[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out /his/ I live in the holy land and want to reenact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1500542894922.jpg (104KB, 589x877px) Image search: [Google]
1500542894922.jpg
104KB, 589x877px
Help me out /his/

I live in the holy land and want to reenact a crusader while doing a Monty Python thing in the near future.

What gear must I obtain to appear like an authentic Crusader knight of the Kingdom of Jerusalem (preferably 13th century) and what is the best place to obtain such gear ?
>>
So

A mail shirt
Chausses
Mittens
Coif
Helmet
Belts
Surcoat
Cloak
Sword
Shield

That's probably going to be a pretty hefty investment, maybe somewhere in the region of 700 dollarydoos. The Knight Shop and Get Dressed For Battle are pretty great suppliers. They're based in the UK but I think they ship overseas.
>>
>>3119839

As your image makes clear, you don't actually need to wear armor since the surcoat will cover it anyway. You can buy reproduction clothing of this sort online, or you can buy a big sheet and do the stitching yourself. You don't need to be 100% accurate since no-one will notice anyway, and in fact most people have ahistorical impressions of the period anyway.
>>
>>3119839
You pic about coves it. Don't skimp on the trousers and boots. But go with modern comfort for undergarments. Trust me.
You'll also want a horse, if that's possible.
Another one people normally forget would be pouches and water containers, as well as appropriate belts/ties. Similarly clasps for your gear.

>>3120356
>maybe somewhere in the region of 700 dollarydoos.
Bang on, if you plan to make most of it yourself. Which is advisable because you can make it fit you best. Sewing shit and making things like maille, the shield, and helm is quite easy. Sword is probably the most difficult if you don't have a workshop.
>>
>>3120356
He also needs:
a felt skullcap to seat the helmet
good quality boots without rubber soles (good luck trying to walk in the mud in them)
a linen or wool tunic and hose,
a war lance
a dagger
>>
>>3121616
>without rubber soles
Not too many people look at the bottom of your feet, though. It's usually wise to sneak things like that in to make it all more bearable.
>a felt skullcap
Good catch. Wise to have an arming cap, but also put like [bike] helmet foam padding inside the helm itself.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.