle is this?
>>
>>3128643
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suiyang
>>
File: Battle of Yongqiu.png (23KB, 314x341px) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Yongqiu.png
23KB, 314x341px
>>3128597
To be fair, general Zhang Xun was a military genius. Not to mention persistent in his objective in defending the province he's assigned to.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yongqiu
>>
>>3128597
>Yin Ziqi had besieged the city for a long time. The food in the city had run out. The dwellers traded their children to eat and cooked bodies of the dead. Fears were spread and worse situations were expected. At this time, Zhang Xun took his concubine out and killed her in front of his soldiers in order to feed them. He said, "You have been working hard at protecting this city for the country wholeheartedly. Your loyalty is uncompromised despite the long-lasting hunger. Since I can't cut out my own flesh to feed you, how can I keep this woman and just ignore the dangerous situation?" All the soldiers cried, and they did not want to eat. Zhang Xun ordered them to eat the flesh. Afterwards, they caught the women in the city. After the women were run out, they turned to old and young males. 20,000 to 30,000 people were eaten. People always remained loyal.
>>
File: 張巡許遠.jpg (72KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
張巡許遠.jpg
72KB, 500x375px
>>3128597
You don't know half of it. Their story was included in some Chinese textbooks in high schools. They're immortalized as guardian Gods. There are over one thousands temples to honour them in Taiwan and Fujian.
https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%9B%99%E5%BF%A0%E5%BB%9F
>>
>>3128597
>Implying you wouldn't eat thirty thousand people if you could
>>
>>3128722
wew fucking lad
>>
>>3128722
> People always remained loyal.

HOW? Is this asian cuckery?
>>
File: Map-of-Tang-Dynasty-in-663-AD.jpg (295KB, 1024x696px) Image search: [Google]
Map-of-Tang-Dynasty-in-663-AD.jpg
295KB, 1024x696px
>>3128731
Because Chinese people love Tang dynasty.
>>
>>3128731
Shame upon your ancestors if you're not eating those babies man. I mean nasty Chinese ghosts are literally called Hungry Ghosts.
>>
>>3128731
>Chinese
>Muh nation

It's useful during invasions but 50% of the time, its weaponised autism.
>>
>>3128597
Is there anyone who takes these exaggerated bullshit stories seriously anymore? Really?
>>
>tfw I look at Chinese people now and only see temporarily abstaining cannibals
>>
>>3128930
>exaggerated bullshit stories
Have you ever read the original Chinese texts?
This battle was a VERY crucial turning point during An Lushan Rebellion, and An Lushan Rebellion was a VERY big deal back in Tang dynasty, that's not exaggerate but fact. So yes, it's still being treated quite seriously, especially considering the high casualty and horrible cannibalism of it.

These two generals' decision is always attracting lots of controversies among Chinese historians and intellectuals.
>>
>>3128597
>Some dude says he's the brother of Jesus
>Fast forward 14 years
>100 million people are dead

Chinese history is fucked up man.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiping_Rebellion
>>
>people still call chinese history boring
>>
>>3128731
Those that didn't remain loyal were eaten.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (65KB, 545x499px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
65KB, 545x499px
Man, can you imagine a Chinese civil war today? The catastrophe that would cause, will be of comical proportions.
>>
>>3128722
>>Yin Ziqi had besieged the city for a long time. The food in the city had run out. The dwellers traded their children to eat and cooked bodies of the dead. Fears were spread and worse situations were expected.

Lmfao what?!
>>
>>3128731
An Lushan wasted so much time on this siege that the Tang were able to regroup and fuck him up, without holding out that long the country would have collapsed.
>>
>>3129474
It is.
>dude a ton of chinese people kill each other for the 35247256th time lmao
BORING
>>
>>3130926
>implying that's not human history as a whole
>>
>>3128731
Well, you have to compare it to what would have happened had the city fallen. Which I don't know, but it's an important factor.
>>
>>3128597

are chinese people even human? How do we know they arent some hivemind, insectoid race?
>>
>>3128743
>useful during invasions
But the two most successful dynasties were founded by norther invaders
>>
>>3131008
>two most successful dynasties were founded by norther invaders
>yuan
>qing
Gave me a good chuckle there, m8
>>
>>3131035
Tang was founded by the Jurchens
>>
>>3130926
History is literally nothing more than a bunch of evolved Apes killing each other.
>>
>>3128731
East Asians are more akin to insects than humans
>>
you keep this up, and we'll be recording american cannibalism when your next civil war 2 electric boogaloo comes up
>>
>>3130697
overpopulation problem will be relieve a quite bit
>>
File: 1487434471353.png (51KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
1487434471353.png
51KB, 500x517px
>>3128722
>>
I didn't realise that people were eaten. I one heard just involved the soldiers eating horses and tree bark.
>>
>>3131458
>I one heard just involved the soldiers eating horses and tree bark.
Civilians are less useful than horses though.
>>
>>3130697
It wouldn't be as barbaric. Thanks to modern technology like the internet and cameras in everyone's phones, acts of savagery would be quickly reported, the information disseminated, and it would be a massive PR problems for whoever was supposed to be in charge of the criminals.

Remember that the US pulled out of Vietnam because people saw what actual war was like on TV, and Vietnam wasn't as savage as WWII.
>>
>>3131492
China doesn't care about that as much.
>>
>>3131501
Perhaps, but they do care to an extent. Why would the government try to censor the entire internet if people would see their past misdeeds and not care?
>>
>japan
>>
>>3129495
Brilliant
>>
>>3128722
Cannibalism demonstrates your loyalty and Confucian values.
>>
>>3131520
>30 ships crashed
>Yi's record
(((Korean))) media.

Also the Koreans had armored ships.
>>
File: Panokseon.jpg (45KB, 446x336px) Image search: [Google]
Panokseon.jpg
45KB, 446x336px
>>3131559
>oh shit watch out for those armored ships
>>
>>3131520
Based.
>>
>>3131501
>China doesn't care about that as much.
The Chinese people do.

