[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /his/. How do you justify morality without God?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 20

File: 1500605453336.png (141KB, 433x231px) Image search: [Google]
1500605453336.png
141KB, 433x231px
Hey /his/. How do you justify morality without God?
>>
By basing it on observed consequences of actions and whether those consequences are desirable or not.
>>
>"Do I want someone to do this to me some day? No? Then I won't do it."
And vice versa.
>>
>>3119774
You don't.

However, moral and ethics are different things that gt confused way too often

Non-Ethical behavior can be easily noticed, with or without god , Could not care less about the morals.
>>
>>3120020
>>3120029
If i don't agree with your assessment, i don't have to follow you. Your basing human reasoning on morailty? I can reason to kill you and a whole demographic. I can reason to prefer to have sexual relations with an animal. You cant observe the same consequences i conditioned myself to believe is true. Morality doesn't come from any of us, dummy.
>>
>>3120070
That's no less fallible than "morality originating from God" since humans lack the knowledge to distinguish real gods from false ones, or to even determine if a "real god" has our best interest in mind.
>>
File: 1455678497726.gif (263KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
1455678497726.gif
263KB, 480x479px
>>3119774
Well basically there's an implied social contract you must follow in any society and there's law enforcement who will (to their best efforts) preserve said contract.
>whatdoesthishavetodowithmorality.jpeg

I like to think that the social contract with the addition of Culture, any country/tribe/etc. will automatically define what should be considered moral or not through the laws they establish. Then you have the grey area where you can do lots of things that are legal but since there are so few cases, it's dismissed as being unlawful, but it's still viewed with disgust by society! (can't think of anything sorry).
>>
>>3119774
What does this image even mean?
>>
>>3119774
A society (of any size, from 2 guys to 2 billion) with a code of ethics that prevents infighting and crime does better as a whole than a society that does not, all other things being equal. That's really all there is to it.
>>
File: Santa.jpg (39KB, 280x450px) Image search: [Google]
Santa.jpg
39KB, 280x450px
>>3119774
It's largely determined by the social relations engendered by the mode of production of society.
>>
File: DEUS VULT.png (473KB, 667x603px) Image search: [Google]
DEUS VULT.png
473KB, 667x603px
>>3120083
they do have a way of reasoning which God is true, its called scrutiny. No one can debunk Catholicism, everything else does not hold up or borrows something from Catholicism
>>
>>3120070
If you honestly think you NEED to believe in something to refrain yourself from murder, rape or theft then something is wrong with you and you either need help or you need to be put down.
>>
>>3120114
Its everday bro, youtube jake paul, hes the real life bart simpson
>>3120126
why would anyone follow your ethics anon, i have my own
>>3120140
a convulated way of saying human reasoning is full of shit
>>
>>3120231
Not help you dummy, I'm RECOGNIZING that there is an inherent law in nature and spirit of man. Something that holds us to a sustainable standard
>>3120222
TRIPS CONFIRMS
>>
File: confucius1.jpg (66KB, 485x887px) Image search: [Google]
confucius1.jpg
66KB, 485x887px
>>3119774
'sup
>>
>>3120238

>law of nature
>spirit

Gee sure is spooked in here
>>
>>3119774
Also 'sup
>>
>>3120070

If i don't agree that god is real, i don't go to hell
>>
>>3120238
You could say the same about most other animals since they know when is something acceptable and when is it not.

My claim is that if their is a person whom stakes his sanity and "humanity" over a higher entity whom is watching him then it would only be a matter of time before he cracks.
>>
>>3120257
if you legitimately are not convinved you won't go to hell, you would have to warrant hell, which is ACTAULLY a self imposed exile from God, thats what hell is, God is love, Hell is a place or condition when someone fully rejects God,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc
>>
Daily reminder that the foundations of Morality all came from religion ( the thing you keep on bashing)

You can at least seperate the good from the bad?
>>
>>3120262
I dont think you understand bud. There is a natural law which you have evidently observed in animals. Now humans are on another plane of consciousness, a higher state, spirutal state, they are subject to the laws of spiritual purity, and the best part is that since the creator created nature as well, the spiritual laws are the base of physical reality, so spiritual laws actually make literal sense in our world
>>
>>3120287
these mongoofs don't understand that NO CHRISTIANITY = NO WESTERN CIVILIZATION
>>
>>3120222
Nice trips dude, God Bless
>>
>>3120295
>the creator created
Proofs???
>>
>>3120285

