[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Champion warfare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: duelbig.jpg (19KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
duelbig.jpg
19KB, 350x350px
Got any historical examples of 1 vs 1's akin to the illiad where by two great warriors battle in place of armies? Green text tales much appreciated.
>>
>>3123649
> Battle of Stamford Bridge
>Vikings try to invade Albion
>Perfidious as they are, attack the Viking when they are relaxed instead of pitch battle, like men.
>managed to rout them through a bridge
>Big Viking Guy says "Not on my watch"
>proceeds to stop the entire english army by himself. Cuts like 100 english niggers.
>gets spear'd through the dick and dies
>goes straight to Valhalla
>>
>>3123649
That slav who honorabry killed a samurai in a sword duel in front of the nip's army
>>
>>3123649
I think El Cid had some duels, he even had two named swords like a real LARP'ing autist. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>3123809
*gets shot with an arrow
>>
>>3123748
>>goes straight to Valhalla
>Vikings in 1066
>Being pagan
>>
>>3123789
source?
>>
>>3123926
https://www.slavorum.org/montenegrin-lieutenant-against-the-samurai/
It wasn't a samurai by the way. They were abolished after the Meiji restoration.
>>
>>3123649
Pretty sure that happened all the time in the late Roman times. Heraclius at Nineveh for example or that gothic champion in the meme image of the ostrogothic wars.

Armies still clashed afterwards though.

PS: good thing I checked, the Heraclius duel at Nineveh was most surely a fabrication of historians that wanted funnily enough to add a 1 vs 1 akin to the illiad to make his story more epic.
>>
File: cGUMGhP_d.jpg (115KB, 640x869px) Image search: [Google]
cGUMGhP_d.jpg
115KB, 640x869px
Champions were a staple of Irish warfare until the 12th century
>>
Taillefer at the battle of Hastings (1066 I believe)
>>
>>3123649
This wasn't during a battle, but in 1386 two men fought each other to the death after one of them raped the other's wife. It's pretty amazing stuff to read about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_de_Carrouges
>>
>>3124040
>Irish "warfare"
>>
>>3126515
>The king of France's son dies as a newborn while the duel is about to him
>Rather than mourn, he throws parties in honor of the duel about to take place
Pretty fucking badass desu
Man fights for honor and kills and defeats a larger, stronger opponent
>>
>>3126515
this reads like an anime
>>
File: bruce.jpg (60KB, 419x599px) Image search: [Google]
bruce.jpg
60KB, 419x599px
How come none of you have posted this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_de_Bohun
>>
>>3123649
At the climatic battle of the byzantine-sasanian war of 602-628, heraclius killed the Persian general in a single strike in 1-on-1 combat.
>>
China has a shitload of these in its history.
Obviously it was for morale though, not a single combat deciding the whole thing.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.