And in every Chink civil war, you have to win the Mandate of Heaven (read: the recognition of people that you are the legit government.)
>>
>>3131579
And Cannon.

The Japanese navy had zero cannon coz the Samurai thought boarding was the only legit form of naval combat.
>>
>>3128722

Fugg bruh, such an extreme display of civic patriotism/piety gives me mixed feels. On one hand, manly tears for sacrificing everything around you, even your humanity for the sake of what you believe to be the greater good. On the other hand, holy shit that is just metal, how many people - family members for some - do you have to eat before you think "shit maybe this isn't quite what the celestial bureaucracy had in mind with the mandate of heaven"
>>
>>3128722
west:
>save women and children first
east:
>eat women and children first
>>
>>3131052
>Tang was founded by the Jurchens
What alternative reality are you from?

>The Li family belonged to the northwest military aristocracy prevalent during the Sui dynasty[11][12] and claimed to be paternally descended from the Daoist founder Laozi (whose personal name was Li Dan or Li Er),[13] the Han dynasty General Li Guang,[14][15] and Western Liang ruler Li Gao. This family was known as the Longxi Li lineage (隴西李氏), which includes the Tang poet Li Bai. The Tang Emperors also had Xianbei maternal ancestry,[16][17] from Emperor Gaozu of Tang's Xianbei mother Duchess Dugu.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tang_dynasty#Establishment
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Tang-dynasty

They're at most were related a few highly sinicized Xianbie royalties.
>>
>>3132654
It wasn't about defending the women and children per se, it was about defending the city, and you need the men alive to do that

See: Alesia
>>
>Chinese general captures thousands of enemy soldiers
>Buries them alive

Based on Records of the Grand Historian, after the defeat of Zhao Kuo's army, Bai Qi ordered the execution of some 400,000 Zhao soldiers, presumably by burying them alive

Although Xiang Yu had the 200,000 surrendered Qin soldiers buried alive, he spared the three generals Zhang Han, Sima Xin and Dong Yi.

Bai Qi ordered the captured soldiers to be executed, presumably by being buried alive... ...Sima Qian claimed over 450,000 Zhao soldiers were killed during and after the battle. Emperor Xuanzong of Tang (685-762 AD) later built a temple over a collection of some of the human remains, and bones continue to be discovered on the site (Battle was in 260 BC)
>>
>>3128722

What's the point of the fucking city if it has no people remaining?
>>
>>3133024
it has valuable walls and structures and it can easily draw more people in from the countryside
>>
File: 1494896866555.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
1494896866555.png
312KB, 389x386px
>>3128722
>England is the bad guy in Chinese history
>>
>>3132647
They can't question your legitimacy if they're in your stomach.
>>
>>3132649
Yi soon Shin's personal craft was the only ship fighting at the start of the battle. The Mori ships also reached inside the minimum range of the Korean cannons but boarding action cause heavy casualties due to Korean Archers/Muskets.
>>
>>3132647
>Mandate of Heaven

No, it was just a propaganda tier CB
>>
>>3133024
Strategical positions.
>>
>>3133071
I watched the Korean movie about it. Is it true that the monk participate the war? I must speak against shits like rockets
>>
what the fuck is the english wikipedia has a heck more of info compare to the mandarin version?
>>
>>3133104
Yep, not only in this war, but during the other invasions as well. They were always placed in the most dangerous positions so the other men might see and fight harder, even till death.
>>
>>3128722
If Vercingetorix had done this at Alesia, he would have won
>>
>>3133151
Nah mate. They just needed Asterix
>>
File: IMG_4714.jpg (167KB, 659x635px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4714.jpg
167KB, 659x635px
>>3128722
>All the soldiers cried, and they did not want to eat. Zhang Xun ordered them to eat the flesh.
>>
>>3133174
>You have to eat this
>>
>>3133071
I was referring to the general naval situation of the Imjin War.

Nips suffered heavily for their lack of artillery. The fucking "national" Flagship/personal warship of the Shogun was breached in battle and was towed back to Japan to avoid being a national embarassment by sinking.
>>
File: IMG_4713.jpg (55KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4713.jpg
55KB, 480x480px
>>3133198
>if they don't eat the meat, then she died for nothing
>if they do eat the meat, they just ate another human being
>>
>>3132683
It was more of a Pre-Imperial China schtick.

It descended from the very ancient practice of burying slaves alive as human sacrifice to accompany a departed notable like a dead King or something. Still was around up to the warring states.
>>
>>3128731
>loyal
>eat 20000 people who aren't loyal
>400 survive
That's an approval rate of 5 %.
>>
>>3133198
>I don't care about what happened, but you have to eat this
>>
>>3133024
Sacrifice a city to save other cities.
>>
>>3133281
100% approval rate. Dead people don't count.
>>
>>3133213
It has nothing to do with burying slaves. Its just easier to do with huge numbers of POW. Let them dig a huge hole, march them into it and with your armed troops nearby let their friends fill the hole back up.
>>
>>3128722
fucking roasties put in their place
Normies get out reee
>>
Be glad that he did this or else China become another Turk
>>
File: IMG_1198.jpg (174KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1198.jpg
174KB, 800x1080px
>>3128597
As a chink I recognize how fucked it kinda was. But it's jarring to see that the Western idea of loyalty & duty is "walk away when shit gets hard".

In a Confucian society you are to obey your superior, consequences be damned. You're allowed to argue, beg, reason, bribe, whatever. But you NEVER disobey an order.

And in turn the superior MUST protect their inferior, consequences be damned. If your soldiers/children/employees are hungry, you do what you have to do.

If you have a Bond of loyalty with two people and your interests conflict irreconcilably, the only way out is an honorable suicide.

