[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Nazi Germany invade Sweden?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: untitled.png (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
10KB, 225x225px
Why didn't Nazi Germany invade Sweden?
>>
>>3124841
They didn't want to bother sending their armies for a walk, Sweden wouldn't have put up any resistance
>>
Didn't Sweden let German troops march through their land?
>>
File: the swede dlc.jpg (13KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
the swede dlc.jpg
13KB, 184x274px
>>3124841

The Swedes were giving iron to the Germans throughout and did whatever they asked them to do so it wasn't worth the military operation.

The also sent volunteers to Finland to fight the Soviets. Kind of an honorary Axis member like Spain.

I
>>
>>3124841

Because they looked at the field of battle and were scared by the sight of swedish men and women lying prostrate on the ground and spreading their assholes for the invading army.

Obviously Hitler thought it was a trick and got spooked.

Thankfully vibrant people from below the Mediterranean aren't as superstitious.
>>
>>3124841
1) Sweden "played nice" and sold the Germans important resources, such as iron.
2) Germans overestimated Swedish military strength.

>>3124880
Yes, and Norwegians understandably were pissed about that into the 60s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_during_World_War_II
>>
>>3124841
Denmark should mobilize and invade Sweden already
>>
>>3124905
How large was the Swedish military during WWII?
>>
>>3124905
My grandmother hated Swedes her entire life.
>>
No strategical advantage, we supplied them with iron ore.
>>
>>3124841
Literally what would have been the point?
>>
>>3124941
she must have been swedish
>>
>>3124928
There were 100,000 men who were being de-mobilized when news of the German invasions of Norway/Denmark happened, thus demobilization stopped. An additional 320,000 reservists were mobiliz-able.

>>3124928
Understandable.
>>
>>3124841
They feared the Nordic warrior.
>>
>>3124910
They would lose
>>
>>3124841

They did intend to, but it was a very low priority since they had all the iron they needed from Norway and Sweden offered nothing they needed and is a vast country that would have tied down a large number of troops for no obvious benefit. As with Switzerland, Sweden was doomed in the event of an Axis victory.
>>
>>3124841
Because Sweden's filthy and no one wants them.
>>
>>3124841
they were practically a german vassal, considering they gave iron to the germans and helped them in the invasion of norway
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.