[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ukraine late bronze age port town

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: _ukraintown.png (691KB, 944x642px) Image search: [Google]
_ukraintown.png
691KB, 944x642px
Is this the Cimmerian city Homer talked about?
>>
>>3122895
I hope so. Can you give some source material? We don't all have time to read whatever sources you do.
>>
>>3122895
"ukraine"
>>
>>3122909
If you don't have time to read it why do you want it?

https://repozytorium.amu.edu.pl/bitstream/10593/13272/1/BPS-14-18_K_V_Gorbenko%20Y_S_Grebennikov%20THE%20%E2%80%98DYKYI%20SAD%E2%80%99%20FORTIFIED%20SETTLEMENT%20AS%20A%20UNITING%20LINK%20IN%20THE%20CONTEXT%20OF%20ECONOMIC%2c%20POLITICAL%20AND%20CULTURAL%20RELATION%20OF%201200-1000%20BC%20PP_375-390.pdf
>>
>>3122895
Give the the sources for that, I'm interested
>>
>>3123084
I did

>>3122917
>>
>>3122895
>ancient ukraine
fuck outta here
>>
>>3123114

Strange how the word Russia doesn't trigger people the same way.
>>
>>3123120
just say black sea port town for fuck's sake, there was no fucking Ukraine until 1920's and even the idea itself didn't exist before second half of second millennium
>>
>>3123126
Hey retard, you knwo the black sea is surrounded by Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania and other countries in addition to Turkey?

Just fuck off you biased retard, no one cares about your tribal bullshit. I said Ukraine because that's the region where it lies now.
>>
>>3122895
There were lots of wealthy Greek poleis on the northern Black Sea coast like Olbia that were wiped out by barbarians in the 3rd-5th centuries AD. Maybe it's one of those?
>>
>>3123137
No it's not, Olbia was founded around 7th century bc, this one dates back to the 13-12th century bc
>>
>>3123126

Why does it matter how long there has been an Ukraine?

I could understand it as autism if there was a similar reaction to every use of the word Russia when preferring to pre-900 AD things related to the landmass now known as Russia but there isn't.
It's only for Ukraine and derails threads which could be interesting.
Modern political bullshit belongs in /pol/.
>>
>>3123101
I thought you had more, it'll be a interesting read.
>>
>>3123114
"I can't use a today's political unit in terms of geographical location because that would be too simple a reasonable for communication purposes."
>>
>>3123126
so instead of pinpointing an exact section of coast, you want us to guess the location of a point in a much larger section of coast that covers 5 different countries?
off yourself cyka
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.