>Your little brother has stolen and the law is to execute thieves, but you must protect him
>You're a police officer and your loyalty is to your commanding officer/ruler, and your duty is to enforce the law
>Time for suicide
>>
File: IMG_4992.jpg (43KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4992.jpg
43KB, 511x288px
>>3128722
If you eat your civilians, you win
>>
File: Help....gif (952KB, 320x214px) Image search: [Google]
Help....gif
952KB, 320x214px
>>3133357
God
>>
>>3133357
>jarring to see that the Western idea of loyalty & duty is "walk away when shit gets hard".
you really have zero idea of Western history, don't you? even the most retarded kids in Chinese state schools know the Germans in WW2 "just following orders" excuse.

Personally, I quite like this historical anecdote and consider it quite acceptable.
>>
>>3133151
He didn't have the authority of the chinese state. His lords would've rebelled.
>>
>>3133357
>"walk away when shit gets hard"
It's called having conviction. To stand by what you believe in, what you know to be true and right, even in the face of opposition, even if it means going it alone. That is admirable. Robotic Chinese have no concept of integrity or conviction, they are just slaves who do whatever they are told to do and believe in nothing. Only what master believes is important to them and even then only so long as that person is their master. Hollow, empty people devoid of meaning.

In the west we have a tradition of martyrdom in the Christian faith. Saints and other early Christians were put to death or tortured for their belief in Christ, yet so strong was their conviction they would not renounce Him even subjected to such cruelties. Having the courage to stand alone against a howling mob that wants your blood because you know it is right is considered true righteousness. Following orders you know to be wrong is easy, you can just say "my master told me to" and it removes any responsibility from yourself, any necessity to consider morality. It is for soulless people.
>>
>>3133281
Except they didn't kill and eat them all AT ONCE, right? This people was remaining loyal while others where being killed and eaten, knowing they would be next.
>>
>>3133507
this
>>
>>3128722
Is this the fault of Confucius or are the Chinese just too autistic for ethics?
>>
>>3133110
China yellow washes everything bad in their history, it's really only the West that goes to any length to educate others on their atrocities.
>>
>>3133507
>In the west we have a tradition of martyrdom in the Christian faith. Saints and other early Christians were put to death or tortured for their belief in Christ, yet so strong was their conviction they would not renounce Him even subjected to such cruelties. Having the courage to stand alone against a howling mob that wants your blood because you know it is right is considered true righteousness.

Soooo...

Just like the conviction that "I must hold this strategically important city as is my duty to the country, at all fucking costs."

You proved nothing m8.
>>
>>3128722
>fed them literal roastie
>>
>>3133551
Confucius was just afirming already existing chinese values. He was a traditionalist.
>>
>>3133580
We're not only amazed by the dude who eats, but the gazillion fags who are willingly eaten.
>>
>>3128722
>the Chinese
>human

Pick one.
>>
>>3133580
Difference is means vs ends. Chinese will use any means to reach their ends, which is efficiency, not ethics (unless you are a dirty utilitarian scum). Western morality is largely based on ends not justifying immoral means. It's the opposite in China.
>>
File: IMG_1208.jpg (44KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1208.jpg
44KB, 399x385px
>>3133507
You just agreed with me you stupid gweilo. The loyalty of the martyrs for their master Christ was very admirable.

Confucius does not advocate BLIND loyalty to one's master. A subordinate has a moral duty to speak up when their superior is going down the path of darkness. When the command is wrong, a son should resist his father, and a minister against his master.

You western fools call piety "robotic"
>>
>>3133024
There's always a trillion more chinks to replace any that die.
There's a reason westerners think chinks are an insectile hive mind race, its because there's so goddamn many of them.
>>
File: ching chong.jpg (37KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
ching chong.jpg
37KB, 381x380px
>>3133667
>>
>>3133664
Fuck off. The "insect" meme only exists on /pol/ from their weekly "shit on chinese people" threads.
>>
>>3133568
You really full of shit! Have you even read a single Chinese page? Can you even read Chinese? The Chinese version clearly have more detailed and longer contents of this battle than English version. And everyone can directly read original Chinese texts of these stories from "Old Book of Tang" and "New Book of Tang" on internet. Besides, did you not see these? >>3128977
>>3128723

People already said it's been recorded in Chinese textbooks and there are thousands of temples about them till nowadays.

I'm always amazed people like you can shameless spout shits while barely can read any original texts.
>>
My grasp of Chinese history is really bad, but wasn't there some warlord that ended up depopulating his territory by 90% or something? Soldiers being ordered to kill the peasants and then each other, mountains of heads and stuff like that.
>>
>>3133679
calm down, zheng
>>
>>3133677
>the "insect" meme only exists on /pol/
lol no, that meme has been around long before /pol/.
>>
>>3133656
John Chinaman speaks the truth (for once):
there is an imperative to do away with corrupt and inefficient emperors. The Mandate of Heaven is not tied to one man, it can be taken away just as easily as it was bestowed. This is discussed in Mencius as I recall. Also see TT Meadows' work, The Chinese and their Rebellions for further evidence of this in action.
>>
>I heard that every time you fight, you open your eyelids until they rip, and you bite your teeth until they crack.
How the fuck do you open your eyelids until they rip????
>>
>>3131052
WE
>>
Why is cannibalism okay when christfags do it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Ma%27arra
>>
>>3133774
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epicanthic_fold
>>
>>3133198
>eat these eggs
>why are you doing this?
>>
>>3130926
Yeah the death tolls do get ho hum, but they never cease to impress with novelty.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Xianzhong
Coldsteel the Hedgeheg the General
>>
>>3133947
Because muh white race
>>
>tfw you will never see this much loyalty or bravery in modern times ever again
>>
File: 1455587238138.png (38KB, 499x338px) Image search: [Google]
1455587238138.png
38KB, 499x338px
>>3133507
wow it's like christ is the master and they're his loyal servants or something