But god isn't real so all that is not true
>>
>>3119774
>HURR I get my morality from God!
>DURR no silly I don't speak to god, I mean I get it from the Bible!
>HERP no of course I don't stone adulterers, kill my children for talking back to me, or kill people for picking up sticks on the sabbath!
>DERP lol why are you atheists so immoral?
>>
File: Comehereyoulittleshit.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Comehereyoulittleshit.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>3120321
>>
>>3119774
"If everyone in society were allowed to do this, could society continue to function?"

Killing? No.
Prostitution. Sure, why not?
Drugs? Maybe, but I doubt much would get done with everyone high as fuck.
Stealing? God, no.
Urinating in public? Yes, but it would be a disgraceful, smelly society.

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
>>
>>3120314
First Cause, historical Jesus, rise of Christianity, western civilization, approved miracles that defy science, human institution lasting this long and being this powerful
>>3120319
>>3120321
what are you trying to say autist?
>>
>>3120347

Public urination is a health issue. So is unregulated prostitution and drug use.
>>
>>3120354

What part of my very clear post are you having trouble understanding? I never claimed to follow your disgusting god, but you do and yet you ignore his commandments! Do you think he will be happy with you?
>>
File: greatpyramidcoord.png (460KB, 513x684px) Image search: [Google]
greatpyramidcoord.png
460KB, 513x684px
>>3119774
>>3120020
>>3120083

>Hey /his/. How do you justify morality without God?

God is real, but you don't need to know that to know right and wrong more or less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkf1sHFvYO8
>>
>>3120347
Sexual liberalization is a disaster that spawned rape, infertility, divorce, sex addiction, magnified narcissism and jealousy in society, lack of trust in relationships, and rampant objectification and deterioration of the family, secular society was doomed essentially by this all the other topics are too asinine to consider
>>
>>3120359
how is he disgusting
>>
>>3120373

He commands his followers to commit atrocious acts, and is by his own admission vain, boastful, prideful and intolerant.
>>
>>3120347
>>3120359
>>3120366
>>3120375
The Bible is thousand of years old. it is a slow revealing process over time to understand the nature of God. You can't explain to people thousands of years ago evolution, physics, biology, chemistry etc. You can't prove God the father through scientific method. He is the first cause. Reality is contingent on his existence and his command. He IS existence. You cant observe and prove EXISTENCE. God howeevr took human form and died a crucifixioon death under the command of the romans and mysteriously dissapered from his tomb, then thousands of followers and martyrs erupted in numbers and quickly spread all over the empire and world in time. Peasant people or anyone for that matter don't risk thier lives for a hoax. You don't spend your whole life and die brutal deaths unless you have a hundred percent certainty that you have witnessed God. This also the power of the holy spirit, that elimnated thier fear and filled them with power and courage. You should watch more of Bishop Barrons videos he has a bunch of videos on numerous topics
>>
>>3120375
Old Testament is parrell to the level of barbarianism at the time and is written by men interpreting Justice which was clearly elaborated on when God showed his true nature in the new testament, which was MERCY, humans fail time and time again understanding Gods nature
>>
>>3120391

Jesus clearly stated that the old testament still applies to his followers. And since Jesus was God, this proves that God is a-okay with all the barbarism in the OT.
>>
>>3120378
>muh schizophrenic word salad

People died over this retarded shit.
>>
>>3120355
Yet all of those things went on in ancient Babylon and they did fine for hundreds of years. Being very bad for isn't the same as suicide. It's the different between smoking and setting your head on fire. Prostitutes are like smoking, bad for society but you can function a very long time with it around. Legalized murder is the society equivalent of jumping down a smokestack into the ass of a steel mill.
>>
>>3120424

