[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /his/. I would like to expand my knowledge about history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1497209237001m.jpg (131KB, 884x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1497209237001m.jpg
131KB, 884x1024px
Hello, /his/. I would like to expand my knowledge about history and saw that you guys seem to have a profound knowledge of any kind of history, which leads me to ask where do you got all this knowledge from?

I would really appreciate it if you guys could recommend me books, youtube-channes, websites or any other form of historical informations.
>>
>>3128071

Audio-books, mostly. I used to really hate long car rides because I get bored easily. So I started listening to audio-books in the car.
>>
>>3128071
>where do you got all this knowledge from
Its a bit embarrassing to say but I played EU4, some of the events described in it got me more interested in history, and then I went to my local library and started reading books about the histories of different nations and eras. You can learn a lot from reading history books, funny how that works.

I can't really give you recommendations (other than to go to a library) until you narrow down what you're interested in more. But you might be better off just going to the library and speaking to a librarian about how you're interested in history but don't know where to start. Librarians are a great, and unfortunately underused resource.
>>
>>3128080
Which audio books, if I may ask.
>>
>>3128071
I read Barbara Tuchman's "The Guns of August" and basically picked people, previous wars and revolutions that sounded interesting to read more about, then bought the books haha.

History books also have the sources listed at the end so you can pick more that sound cool from there.

Currently reading pic related because I read about his command of the defenses of Mafeking in Doyle's "The Great Boer War."
>>
College courses are your best bet to be honest.Books are nice, but courses really help give you the full picture and help you retain that knowledge with essays where you have to write coherent essays with what you know.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.