[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ottomans and the Conquest of the Galaxy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Cb_B3UlUkAEDuo3.png large.png (164KB, 379x316px) Image search: [Google]
Cb_B3UlUkAEDuo3.png large.png
164KB, 379x316px
As a Russoboo, Crusaderboo and a Byzantiboo, I have to state my respect for the Ottomans when you take into account their ability to effectively conquer and administer territory. The Millets were THE ideal way to prevent unrest in non-Muslim territories and the Devshirme, morality aside, allowed one of the first standing armies, which enabled the Empire to have some modicum of centralisation. The Ottoman Empire then managed to last around half a millenium after taking Constantinople, managing to rival the Roman Empire whose legacy it attempted to claim for itself - no mean feat.

Which brings me to another matter. If you had to create an empire to conquer the galaxy, what historical empire would you model it off? I thought about it quite a lot, because the Imperium of Mankind from Warhammer 40k seems quite dysfunctional - and sadly as a Byzantaboo and Crusadaboo, I see the parallels. Mindless treachery in the Administratum, meaningless wars based on religion rather than geopolitics, truly indicating of the End Times.

If we had to conquer the galaxy, I think we should do Millets in Space and Devshirme in space. Don't purge the Xeno. Make them pay space zakat and give their firstborn sons as part of the space Devshirme for the space Janissaries.

So /his/, the main question - if you had to design an interstellar state to conquer the world, in your experience, what should it be based of?
>>
File: rMrtbu5.png (56KB, 919x737px) Image search: [Google]
rMrtbu5.png
56KB, 919x737px
>>3127577
>>
>>3127577
Triple Alliance
>>
>>3127577
Ottomans or Romans.
Romans were fantastic at administering a giant diverse empire and making it's non-Roman subjects into Latin speaking Romans.
The Ottomans also administered a giant diverse empire, but they rejected assimilation for autonomy.
Massive downside to the Ottoman system was these territories suffered economically from poor local planning, Egypt and Syria were the richest areas under the Romans/Byzantines and even the Arabs, but became complete shitholes under the Turks.
So I'd go with the Roman style, since the development of their territories was superb. Plus they have a lasting legacy in the Romance languages.
>>
Space Benin
>>
>>3127577
Personally I would base it off of the Achaemenid Persian model of letting local governments keep their customs, religion etc. intact as long as they paid taxes and showed up when they were needed. It's really the only effective way to ensure the loyalty of so many different peoples over such a vast area. Make them not want to revolt, give them a better deal than they had to begin with. Only those who really value the idea of complete freedom would resist and even then you can just give control of that planet to a turncoat and continue the system. It helps if there was a worse, more draconian empire that came before you that you can compare yourself favorably to. Satraps were also a pretty effective territorial governing body that could rule a system each potentially in this sci-fi universe.
>>
>>3127577
Kek I did the same in stellaris.
I think an galactic ottoman empire would be xenophile militaristic and based on hierarchy right?
>>
>>3127786
What about authoritarianism? Pretty sure the game also literally defaulted to naming my slave armies Janissaries.

Hell, what about spiritualism?
>>
>>3127577
>if you had to design an interstellar state to conquer the world, in your experience, what should it be based of?

It would be a race of highly intelectual bipedal labradors in space

What do you mean I'm a furry?
>>
>>3127804
The ottomans were never that religiously minded also yeah they should be authoritarian.
They would be authoritarian militaristic xenophile and they would have the warrior culture trait atleast.
>>
>>3127599
Except the Persians were constantly putting down rebellions. There needs to be a degree of homogeneity otherwise you just have a bunch of people thinking they'll be better off if our culture/ideology/religion/whatever the fuck is in charge
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.