[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Automation and Post Scarcity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Automation-Market.jpg (392KB, 1600x1053px) Image search: [Google]
Automation-Market.jpg
392KB, 1600x1053px
Guys I'm not ready for automation nor the post scarcity society. I can't fathom not having to work. I feel disgusting and uncomfortable when I don't have work to do for prolonged periods and not having a job right now is killing me even though I don't need the money right now. I don't know if I am alone in this and I worry for how society will manage itself once we reach that point. Every time I see a post scarcity society in sci-fi, it seems oddly soulless to me. Does all this mean that we are going to essentially be coasting for the rest of eternity, diving deeper and deeper into ennui?
>>
>>3123567
Soon our machine overlords will give us the communist paradise.
>>
File: 1460600720359.png (1MB, 958x794px) Image search: [Google]
1460600720359.png
1MB, 958x794px
>>3123567
>being such a wagecuck that you get depressed if you spend too long without getting orders from Boss Shekelstein
anon-kun...
>>
>>3123567
god I wish I had your fucking problems, the last time I've had close to a year all for myself, I've had the most fulfilling time of my life
>>
>>3123773
Anyone who gets sad about not having work in a post-scarcity society should be euthanized for their benefit and everyone else's desu.
>>
>>3123759
>>3123773
>>3123786

I'm not even a wage cuck. I just have the need to feel useful. I feel the same way when I am at a friends house for dinner and can't help with dishes.
>>
>>3123822
>I feel the same way when I am at a friends house for dinner and can't help with dishes.
I've never understood a person less than I understand you. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>3123822
you could try to create something
>>
>>3123567
amen, we need new kinds of politicians to fix this
>>
>>3123759

the ideal man is a white christian masculine father of 4-7 kids who works every day to provide for his family
>>
>>3123567
>can't fathom not having to work. I feel disgusting and uncomfortable when I don't have work to do for prolonged periods
>posts on 4chan
>>
File: 1469643246669.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469643246669.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>3123567
Lmao fag
>>
Most people here are NEETs here anyway
>>
>>3123567
>Guys I'm not ready for automation nor the post scarcity society.
Good news, because we won't have a post-scarcity society ever at this rate. Modern society is so opposed to hand outs that it seems unlikely that we will suddenly shift to either providing everything for free or giving people money for existing.
>>
>>3123567
Hey idiot, there's always going to be a way to make more money. Welcome to the idea economy, friendo. Like the Pet Rock. The guy made a million dollars.
>>
>>3123567
>I can't fathom being anything other than a brainwashed drone
How miserable.
>>
>>3123921
This.
People will fight UBI and other programs tooth and nail and blame increasing permanent unemployment on the unemployed.
>>
File: Page 1.png (942KB, 700x1017px) Image search: [Google]
Page 1.png
942KB, 700x1017px
>>3123567

Well... Its going to happen.
>>
>>3124754
People die. Times change.
>>
>>3124796
So many things with that pic are right and wrong simultaneously.
>>
>>3124933
>The wealthy elites are going to just give up their wealth, power, and influence so we can live in a post-scarcity world
>>
>>3125354
No, you twit.
>>
>>3123567
Maybe it's because our work defines us. As humans we like to create things and see ourselves in our creations. Everyone needs something to do.

Plus we'll never be post-scarcity, the profit motive demands scarcity and it is too deeply rooted an economic drive to be deselected without force.
>>
File: the animatrix_02.jpg (28KB, 720x293px) Image search: [Google]
the animatrix_02.jpg
28KB, 720x293px
>>3124796
>The Second Renaissance plot.
>>
>>3123858
HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHA.
>>
>>3124796
whats this from
>>
>>3123567
You can do a charity work. Like be a volunteer worker in hospital or library, or warn people that faggotory and feminazism is wrong for free.
>>
>>3123567
Take up a hobby.
Any hobby. I'd recommend painting/drawing, fairly easy on the budget, takes a long time and a lot of effort to get gud.
>>
Hey guys, remember when resources weren't infinite, and that nobody could own them?

Boy I'm sure glad I live in the free stuff timeline.
>>
>>3127090
t. ""minority""
>>
Wtf? You could work as hard as you want at anything you want if that makes you feel good. Or do you think work is only something you do so you get paid
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.