really makes you think
>>
File: 1494887466355.jpg (36KB, 331x314px) Image search: [Google]
1494887466355.jpg
36KB, 331x314px
>>3133980
>chink eyes are so squinty they rip if they fully open them
>>
>>3134919
I think the only people able to display that nowadays would be north koreans. They are the last true chinks.
>>
>>3131492
Have you seen the shit that STILL manages to get online from China? That shit, WITHOUT civil war is barbarism, one can only imagine what'd go down in gooktown if SHTF
>>
>>3133580
>>3133656
>>3134925
chinaman comes out in hordes i see
>>
File: 4chanvisitors.png (39KB, 1084x330px) Image search: [Google]
4chanvisitors.png
39KB, 1084x330px
hmm
>>
>>3128722
>People always remained loyal.
easy to remain loyal when you are being eaten by 10 armored soldiers
this stuff is inasne
>>
>>3135030
Not that easy when ten warriors eat your friend and you got 1000 hungry fellas by your side.
>>
>>3134928
That's actually really badass

Like an anime

>Guys who always has his eyes shut
>Close up
"Looks like this battle just got serious"
*opens them*
[J-Rock starts blaring]
>>
>>3134967
Have you SEEN the shit online from America on YouTube & WorldStar?
>>
>>3128722
Asians are the cattle of people. They are, quite literally, bred for the slaughter.
>>
>>3133024
resources
you can always stuff the city full of your guys and china has never been short of people
>>
>>3135077
>fully grown niggers beating each other is the same as chinese men stomping toddlers

chinese bugmen, everyone
>>
Dude, westerners are such robots

Loyalty between master & subordinate? Look at this garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKIgv8AhffA

I mean duuude, who would ever glorify piety and social bonds?
>>
>>3128698

Wow
>>
>>3135091
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5aIpUVAwZs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuF_5lxVy7w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNzMQokyIHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKFxQ_pmU78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sm5rpDQrgM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKRoFoy_Hpc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDVaiwzU8yc

Fuck off, savage
>>
>>3135096
¥3 have been deposited into your account
>>
>>3133656
>gweilo
fucking kek
>>
>>3135139
>CIDF in full force

thankfully, i can be assured the examples are merely outliers in a society which actually places value on the life of a human :)
>>
File: IMG_1261.jpg (29KB, 337x253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1261.jpg
29KB, 337x253px
>>3135163
>Outliers

So that's why your murder and overall crime rate are higher than China's? Kek
>>
File: kentucky.jpg (45KB, 540x399px) Image search: [Google]
kentucky.jpg
45KB, 540x399px
This is the perfect thread for my oc donut steel reaction image
>>
>>3134967
Are you talking about isolated incidents caught on tape or atrocities committed by members of a well known large organization that is dependent on public support such as an army, caught on tape?

With the former you get outraged viewers there is only so much such outrage will amount to, with the latter people can point a finger a specific organization and it will hurt when they lose public support.

That aside, which of these online videos actually featured widespread cannibalism?
>>
>>3135173
you wouldn't be mistaking me for an amerifat would you
>>
>>3133110
>>3133568
Because Chinese use baike instead of wikipedia, genius.
>>
File: IMG_1262.jpg (48KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1262.jpg
48KB, 1024x682px
>>3135205
Don't bother. These anti-China shills never have any arguments besides 7 year old anecdotal online newspaper headlines that were in the news BECAUSE it was so shocking. That's literally their entire argument against over 1,000,000,000. You see them do this on /pol/ every day.

>Chinks are insects
How?
>Uh, there's a lot of them!
There's lots of whites too
>FUCK YOU LOOK AT THIS ANECDOTE FROM 2011!!!!
I don't see your point, anyone can-
>LOOK! RANDOM YOUTUBE VIDEOS!
That's cool but all the statistics and basic common sense would tell you that we-
>REEEEEE!!!!!

This is usually followed by accusing people of being part of an internet propaganda group
>>
>>3135211
My point still stands, Chinese people commit less crimes and anti-social acts than most Europeans
>>
>>3135211
So what is your argument? American society places value on human life and those videos are just outliers, or those videos aren't outliers and American society doesn't place value on human life? Either position goes against one the post in the reply chain.
>>
>>3135195
B(you)tiful.
>>
>>3133580
That's not a conviction, that's just something you were told to do. A conviction is an absolute principle, a foundational belief. Chinese do not have these, they only have blind slave obedience.
>>
>>3134925
Except it's totally backward. In the early days of Christendom keeping faith with God was hard because people were actively persecuting Christians. It was much MUCH easier to just renounce your faith because that's what society wanted from you. Keeping faith even though it was illegal was harder. A soulless Chinese would just renounce Christ and think nothing of it, or if he ran into some contradiction he'd kill himself just to escape having to make a moral decision. That's how morally bankrupt Chinese people are.
>>
>>3135245
true, there's plenty of actual criticisms of China that get overlooked such as their awful safety and health regulations, their widespread human rights abuses, general corruption, and terrible degrading of their environment.
>>
>>3135384
See? I can concede that. Absolutely fine.

But the shilling shit reminds me of those dumb SJW who blow up every crime by a white guy as indicative of the entire race.
>>
>>3133656
>The loyalty of the martyrs for their master Christ was very admirable
Christ doesn't force anyone to be loyal to him. There's no punishment for it. It's not like China where your master beats you or kills you because you failed him, the coercive force in fact goes the other way. There are many, many forces telling you to forsake Christ. It is in fact much easier to give up on Christ than it is to keep faith with Him. Because there's no immediate benefit to believing in God, and in the old days of persecution being a devout follower meant increasing your own worldly suffering. It was a very hard road to walk and nobody could force you to do it.

