[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literally nothing wrong.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: Caligula.jpg (53KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Caligula.jpg
53KB, 800x450px
Literally nothing wrong.
>>
That's Augustus.
Who'd make a fucking statue of Caligula in the modern era?
>>
>>3120667
>Made in the modern era
But yeah, that is Augustus, and yeah, he did a couple of things wrong.
>>
>>3120733
That's a bronze cast of an ancient statue. What I meant is that nobody would want to put up a replica of an ancient statue of Caligula, one that he had made for himself.
>>
File: G E R M A N I C U S.jpg (240KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
G E R M A N I C U S.jpg
240KB, 1200x1800px
>>3120637

heres a man who did nothin wrong kiddo
>>
File: 1486665750878.jpg (305KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
1486665750878.jpg
305KB, 1024x680px
>>3121380
he didn't finish the fucking job
>>
File: honorius.jpg (274KB, 904x1820px) Image search: [Google]
honorius.jpg
274KB, 904x1820px
What about an Emperor who did literally everything wrong that they possibly could have?
>>
>>3120637
Eh, I don't know. I've been reading Augustus by Antony Everitt after a brief overview of the guy from A History of Rome and HBO Rome and...
Well, I thought this guy was the tits mcgrits at first, but the thing is
>got lucky with inheritance
>got lucky with shithead fuck-up gone native Marc Antony and dipshit Lepidus as colleagues in the second triumvirate
>got lucky making friends with a great general and competent administrator (Agrippa and Macaenus)
>had a wife who was too independent for the times, but smart enough not to get herself caught up
>put his eggs into the 'not-Tiberius' basket, which always failed because they always died; ultimately this leads to crazy Uncle Tiberius, who kills Germanicus Did Nothing Wrong, which leads to Little Boots the Crazy Uncle Tiberius dick nibbler on the throne
>was always sick
>all his successes are easily attributable to the competent people around him or lucky circumstances
Yeah, he did nothing wrong, but he's kind of overrated as far as princeps go. Also, totally killed the Republic and took away power from the people for good. Not sure how I feel about the former, but as someone who prefers the populares to the optimates the latter is a dick move.
>>
>>3125641
>Also, totally killed the Republic and took away power from the people for good
people had no power by the time Augustus moped up the senate
social stratification was so fucked, even if he crucified entire senate, then fully restored the republic and walked away, all it would take would be a few years and the old families would re-fill the senate with their puppets and everything would be back to pre-Caesar clusterfuck
>>
>>3125641
Not to mention the morality laws.
>>
File: 1488953110176.png (314KB, 711x664px) Image search: [Google]
1488953110176.png
314KB, 711x664px
>>3125641
>all his successes are easily attributable to the competent people around him or lucky circumstances
>>
>>3125641
The Republic was dead long before Octavian become Augustus.
>>
>>3120637
But did he do anything right?
>>
File: augustus.jpg (18KB, 295x338px) Image search: [Google]
augustus.jpg
18KB, 295x338px
probably the only good emperor imo, the romans should have just gone back to a republican system after he died
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.