I didn't say murder was okay, I simply said there is a perfectly good secular reason to want to ban public urination and to regulate drugs and prostitution. Regulate, not ban: The idea of banning these things is rooted in theistic moral infantilism.
>>
>>3120397
Yes the LAW applies, but he ameliorated it by revealing God's true nature which is love and mercy and displayed his full nature on the cross, he even forgave his torturers and killers, do you not understand the human psyche and its slow intelligence anon?
>>3120399
>salad
>schizophrenia
i dont think you are mentally equipped to be here bud
>>
>>3120424
>>3120436
that will not sustain a productive society, the moral fiber will break eventually TRSUT. in a matter of time gay marriage will look like orthodox culture when people start getting real creative with pushing the boundaries of society
>>
>>3120445
>Yes my law is a rambling mess of vile wickedness and pure evil
>But my nature is love!
>Don't believe me? THEN BURN IN HELL, FAGGOT!
>>
>>3120450

"People" like you need to be killed. Such a disgusting anti-human attitude can only come from religion.
>>
>>3120465
when did i say that?
>>3120470
what of anything i said is anti human
>>
>>3120508

You think people can't be trusted and need to be controlled, this is classic theistic thinking and is anti-human.
>>
>>3120354
>First Cause, historical Jesus, rise of Christianity, western civilization, approved miracles that defy science, human institution lasting this long and being this powerful
That's not proof?
>>
>>3120354
>human institution lasting this long and being this powerful
You're a moron if you think Christianity didn't change a fucking lot over the Millenia.
>>
>>3120510
>controlled
you're free to do what you want, what i said is if you are listening is that morality is not subjective and that it is in fact OBJECTIVE and it comes from God.
>>3120532
there is an element of faith which is obvious but its reasonable faith, this can all be verified
>>3120537
ITS STILL THERE, obvisuly it evolved you GOOF, it hasnt been abolished and is the king of rome. Christianity reigns supreme and the once great roman empire that hovered over it is never to be seen again
>>
>>3119774
How do you justify it with God? God is a psychopath from his test for Abraham to giving children cancer. The Old Testament also attempts to justify slavery and claims women to be inferior.
>>
>>3120601
>this can all be verified
Sauce?
>>
>>3120736
start with this anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc
i love you
>>
>>3120744
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcMjLgeWNwqL2LBGS-iPb1A

watch any of his videos, guaranteed hes covered any topic you've dribbled on, i love you
>>
>>3120774
fine but you start with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQcGXBo8HP8
>>
>>3119774

Chinese did it with Confucianism for several thousands years. They believed in spirits and gods, but they didn't really get their morality from them.
>>
>>3120222
>Believing in the great whore of babylon
>>
>>3120789
/thread
>>
>>3119774
Morality doesn't exist.
>>
>>3120789
he didn't debunk anything, its funny the bishop whose channel that i sent you enjoyed Christopher Hitchens, he even had videos about him, look em up
>>
File: 4chan_CrKV4CJW8AAGlLp.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_CrKV4CJW8AAGlLp.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
eggs because dinosaurs laid them long before there were chickens which of course all dinosaurs later turned into.
>>
>>3120803
>believing in sola scriptura aka anti intellectual biblical reading
>>
>>3120810
this is more honest than athiests who claim morality isnt absolute
>>
>>3120837
Well I said start with, you could read God Is Not Great if you want a fuller experience
>>
>>3120837
A bishop enjoying hitchens sounds like a pretty dense guy to me.
>>
>>3120857
he appreciate and respected his craft, hitchens was a brilliant and persuasive writer, however he misunderstood theology completely, its known nearing his death he eased up on his stance
>>
>>3120850
he talks about that book lol
>>
>>3120222
Catholicism is unfalsifiable.

>>3120347
>"If everyone in society were allowed to do this, could society continue to function?"
That's nonsensical, as it would imply that choosing not to engage in agricultural labor is immoral.

>>3120378
>He is the first cause. Reality is contingent on his existence and his command. He IS existence.
Which doesn't prove that the Biblical God exists, merely that there does exist a "first cause" such that the universe took the form it did. But that doesn't mean that this "God" is anything like what the Bible says.