Chinese fundamentally do not understand this because they only understand slave mentality of doing what they are told. They would never ever willingly walk the hard road of persecution by choice, they'd just renounce Christ the minute somebody with authority told them to because Christ has no power to compel obedience from them so they'd default to obeying the guy who could have them beaten or take away their family's food or whatever.

No Chinese would ever die for a moral cause, it's beyond their comprehension.
>>
>>3135370
Keep repeating yourself after getting BTFO
>>3135381
Once again, ignoring the earlier refutation and continuing to shill

You fuckers are the ones who have no respect for family, loyalty, honor, or anything else of value
>>
>>3135396
BTFO by what? Your Chinese incomprehension of morality? You just keep rationalizing it as obedience to a master but that's not how it works, it's just how your shitty chink brain is able to process it because you have no concept of morality.
>>
>>3135384
>muh human rights
>proceeds to bomb civilians with white phosphorous
All others are actually valid criticisms though
>>
This event is posted all over /his/ all the time, this entire thread is a hive of Reddit and newfags
>>
>>3135395
Nobody is forcing you to recognize the righteousness of loyalty, we just call you like we see you: scum. So go ahead and spit in your father's face. Go ahead and ignore your mother's pleas to visit. Soulless bastard.

A master doesn't kill his follower for disobedience. Where are you pulling bullshit from? Oh right, your ass.

>Chinese fundamentally do not understand this because they only understand slave mentality of doing what they are told.
We're not Japanese you fucking moron. The Master made it clear that arguing wen faced with immoral commands is vital.

Many Chinese have died for our beliefs. For our loyalty to family, friends, and the government (when it deserves it). You'd never begin to understand.
>>
>>3135396
>you fuckers are the ones who have no respect for family, loyalty, honor, or anything else of value
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_infanticide_in_China
*strong family values intensifies*
>>
>>3134919
Stalingrad
>>
>>3128722
I love chinese history
>>
>>3131492
>Remember that the US pulled out of Vietnam because people saw what actual war was like on TV, and Vietnam wasn't as savage as WWII.

that's why we don't get cool combat footage from the US anymore.

you have no idea how nasty some US operations are, but they intelligences services are very good at intercepting leaks.
>>
File: Nigga what.png (516KB, 500x587px) Image search: [Google]
Nigga what.png
516KB, 500x587px
>>3128722
>>
>>3132683
>450k
China never fails to impress me with its huge numbers of casualties. Did every single chinese family have at least 10 children?
>>
>>3135455
Short of execution, the harshest penalties were imposed on practitioners of infanticide by the legal codes of the Qin dynasty and Han dynasty of ancient China.

Scottish Physician John Dudgeon, who worked in Beijing, China, during the Qing Dynasty said that in China, "Infanticide does not prevail to the extent so generally believed among us, and in the north it does not exist at all."

A Confucian who would kill someone who depends on them is by definition not even Confucian. Besides, Europeans committed lots infanticide as well.
>>
>>3135395
Oh yeah, it's not like matyrs died with firm belief that once their petty earthly ordeals are over, they would be rewarded infinitely in the afterlife.
>>
>>3135370
>That's not a conviction, that's just something you were told to do.
Just like how a holy book told you that there's a god that loves you and you should believe in him?
>A conviction is an absolute principle, a foundational belief.
So's patriotism. General Zhang Xun could've easily surrendered and let the rebels take a clear shot on the evacuating government. The rebels did promise that they'll be treated fairly.
>>
>>3135493
Pre-industrial farming families had large numbers of children, world-wide. The fact that you can put your children to work before they hit teenage years, and high child mortality means the optimal economic decision is to have more children, not less.
>>
>>3135572
Europe never got close to those numbers in the same period though.
>>
>>3131453
Fun fact, the crusaders practiced cannibalism at the Siege of Ma'arra
>>
>>3135617
Well Europeans didn't live in a singular centralized state that distributed resources to everyone. Rice in the South to feed Northerners in the winter and so on.

Instead they had the barriers of borders and trade.
>>
>>3128722
literally Warhammer tier. Asian autism is not to be challenged. Same with the Japs in ww2
>>
>>3135493
alot of the figures are inflated as per usual with most ancient sources
>>
>>3128722
Better to die a patriot than live a traitor
>>
File: caocao.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
caocao.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>3135195
>>
>>3128597
Have you guys ever heard of munster?
Or are you all completely new to this board?
>>
>>3131520
Fake news
>>
File: 1407407782876.jpg (157KB, 992x880px) Image search: [Google]
1407407782876.jpg
157KB, 992x880px
>>3133357
>>
File: allyourspears.jpg (28KB, 260x179px) Image search: [Google]
allyourspears.jpg
28KB, 260x179px
>>3135625
Neither did india, yet indians had substantial share of the world population even in those times.
>>
>>3128722
why didnt he just cut up his own flesh to feed his soldiers?
>>
>>3135195
Stealing this meme
>>
>>3135418
>The Americas are imperialist dogs
>proceeds to seize trade routes and set up colonies
>>
I see /r/sino has invaded.
>>
Did the Qing rejuvenate the empire or ruin it?
>>
>>3137321
Stagnated it.

Like they pretty much saw what the Ming built and let it remain that way.
>>
>>3135625
The Romans did use grain from North Africa to feed the rest of the empire.
>>
>>3136480
>colonies
You read too much /pol/
>>
>>3136006
Then who lead those soldiers? How old are you?
>>
>>3135163
He just let you have your own medicine for once.
>>
>>3135384
>there's plenty of actual criticisms of China that get overlooked such as their awful safety and health regulations, their widespread human rights abuses, general corruption, and terrible degrading of their environment.
WTF are you talking about?These are the most common criticisms about China on western MSM. But western supremacists and SJW on internet obviously think it's not enough to satufy their propaganda wars since they can't solely use these as excuses to dehumanize Chinese.
>>
>>3137640
Hence they have to turn almost every threads about Chinese history into anti-Chinese racial and cultural wars in order to compensate their declining hegemony and insecure feelings.
>>
>>3137640
*satisfy
>>
>>3137328
they did worse, they actively tried to stop using gun in order to reinforce the tradition of bows
>>
File: BANZAI.jpg (77KB, 736x535px) Image search: [Google]
BANZAI.jpg
77KB, 736x535px
>>3133357
>"walk away when shit gets hard".
You mean like when the Japanese came charging? Because Chinese got repeatedly BTFO while Westerners held the line. In fact banzai charging ONLY works against soldiers who fear you to the point of disregarding orders, against troops with actual discipline it's counter-productive.

