[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solving the Religious Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

How do you/ did you figure out that not only there was (or was not) a God or Gods and that one particular religion and one particular form of it was the true one? What makes your reasoning/path valid?

I originally tried to resolve this by believing that unless I could prove something wrong it was correct. naturally this had disastrous results.

Then I went down a pseudo logical positivist type path (thinking "logic" would solve everything) and quickly ran into the problems regarding logics ability to explain reality by itself.

Whilst that has made me more open minded its put me in a difficult position of trusting my own ability to determine the truth. This is further complicated by the huge amount of arguments philosophical and theological with great complexity regarding not only the existence of God but should God exist which group.

I currently find myself being unable to reject the axioms of one group in favour of another in good faith whilst still holding that pure feeling/sentiment is not the answer as it would only lead to a temporary and fragile truth.

I would greatly appreciate your advice and personal experiences how you overcame these challenges and resolved this problem.
>>
File: 1500745008120.jpg (65KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500745008120.jpg
65KB, 720x960px
>>3125766
Just forget the idea of reasoning your way into religion. Practice what you want to practice and ask God to give you faith.
>>
>>3125766
I've personally seen God, which resolved all doubts. I'd post a picture, but this is a blue board.
>>
File: slide1-1024x658.jpg (184KB, 1024x658px) Image search: [Google]
slide1-1024x658.jpg
184KB, 1024x658px
>>3125766
The highest truth is knowing the Personality of the Godhead, or Krishna. Sometimes God is conceptualized as impersonal and to be void, but this is not the case. Just like you or I am a person, God is also a person. However, Krishna can only be understood by the practice of devotional service, or Bhakti-Yoga. it is the only way. Mental speculation will not allow you to reach the supreme. One can verify all of this by the repetition of the mahamantra:

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna
Krsna Krsna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare

Since God is absolute, he is not different from his name and thus his name gradually elevates you to understand him. After just a few rounds of repetition of the mantra you'll notice a shift to a higher consciousness, bringing you gradually towards the divine consciousness of Krsna Consciousness.
>>
>>3125872
Is the universe Divine?
>>
>>3125827
>Just forget the idea of reasoning your way into religion.

Everyone reasons their way into religion, its literally a product of our perceptions. Even the most esoteric mystic relies on reason to ascribe their experiances to a particular divine and not demons or simple bodily chemistry.

>Practice what you want to practice and ask God to give you faith.

Ignoring the fact that it doesn't really deal with the atheism question all that effectively that method just seems like a surefire way make ones hedonism and confirmation bias divine
>>
>>3125872
>One can verify all of this by the repetition of the mahamantra:

The thing is ive seen Orthodox Christians do the same thing the Sinners Prayer, Buddhists with Om mani padme hum and even Scientologists with their Training Rundowns - all of which puts them into a state where they feel a connection to a transcendent force.

On what grounds do I say their experiences were all false/inferior?
>>
>>3125877
Ultimately Krsna is the universe, but you may refer to only the material universe that we can only perceive with our senses. The material universe is prakṛti, or the inanimate inferior nature of God. Just as the sun produces light by its immense energy but remains separate from that light, this universe is the energy of God although he remains aloof from them, thus you cannot perceive God by the senses. If you refer to the universe from a spiritual stance, then that is the impersonal Brahman. Brahman is the lower impersonal manifestation of God. In both cases, the material and the spiritual energy all emanate from Krsna and can be considered divine in that sense.
>>
File: g03-sri-lord-krishna.jpg (133KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
g03-sri-lord-krishna.jpg
133KB, 1200x800px
>>3125927
God is absolute and cannot be divided like some attempt to do in modern times. Therefore one may call upon God as "Allah" or "Kṛṣṇa" or something else but as one keeps God in mind at all times and learns to love God, he is successful. Actually, God has infinite names. Therefore similar process found in other religions such as Dhikr in Islam, Naam Japo in Sikhism, or chanting on the Rosemary in Christianity, all of these are bonafide processes for realizing God.