>>3120601
>you're free to do what you want, what i said is if you are listening is that morality is not subjective and that it is in fact OBJECTIVE and it comes from God.
So could God make it so that it was moral to eat babies?
>>
>>3120918
NO. that's why he says its not moral, thats his nature, morality is a principle not a creation, theres no diversity in morality, like true and not true. The three Abrahamic religions believe in the same God. However, only one correctly identifies God as Jesus Christ and fully understands God's nature and instruction, and the Catholic Church is specifically the church Jesus founded.
>>
How do you justify morality with god? It's not a true altruism, just fear of punishment
>>
>>3120070
that's why different people have different moralities

And going by the logical "If it doesnt harm anyone, it isnt immoral" kind of morality, having sex with an animal is certainly less immoral than cheating on your wife/husband

Just like having sex with your biological mom if she's single is less immoral than having sex with your step-mom while she's married to your father
>>
>>3119774
How does Confucius justify morality without God? How do you justify laws without morality?
>>
>>3120810
>Morality doesn't exist.
This crap is as stupid as "muh 3.1416 genders" bullshit.

Morality basically is indication of "right and wrong" in human minds, saying morality doesn't exist is like saying you don't know what's right and wrong.
>>
>>3122665
>Just like having sex with your biological mom if she's single is less immoral than having sex with your step-mom while she's married to your father

Literally no one ever said that except some sick degenerated perverts.
>>
>>3122751
It's the truth though
Having protected sex with your mom if she's single is objectively less immoral than cucking your own father
>>
>>3119774
Christianity is merely a front for a demonic cult. Those who haven't figured it out can fall on its hands and worship literal demons instead of a religion of light proper.
The true religion opposes christianity and the real actual God is draconic.
Christianity sells itself as a religion of caring for the poor and doing good deeds, but behind this masquerade you actually would be worshiping demons.
Notice how most christians don't behave anything at all like jesus? They know pretty well what's up, they merely roleplay the godly person.
No person has original sin, as people have enough trouble with living in a world populated by the sons of darkness, the true religion is all about experiencing God personally.
Do not get baptized, do not accept their law, you should take good notice how none of them are keeping the commandments, the rats know how to avoid what brings disgrace, even if by your character you don't do these things do not accept it as law, it's not about good vs evil, but rather about who is your god and master, and if you accept the law as a divine thing, you fall in the hands of the lord of darkness.
Lastly the true religion is unknown to man, but you probably can figure out that if certain things are naturally evil to you it is for a reason, as nobody taught you those.
>>
File: 1500534056284.jpg (23KB, 507x240px) Image search: [Google]
1500534056284.jpg
23KB, 507x240px
>"God exists for so and so reasons"
>*lists logical proofs of Gods necessity*
>*proceeds to mutilate baby penises and devour pieces of God's flesh every Sunday*
>>
I feel satisfaction helping people and doing "good" things. That's all.
Pretty egoist desu.
>>
>>3119774
It might have a religious foundation in today's society but at its core, it's simply rules of conduct created by men to make sure society works as it should. It's simply a set of unwritten rules agreed upon by society. A higher power may have been used in the past to scare people into playing by the rules but that's it. Whether or not a higher power exists, it has no effect on how people conduct relations in society.
>>
>>3120510
Actually,that is facist thinking
>>
File: who created god.png (395KB, 709x311px) Image search: [Google]
who created god.png
395KB, 709x311px
But who created God? How can God justify his morality without Super-God?
>>
>>3120601
>you're free to do what you want
>HURR you can "freely" choose to follow your own nature, but you'll burn in hell forever for it!

Thanks God. You created me in such a way that I'm unable to believe in you, and then you're going to burn me for my "choice" to be created this way.
>>
>>3122941

There's a reason fascism took off in highly religious societies like Italy and Germany and not in secular ones like France and Britain. Fascism hijacks the same mental patterns of servility that theism cultivates.
>>
>>3123355
>>3122824
>>3122777
>>3122654
OK fellas let me explain. Forget punishment, you guys seem to have a fetish for that. God is Love, sin is anti love. God's nature is anti sin so he will not tolerate it. If you choose to go against God, it's a consequence when he respects you and leaves but technically a punishment in itself. Same way you steal and the "punishment" is shame. You did it. You take responsibility. No one goes to hell unless they want to, no matter what any prottie tells you. God is showing us the way, the truth, and the life. Join now or forever hold your peace. Aha jk but legit join
>>
>>3122665
OK now don't be surprised when everything you love about society is deteriorated and you have a chaotic self serving society
>>
>>3124144
> God is love
> Decides to let you burn in hell anyway
It isn't like that works, buddy. No loving parent ever would allow a child to suffer from their stupid decision because of >muh free will. God could as well be the parent to us being supposedly much smarter and everything.
>>
>>3124163
Did you READ, no one experiences hell (which is the absence of God) unless they absolutely WANT it. Listen to your conscience once in a while, your mind is a messy place from time to time. Try a prayer.
>>
>>3124144
But punishment is the only condition. Even in the Bible, God punishes people for going against him and the Bible was written by people.

