[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Throughout history, how many leaders in first world countries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1494706227048.png (5KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494706227048.png
5KB, 252x200px
Throughout history, how many leaders in first world countries arose from absolute poverty?

Hitler
???? who else
>>
File: image.png (263KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
263KB, 750x1334px
>>
>>3120688
I believe that Julius Caesar and his clan the Julii were in a state of poverty during his rise to power. I believe that all of their wealth seized by Sulla or something like that. Also Vespasian was had humble beginnings as a mule breeder in a rural Italy until he entered the system and eventually became emperor.
>>
>>3120703
>during his rise to power
i wasn't clear enough in the OP but I meant were born into poverty and essentially had no contacts with the powerful
>>3120701
coolio, thanks.
>>
Emperor Justin, uncle and predecesor of Justinian, was iliterate and born in a family of peasants in a peripherical balkanic province. This makes Justinian of humble origins as well. It seems that patricians like Procopius disliked him partially because of this.
>>
>>3120708
Hitler wasn't born into poverty though
His family was modest/lower middle-class; his dad was a civil servant/customs official

It was when he became an adult that Hitler fell into poverty, largely by his own volition (i.e. not doing shit with his life/education other than painting, and failing to get into art school)

this is also a great opportunity to mention that Adolf's dad was born with the surname 'Schicklgruber'
the name synonymous with evil in the west could have been Schicklgruber.
>>
>>3120811
It would probably not have became synonym with evil since it's too weird for people to remember or pronounce. We would remember him as Adolf.
>>
>>3120688

There was at least 1 Roman general who was initially brought into the city as a slave and he worked his way up from there.
>>
>>3120820
>ruins the name Adolf/Adolphus
>ruins the Roman salute
>ruins the swastika
>ruins German patriotism
>ruins nationalism in the west
>ruins Europe
>>
>>3120688
Maximinus Thrax was a barbarian recruited into the legions who rose to Emperor. SOurces report he was a bandit before that, though this may be in error.

>>3120703The Julii Caesares were financially in trouble by Roman senatorial standards, by the birth of THE Julius Caesar. But his father had been in the Senate and had been a Predator, iirc, and his uncle had a senatorial career. Being in the Senate had a financial requirement, there were no poor people in the Senate.

And of course, the family were patricians, so he had that angle to work with.

Probably less significant than anything Sulla had done would have been the massive debts he racked up as Aedile and in his campaign for Pontifex Maximus. But being hugely in debt is not quite the same as being poor.
>>
>>3120688
>Joseph Stalin
>Janos Kadar
>Suharto
>>
>>3120688
Not sure how deep into poverty qualifies, but several US Presidents started out in at least humble surroundings. "Born in a log cabin" got to be a meme in US politics for a reason.
>>
me
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.