Westerners make the distinction between loyalty and obedience.

Loyalty is something earned by both leaders and followers, not inherent but the reward for consistently productive behavior in service to a cause higher than yourself. Westerners want to know that you can hack it before they put their faith in you. That's why elected leaders and representation in government is such a central concept to our way of arranging society

Obedience is something a dog does to avoid punishment because it is an animal specifically bred to throw its lot in with humans. Making other humans act that way is worst than useless, it only creates out-of-touch leaders surrounded by yes-men and ritual, while making soldiers more interested in avoiding pain than serving with honor and distinction.
>>
>>3137921
>while Westerners held the line.
Nigga wat, Western colonies in SEA fell wholesale to the Nips.

Also
>Nazis take over half of France.
>France surrenders.

>Japs take over half of China.
>China continues fighting.
Yeup.
>>
>>3133656
>gweilo
goyim pls
>>
>>3137931
>Nigga wat, Western colonies in SEA fell wholesale to the Nips.
losses which rapidly reversed themselves, especially once the Americans and Australians started fighting back in force. And the IJN never really had a chance against the USN, either at Coral Sea or at Midway.

>France surrenders.
>China continues fighting.
Because China is a vastly larger country with a vastly larger pool of resources and manpower. Have a sense of scale, there were times in western history when France had conquered Germany. That shit doesn't last in the west like it did in the east.
>>
>>3133203
Well if you can avoid your flagship sinking shouldn't you, I don't know, do that?
>>
>>3137951
>losses which rapidly reversed themselves, especially once the Americans and Australians started fighting back in force.
Salvation came from a fleet from the US homeland. None of the colonies held the line.

>Because China is a vastly larger country with a vastly larger pool of resources and manpower. Have a sense of scale, there were times in western history when France had conquered Germany. That shit doesn't last in the west like it did in the east.
Excuses. Germans were barely past Paris when the Frogs surrendered.

French and German forces were also technologically and tactically at par with one another. Meanwhile some Chinese units had to do with swords and spears with a sole machine gun covering their charge.
>>
File: Nihon Maru.jpg (2MB, 2125x1573px) Image search: [Google]
Nihon Maru.jpg
2MB, 2125x1573px
>>3137965
The Japs towed it to the fighting in the Imjin War thinking it would sweep away the naval opposition due to its sheer size alone.

The "Nihon Maru" ended up being a useless, barely-maneuverable cannon target-practice for Korean naval gunnery.
>>
>>3133357
DAS LITE
WE WUZ HONLABU N SHIT
>>
File: 1500484762488.jpg (44KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
1500484762488.jpg
44KB, 456x386px
>>3133507
>talks shit about dying for something you believe in
>invokes martyrdom as the more moral alternative

Holy shit you MUST be trolling
>>
>>3137973
>Comparing France with the whole of Europe
>>
File: 1480898363457.gif (2MB, 297x229px) Image search: [Google]
1480898363457.gif
2MB, 297x229px
>>3128597
The Chinese have always been shit at war. The amount of failures they had fighting the Vietnamese, Koreans, Tibetans and the Northern tribes is astonishing. I have no idea how anyone could even compare them to the Roman machine of war with a straight face.
>>
>>3130956
>>3131383
>history is only about war
Back to middle school with you.
>>
>>3138813
>Roman war machine
>loses 20% of its young male population in a single battle
>>
File: 1471287238976.jpg (208KB, 482x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471287238976.jpg
208KB, 482x500px
>Zhang Xun, Nan Jiyun and Xu Yuan were all captured. Yin Ziqi asked,"I heard that every time you fight, you open your eyelids until they rip, and you bite your teeth until they crack. Why do you do that?" Zhang Xun answered, "I want to eat you traitors alive. The damages to my eyes and teeth are nothing." Yin Ziqi used a dagger to hold open Zhang Xun's mouth, and to his surprise, all but three of Zhang Xun's teeth were indeed cracked. Zhang Xun finally said, "I die for my emperor, so I will die in peace."
>put a cannibal in charge of your army
>cannibalism ensures
>"What the fuck Chinese people amirite"
Not Chinese people, Chinese cannibals.
>>
>>3133947
Nothing wrong with it if your would-be meals are already dead.
>>
File: 1463777613254.png (270KB, 509x501px) Image search: [Google]
1463777613254.png
270KB, 509x501px
>>3137620
>>3137640
>>3137647
chinky getting toasty
>>
File: The disappointment of Weebs 18.jpg (1014KB, 1876x1423px) Image search: [Google]
The disappointment of Weebs 18.jpg
1014KB, 1876x1423px
>>3138813
Wew lad, it's /pol/ tier china hater again.