I am not going to join any religious movement because I am an agnostic, I cannot be convinced without actual proof of the existence of an actual higher power. That said, I do not oppose the existence of an actual higher power but religious people alone telling me to convert are not going to convince me. What do you not understand?
>>
>>3124484
read this>>3120378
>>
File: sigh.png (353KB, 648x452px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
353KB, 648x452px
>>3122777
do us a favour eh
>>
>>3124575
I have yet to see any proof that anything in the Bible is true. Why should I believe that one religion among countless is true?
>>
>>3124634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8zhnooySk4

hmmm i dont know, maaaaaybe ask God to help you out in your research? if it doesnt pan out, move on
>>
>>3124312
I don't want to go to hell, but I also cannot believe in God. My brain just doesn't work the way yours does. So, it seems I'm destined for hell no matter what I do.
>>
>>3119774
social contract
>>
>>3124662
watch this link>>3124659 comfy too bro God Bles
>>
>>3124312
Nobody wants to experiences the suffering that is hell. The fact that God allows people to do that by tricking them by hiding evidence, not allowing the change to change mind and other dirty tricks that shouldn't be necessary proves that he doesn't act out of love at all.
>>
>>3124671
>muh contraction of std
yea ok bud, why should i keep it?
>>
>>3119774
God exists, but morality isn't relative to religion, but rather innate, this is how you know there is a God.

Oh what, doesn't match your religion? Not my problem.
>>
>>3124484
Why God even punishes people at the first place? It isn't like you can harm him anyway. This isn't a punishment, but an arbitrary sadism at this point.
>>
>>3124682
what does contraction of std have to do with social contract?
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 173x291px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 173x291px
>>3124687
> this is how you know there is a God
Turns out Aphrodite must be real because beauty surely exists.
>>
>>3124659
This video does not prove the existence of a higher power.

>>3124692
It's basically Aesop's stories except much more cruel.
>>
>>3124692
read>>3124144
>>
File: vexed.png (199KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
vexed.png
199KB, 580x326px
>>3124698
i already addressed social contract
>>3124712
okay there herc
>>
>>3124712
Sure m9, how convenient we only know from aphrodite because of men who spoke about her.
>>
>>3124712
>>3124687
>look out of window
>see the sun

PRAISE HELIOS!
>>
>>3124794
You only know about helios because some man told you about helios though.

Meanwhile the concept of having a morality you're born with denotes that there's a God.

>No we aren't moral

Why do you teach homosexual acceptance to children then?

Ah yes, because human morality REJECTS gayhood, now we know a little bit about it, lookie.
>>
>>3119774

Morality is never justified by anything but the instincts and inclinations of the human creature.

A creature that frightens at the sight of conflict will want perpetual peace, even to the point of absurdity.

A creature that gets hot and bothered by conflict will want perpetual war, even to the point of absurdity.

Our morality is a discrete silent compact between our inclinations and the inclinations of others.

Those who prefer "timeliness" have different inclinations than those who view "timeliness" as a very loose matter subject to variation of minutes and hours.
>>
File: fade.gif (221KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fade.gif
221KB, 500x375px
>>3124913
OK. GOOD LUCK forming society bud.
>>
>>3124942

Societies are formed by people with similar inclinations that change as outgroups get assimilated into said societies.

The initial founders of Rome had a lower time preference than their imperial descendants a thousand years later. They sowed the foundations of an empire with an inclination for pragmatism and attention to quality of work. Their descendants on the otherhand tried to game systems, already successful, to the eventual point of collapse.
>>
>>3124836
You know about Helios because you are born with the knowledge of sun divinity, why do you think all humans sleep at night or prefer to bath in the light of the sun? This is a simple truth and there is no arguing against it.
>>
File: godlive2.png (108KB, 717x1124px) Image search: [Google]
godlive2.png
108KB, 717x1124px
>>3120391
>Old Testament is parrell to the level of barbarianism at the time and is written by men interpreting Justice which was clearly elaborated on when God showed his true nature in the new testament,
>>3120397
>Jesus clearly stated that the old testament still applies to his followers. And since Jesus was God, this proves that God is a-okay with all the barbarism in the OT.