The word Harā is the form of addressing the energy of the Lord, and the words Kṛṣṇa and Rāma are forms of addressing in the Lord Himself. Both Kṛṣṇa and Rāma mean "the supreme pleasure,' and Harā is the supreme pleasure energy of the Lord, changed to Hare in the vocative. The supreme pleasure energy of the Lord helps us to reach the Lord.
>>
>Solving the Religious Question
Religion is a product of human imagination.
>>
>>3125872
Krishna is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>3126065
Technically speaking he's the cutest and most beautiful thing in existence.
>>
>>3126027
It could be argued that any concept shared by humans is a product of imagination like science.
>>
>>3126482
wtf I hate medicine now
>>
>>3126017
See this is where I run into problems here how did you get from chanting a phrase will make you feel a transcendent sensation to all these huge claims about the nature of the universe and the traits of God?
>>
>>3125766
If another planet had a civilization as advanced as ours, all the sciences and mathematics would be the same,

But the histories, cultures, and religions would be completely unique.

Religion are man-made.
>>
File: 62703297_p1.jpg (215KB, 713x934px) Image search: [Google]
62703297_p1.jpg
215KB, 713x934px
>>3125766
The truth is a privilege for those who don't give up on thinking AND feeling. After all, you have to work to scrap away the dirt to clean something. This is the same for this entire world; for every single thing in this collection of infinite truths.

As for me, I've been questioning everything around me since I was young. If I was ever complacent, something in my current world would stimulate my brain even more. Whether it was pain or happiness, sensation would propel me to keep thinking about myself and the world that I saw.

Why was I in pain? Why was I sad? Why were people in pain? Why were they sad? Why were people happy? Why did they laugh? Were they really happy?
Why do people hurt others? Why do people get hurt even though no one wants to be hurt? Why are people unhappy when we all just want to smile and laugh without worries? Why do people reject Love when that's all we ever wanted?

I kept questioning the world around me, trying to find an answer each time as I experienced every emotion the world had to offer. Every pain and every happiness was forced and given to my heart. I knew pain that would kill my body. I knew pain that would kill my mind. I knew pain that broke my heart. Several times, I felt these pains.

Still, I understood the entire world at the end of it. I experienced something like a "living death," yet I understood that another "me" had taken the previous me's place. I heard the voice of every person who had ever lived as I was imparted with the golden truth about You and Me.

From the Fool's Journey, I became The World, attaining Beatrice at the end of the road. Or something like that.

Anyway, I can probably write endlessly about everything I know, but I'm getting lazy so I guess I'm gonna make it shorter.

The truth lies in "Two."
The one that makes one. The three that makes "two."
And the connecting 2nd letter that keeps the II together.
Though, maybe it's easier to say the truth lies in "You And Me?"
>>
>>3127233
The God of Abraham, Jehovah, is definitely something to believe in. However, it's not so straightforward. After all, there are many humans who don't believe in God nor love. They rely on complete objectivity without understanding what it means to believe in something. To have faith. It's not illogical to doubt God, religion, or anything in general. It's a process. However...

The truth is something to uncover. It does not belong to any human group. It is not held by any organization. It is an answer that can only be understood by finding it out yourself. So, basically, even though it's good to rely on others, you just gotta try stuff out yourself! Just be careful though. Knowledge is good for keeping yourself alive to experience stuff.

Also, don't give up. Don't lose hope. Don't disregard others or yourself. Keep praying and keep believing in a future where you can smile without a single sin in sight. As long as you carry Love itself and envision a future where you and everyone you love is happy, you will understand the entire truth of this World. And, more importantly, you'll understand something that is more important than the world itself:

[spoiler]Yourself. [/spoiler]

No lie.
>>
>>3127279
oops, spoiler typo
>>
>>3127098
Numerous Vedic texts mention the potency and usefulness of the mahamantra, including the Kali-Saṇṭāraṇa Upaniṣad, Padma Purana, Srimad Bhagavatam, and more.

"The public chanting of Hare Krishna maha-mantra delivers a complete revelation of all of spiritual reality. (Brahmanda Purana 6.59-60)

As far as the nature of the universe and the traits of the Supreme Personality of the Godhead, all are also described in Vedic texts, especially the Srimad Bhagavatam and the Bhagavad Gita. Since one cannot understand God through means of his material senses or mental speculation, transcendental knowledge has to be passed down to him by an authority, such as Vedic texts or by a spiritual master in a disciplic succession.
>>
>>3125766
I had an experience with God (gnosis-samadhi) so naturally I believe in god, but I reject every religion as none could kinda fit the bill of my experiences.
>>
>>3127324
>authority, such as Vedic texts or by a spiritual master in a disciplic succession.

How do you determine what is a valid text or master though?

How would I determine that your holy text is more true than the Christians who post masses of text?
>>
>>3127233
>>3127279

Dont you find the lack of certainty draining?

What other Gods do you believe its worth believing in
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.