But Il Duce you know trash talking still can't bring back your precious Roman empire or stop China taking down your western hegemony.
>>
File: Muh Duce.jpg (40KB, 556x636px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Duce.jpg
40KB, 556x636px
>>3138813
It's actually quite ironic you use such a gigantic man of failure, who failed so much to the degree that he not only lost the only war he fought but also beat to death by a bunch of angry peasants and lost his entire regime, to humiliate Chinese.
>>
>>3138990
>atually having 18+ wikipedia screencaps just for shitposting on 4chan
Get out of your basement my dude.
>>
Who is more autistic, the germans or the gooks?
>>
>>3139038
The germans since they plunged the world into two of the biggest wars in history in the span of 20 years, but chinks are almost tied with them.
>>
File: german autism.png (823KB, 1606x1068px) Image search: [Google]
german autism.png
823KB, 1606x1068px
>>3139038
Germans for sure.
>>
File: What.png (185KB, 475x754px) Image search: [Google]
What.png
185KB, 475x754px
>>3128722
>>
>>3135493
I know, it's like Warhammer 40k in real life.
>>
File: Kek of the Hill.jpg (202KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
Kek of the Hill.jpg
202KB, 679x960px
>>3133986
>>
>>3132647
Gotta get that +10 stability
>>
>>3128722
When fillial piety is trumped by civic piety
>>
>>3139034
>being this new

lurk more.
>>
File: 1490640516595.jpg (27KB, 359x402px) Image search: [Google]
1490640516595.jpg
27KB, 359x402px
>>3128723
And people give Catholics shit about Martyrs
>>
File: 2350872085.jpg (42KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
2350872085.jpg
42KB, 401x401px
>>3128722
> All the soldiers cried, and they did not want to eat.
>Zhang Xun ordered them to eat the flesh.
>>
>>3128722
wtf I hate china now
>>
>>3134984
I thought 4chan was blocked in China ?
>>
>>3132651
I like you, anon
>>
File: anglo.jpg (11KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
anglo.jpg
11KB, 274x184px
>>3133203
>Angolp'o
>Anglo op

Perfidious Albion REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>3139295
You can tell a chinaman is mad as fuck when he starts being incoherent. lol
>>
>>3134984
that explains all the chink shills crawling out of the woodwork this year
>>
>>3137921
Let's forget about how the US had numerical, logistical, technological, and aerial supremacy in just about all of its engagement while island hopping, both at sea and on land. No, the whole thing boiled down to how many people ran from the frontlines, which you're citing no sources for.
>>
>>3138809
You're right, France is not Europe, but literally no country in Europe were attacked by the Nazis and resisted to the end of the war besides Britain (which was never attacked by land and only by air for ~3 months) and Russia. So I guess the only European country that can brag about resisting to the end in WW2 is Russia, which coincidentally also treated its citizens as bad as any Chinese government of that era did to its own citizens.
>>
>>3137620
>He just let you have your own medicine for once.
>He
work on your english before trying to pose as a different anglophone
>>
>>3135395
>Christ doesn't force anyone to be loyal to him. There's no punishment for it.

What is eternal damnation
>>
>>3140389
It's what you deserve. It's what you're asking God for. It's what you want.
>>
>>3140401
You mean just like if you don't pay your taxes and acts of loyalty to the people who rule over your area, you deserve to be taken for granted if not treated like a traitor. I see no difference except for in terms of scale.
>>
>>3140401
No harm in accepting what we deserve. Besides if God was all powerful he wouldn't need us or be affected by us to begin with. Unless he's playing a game with Satan over how many will get into heaven and how many will get into hell
>>
File: Fall of the Yuan Dynasty.png (540KB, 488x366px) Image search: [Google]
Fall of the Yuan Dynasty.png
540KB, 488x366px
>Some guy rants about how Chinese & East Asians have slave mentality.
>Meanwhile we just had a thread about how European peasants barely revolted because they accepted the status quo for a very long time.
>Meanwhile in China, the Mandate of Heaven and Confucian morality dictates that it is a moral act to overthrow a government that doesn't rule properly and brings chaos to the land. Resulting in many dynasties overthrown by peasant revolts.

>European peasants had landlords.
>Most Chinese peasants owned their own land.
>>
>>3128722
>sell the kids for food
>>
>>3140620
>sell food for food
>>
>>3140620
>sell the kids AS food
ftfy
>>
>>3137973
>Salvation came from a fleet from the US homeland. None of the colonies held the line.
I already said that the overwhelming advantage that the west had over the Japanese was the strength of the U.S. Navy compared to the Imperial Japanese Navy. Where was the Chinese navy?

Japan's strategy, similar to the Nazis, was "bumrush your opponent and knock him out of the fight before he could get on a war-time footing." Yes, it has the potential to work when you're blindsiding unprepared opponents, but unlike the Chinese, the Russians, British, Americans, Canadians, and Australians did in fact, get prepared, and once that happened Japan was thoroughly fucked. All China did was fall to itself a few years later when the west prevented it from being conquered outright by the Japanese.

Put that in your opium pipe: "The Republic of China" would have been considered an interregnum between two despotic foreign ruling dynasties had the west not bailed them out. I mean for fuck's sake, it was Han Chinese murdering other Han Chinese for not wearing the dumb hair cut that the foreigners were forcing them to wear, then it was Han Chinese murdering other Han Chinese for not sufficiently adhering to a foreign (re: western) ideology.

>when the Frogs surrendered.
An occupation which lasted all of a few years before the rest of the allies restored France to its former glory. France has never once been "conquered" in the sense that the Chinese were conquered by the Mongols or the Manchurians.

>Meanwhile some Chinese units had to do with swords and spears with a sole machine gun covering their charge.
You say that like it's something in China's favor, that it's the west's fault that the country was an oversized global
backwater that got its shit pushed in by zealots using zerg tactics which actually suck ass against determined opponents with a modern economy and unified leadership.
>>
>>3140807
>china sucks for getting bailed out from partial occupation
>france got bailed out from total occupation but it's completely fine

Okay man.

>British, Americans, Canadians, and Australians did in fact, have oceans preventing any actual land invasions, giving them time to get prepared.