No, Jesus said the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4mgZXylbIA
>>
>>3119774
>>3124957
do you understand what morality means
>>
>>3124998

Right and wrong and good and bad. Being late to a meeting is far more worse in London than it is in a place like Mogadishu.

Stoning adulterers isn't anywhere as horrible in Karachi as it would be in Berlin.

Back in the day of "1 Child per family" in China, there was nothing "horrible" about killing an infant daughter because you need a son to appease the ancestors in rituals. And a son would marry a girl and receive a dowry from the girl's family, not the opposite.

These depend on inclinations shaped by genetics and culture.
>>
>>3124991
thanks for the laugh mate
>>
>>3125033

For example, England used to have some of the most violent people in the world. Even surpassing that of what we see in Africa. But sometime between 1300-1500, England killed off 1% of its most violent each year. Inadvertently being a mass eugenics program for the isle.
>>
>>3125033
So we evolved, in other words learned that this was wrong, it was slowly REVEALED to us. isn't it weird that the flavour of the month is globalization, universalization etc.
>>
>>3125055

What is sustainable of us, to accept, is based on genetics.

Eskimos would laugh at any form of mass welfare. They're literally sociopathic to people outside of their tribe. Which makes sense when any diversion of energy, from survival, can be fatal for the entire tribe.

And I would say less "revealed" and more "the people who follow this particular moral strategy are rewarded more than other types yadda yadda".

The problem is that we're having a strategy ("open borders", "no borders", "welcome all migrants!") shoveled on us without any change in natural inclination. Giants are trying to make the stream run opposite with great power. For the sake of decent people, I hope they fail spectacularly.
>>
>>3125036
The entire world is based upon the law of cause-effect. You attain a paycheck because you put work in for it. How can one deny karma when its so evident? Sometimes karma manifests immediately, but most of the time it manifests in the distant future
>>
>>3125107
>You attain a paycheck because you put work in for it.
that's not karma
my employer is not bound by a universal law to give me a paycheck, he's obligated by human law
>>
File: flow chart.png (17KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
flow chart.png
17KB, 800x600px
>>3120020
Who decides whether or not it's desirable tho
>>
>>3125114
The human law clearly results from karmic laws.
>>
>>3125118
prove it
>>
>>3125121
It's self-evident.
>>
>>3125126
''argument'' discarded
>>
>>3125098
i can teach every person you cite a new habit of behavior, whats your point darwin?
>>
>>3125133

Not really. Eskimos would laugh at you for suggesting open benevolence and acceptance.

Or try teaching kids to delay gratification. You can teach them, for sure, but you see racial differentiation in candy tests.

An individual with a high duration of high delayed gratification will find being in an impulsive family as being unbearable.
>>
>>3125149
CONT.

Have you ever tried psychedelics? You get the intuition that feelings of empathy and connectedness are tied to levels of certain chemicals in your brain.

You can go from weeping for the world to viewing everything as being in a state of war depending on the drug and time of trip.

It isn't a vast leap to assume that levels of such chemicals might vary amongst populations and reflect the success (or lack thereof) of various strategies. And of course societies where such levels have stabilized are susceptible to bodies with varying levels who are able to utilize strategies out the left field from the majority of the population.
>>
>>3125199
alll you're pointing out is that environment lnfluences behaviour and community sustains it, whats your point? I can still teach all of those Eskimos new morality. Just by changing the physical environment and climate atmosphere i can change their character. Even with base level intelligence i can teach them cardinal sins, aka BIG NO NO's.
>>
>>3119774
morality is a choice
>>
>>3119774
by having a normally working brain
>>
>>3125430
no its not, its objective, you so far have the worst argument in the thread, congrats>>3125445
>>
>>3119774
Hurting people is bad because it makes other people feel bad and that's mean. A literal toddler understands why hurting people is bad without you needing to tell them about our lord and saviour jesus christ.
>>
>>3120070
>I can reason to kill you and a whole demographic. I can reason to prefer to have sexual relations with an animal.
And if you constantly act like a weird asshole you will end up with lots of enemies and no friends, like Chri-chan or Germany.
>>
>>3125214
>I can still teach all of those Eskimos new morality.

