/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw we will never know the name of the hominid that invented fire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

>>
well obviously his name was "fire"

how else did we get the word "fire" for fire?
>>
>rubbing things randomly together

Was it autism?
>>
reminder. some tribes of Australian Aboriginals forgot how to make fire. They could only maintain naturally occurring fires. Some of them forgot how to wear clothes.To others, agriculture was setting fire to whole forests. So more desirable plants would grow back.
>>
>>3125795
I'd reckon it would be your mum, she's definitely ancient enough
>>
>>3125795
>implying fire was invented rather than discovered by accident after lightning hit a tree
>>
>pushing on plastic buttons randomly to communicate with one another over thousands of miles away
Autism?
>>
>>3125798
>see fire occur naturally
>shits hot yo
>other animals seem to be afraid of it
>try to replicate it
>realise that alot of heat is needed to start it up
>rubbing stuff produces heat
>start rubbing shit together near plants
>eventually through trial and error figure it out

and then some opportunistic asshole says it was actuely a god or spirit that did at makes a new religion
>>
>>3125796
>having language
>having English language
>>
>>3125795
t:adam
>>
>>3125795
Homo Igneus
>>
Dayvon, the first ebonoid from the Ebonoid galactic empire who stepped upon earth utilizing a melanin powered stargate prior to the creation of white cave people.
>>
>>3125806
Cool, give me a single source
>>
What about the guy who first made a wheel? He enabled civilization (most of them anyway).
>>
>>3125795
>name of the hominid that invented fire
>invented fire
what the fuck is this meme, nothing invented fire in the same way nothing invented water, it's a naturally occurring phenomena
>>
>>3127876
How can you possibly not understand what they're talking about? They're talking about the first guy who figured out how to MAKE FIRE, not just take it from somewhere and keep it going but actually create it, by rubbing sticks together or whathaveyou.

Yes I know that's not precisely what they said but people do that, we all speak imprecisely sometimes when it's clear from the context what we mean, and acting like you don't understand isn't clever, it's stupid.
>>
File: visable confusion.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
visable confusion.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>3127898
>"We should all pretend that words do not have definitions and simply use whatever words we believe should go in a part of a sentence."
>>
>>3127898
Discovering and creating are quite different
>>
>>3127939
Obviously. I'm not sure what your point is.

>>3127907
"Contextual" isn't the same thing as "arbitrary." Language is contextual. If you don't like it, go learn lojban, and have fun speaking it with the three or so people who'll speak lojban with you.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.