Only country in WWII that actually got properly invaded and fought back properly was Russia. While china didn't have its shit together in that era you're acting like every Allied country had the same invading forces and were facing the same existential threat.
>>
File: Indochina_map_1886.jpg (533KB, 1626x2114px) Image search: [Google]
Indochina_map_1886.jpg
533KB, 1626x2114px
>>3140807
>restored France to its former glory

LOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>3131520
I find this hard to believe.
>>
>>3137921
>while Westerners held the line
Not true. Only Canadians, Indians, and Australians did that IIRC.
>>
>>3138813
They lost against the Caliphate too. Han-Xiongnu was a fluke.
>>
>>3129454
>Some guy sells bamboo poles
>fast forward 15 years
>16 million dead

Jesus Christ China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungan_Revolt_(1862%E2%80%9377)
>>
>>3131383
>evolution
Back to /r/eddit
>>
>>3141889
>They lost against the Caliphate too. Han-Xiongnu was a fluke.
Your precious "Caliphate" and the whole Islam didn't even exist when Han-Xiongnu war happened which last for nearly 120 years long, that' doesn't sound a like fluke to me.
>>
>>3141889
You mean battle of Talas? Yeah, that really is a fluke. But these are not.
>>
>>3133036
Drugs are bad.
>>
>>3141954
*224 years
>>
>>3135065
I have epicanthic folds (no I'm not a downie). We can't open our eyes 'fully'.
>>
>>3135173
Because China lies about it's murder and crime rates ;^)
>>
>>3135384
>human rights
>>
>>3141998
you can't just greentext something and call it a refutation or argument duderino
>>
>>3140389
That's not a punishment, that's a decision. Follow Satan and you will be with him.
>>
>>3135396
>family
>loyalty
>honor
>of value
This is what feces-smelling insectoids actually believe.
>>
>>3138842
That never happenend. maybe you're confusing the entire second punic war with the battle of Cannae. Rome lost 20% of it's male population above the age of 17 over the entire course of the almost 20 year long war.
>>
>>3137931
Half of France is every relevant part of France, half of China is half of China.

It's like saying if the US took over the West or North half of Canada, that they would be devastated. No, they would have some food shortages at most. Same with China.
>>
>>3142000
>arguments are good
>>>/r/eddit
>>
File: Tang_Dynasty_circa_700_CE.png (228KB, 556x537px) Image search: [Google]
Tang_Dynasty_circa_700_CE.png
228KB, 556x537px
>>3128736
He was a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>3128722
>The dwellers traded their children to eat

Typical chinks.
>>
>>3140005
>numerical, logistical, technological, and aerial supremacy in just about all of its engagement while island hopping, both at sea and on land.
That's exactly my point. The U.S was organized in ways that the Japanese could never hope to achieve, and had never experienced fighting the Chinese. Once they got on a war-time footing Japan was totally fucked. Attacking Pearl Harbor was an act of suicide.

So which country is really the more "collectivist", the country worshiping its emperor as the solitary God-king on Earth while ruthlessly invading its neighbors? Or the country which got all of its own neighbors together while turning its vast, politically unified economy into a giant war machine?
>>
>>3137992
so was the WW2 yamato lol
>>
>>3138813
What do you think Mussolini was deliberating on in this gif?
>>
File: 1494300286227.jpg (109KB, 629x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494300286227.jpg
109KB, 629x768px
>>3128722
>All the soldiers cried, and they did not want to eat.
>Zhang Xun ordered them to eat the flesh.
>>
>>3135205
Don't you guys have "prisoners of conscience" who can be arrested for religion or whatnot, and then you sell their organs?
We can talk when you shut that shit down and somehow make amends, you machine man.
http://www.stoporganharvesting.org/
>>
>>3135466
It'd be great source material for a heavy metal album. Wouldn't you agree?
>>
>>3143254
>Don't you guys have "prisoners of conscience" who can be arrested for religion or whatnot, and then you sell their organs?
Nope, it's a hoax, there was no such thing anyway. But hey who am I kidding, you'll believe anything bad about China in order to bash Chinks.

>http://www.stoporganharvesting.org/
>Copyright © Falun Dafa Association of Washington, D.C. 2012-2017.
That's really persuasive to use a cult-established, American-funded website as your "citation".
>>
>>3143272
Surprised Sabaton hasn't gotten on that.
>>
>>3143306
chinese names are awful to listen to.
>>
>>3133679
t. wonton hong-kong
>>
>>3141928
Holy shit.
>>
>>3142000
>you can't just greentext something and call it a refutation or an argument duderino

I'm just messing with you.
>>
>>3143594
Most of the time it's because of awfully false or inaccurate pronunciation.
>>
>>3141879
Australian here

What are Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Peileilu, Okinawa?

Quit talking out your ass, wang chung.
>>
>>3141928
>The revolt arose over a pricing dispute involving bamboo poles, when a Han merchant selling to a Hui did not receive the amount demanded for the goods.
CANNOT BE FABRICATED
Reality really is stranger than fiction
>>
>>3143701
but I live around actual real deal chingchongs and I still find the language disgusting.
>>
>>3143868
I guess it's just like I find English or Nordic languages are disgusting as well.
>>
>>3143904
Yet you still speak it lmao
chinks BTFO
>>
>>3143913
Yeah, I speak it to insult you, that's what it's only good for, shitposting and insult. I don't usually use such filthy and barbaric language on daily life.
>>
>>3143921
"lol i speak a language i hate because it makes you mad"
wow, so this is the power of chink banter
>>
>>3133357
>the chink is anti-humantarian
Color me surprised.
>>
>>3143904

mad
>>
>>3143732
Sorry, I mean only Canadians, Indians, and Australians kept fighting when the Japanese invaded and outnumbered them. In Hong Kong or somewhere, I forgot.
>>
>>3134984
That is 4chan.com, not 4chan.org, anon.

Most Chinese people aren't proficient enough in english vernacular to come here.
>>
>>3143594
Good point, it'd also be a real challenge to sing along to for that reason.
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.