How can you teach them a new morality that's counterproductive to their way of life?

> Just by changing the physical environment and climate atmosphere i can change their character.

No shit. But you can't expect equivalent exchange of moral imperatives between radically different modes of production and survival.

>Even with base level intelligence i can teach them cardinal sins, aka BIG NO NO's.

What makes you think that the Eskimos will accept what you think is cardinal? They know not to murder their family. But giving shelter to an unknown person? That would be a NO NO to them, despite our own society's expectation of "good samaritinism". We would be called wicked for not giving a lost injured person shelter if they banged at our door with bloodied hands.
>>
>>3125569
Yet people choose otherwise eh anon. Even you can't stop yourself from a breaking point, you can't stay virtuous all alone.
>>3125596
>they've been colonized
>they immigrated due to natural disaster to another society
>people keep dying from their way of life or morale is low, they notice something needs to change
What do they do now anon? They learn something new you dummy
>>
>>3125620
>Yet people choose otherwise eh anon. Even you can't stop yourself from a breaking point, you can't stay virtuous all alone.
Considering incarceration rates of each religion Jesus doesn't help much either. Religion isn't required for morality and it is debatable whether or not it is even good at getting people to behave in a virtuous manner. You just have to have a moral code and try your best to adhere to it. Whether your moral code is based off of empathy, logic, religious teachings, or some combination of the three is up to you.
>>
File: ahh-the-pleasures.jpg (74KB, 522x800px) Image search: [Google]
ahh-the-pleasures.jpg
74KB, 522x800px
>>3125784
OK that's why your not in charge of leadership and thinking. You are not wise enough to sustain society and do not possess foresight. Ignore Jesus all you want, you will never be able to live a fully developed life. God taught us morality. If we want to pretend it's relativistic, enjoy the mess.
>>
>>3120103
>implied social contract
>believing blatant propaganda by a frenchie

Social contract theory has no rational-axiomatic bedrock. It is too elastic and subjective to underpin an internally consistent legal code. Of course, its elasticity is the very reason it's favored by so many politicians and lawmakers and their apologists, who care more about personal interests than truth.
>>
>>3126147
Kid's a boss
>>
>>3119774
How would you even justify it WITH God, lol
>>
>>3125958
>Ignore Jesus all you want, you will never be able to live a fully developed life.
>People never lived fully developed lives until about 30 A.D.
>>
>>3126175
Becuase morality is his nature
>>
>>3126631
No I mean spiritual fulfillment, that inner joy and peace that comes from nothing in this earth, say a prayer tonight to God anon, just try, what's the worse that could happen
>>
>>3126878
I don't feel like I have an unfulfilling life. I genuinely enjoy my life and my job. As for the praying to god thing, I wasn't raised an atheist, few people in the US are and in fact when I was about 13 I tried to be pretty religious, didn't feel anything and it just felt like another chore to do like exercising. The difference at least when I exercise I can see an improvement even if I feel like I am wasting time.
>>
>>3127037
Well spiritual development can be a bit more subtle, or dramatic depends. Try praying now at your mature age, it may be easier to detect change or inner callings.
>>
>>3127095
I know what my calling is because it has been something that has interested me since childhood and I am currently working towards reaching my dream job. Even if I never get my dream job I've already gotten a hell of a lot closer than 99% of people.
>>
>>3127152
That's amazing brother. I admire your spirit and dedication. You have used God's gifts well. I'm talking about something meta. The reason this all matters. The hope you have to see your loved ones in this life and the next. The filling of the void left by nothingness. All God wants is your HEART. That's it. He wants your heart dearly. But he WILL NOT force you. Why don't you try contacting him genuinely the next time your alone. Literally ask him to send you a sign so that you can know him. That's it. Nothing to be scared of, nothing to lose.
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg (93KB, 563x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.u2.jpg
93KB, 563x800px
Morality doesn't exist NOR a supernatural personal God.
Morality is based on the exercise of free will.
Determinism is absolute and hence free will does not exist.
>>
>>3119774
The question is nonsensical.
>>
>>3127415
Good luck sustaining society.
>>3127477
What is it you want child?
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.