[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pointlessly brutal history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0897.jpg (38KB, 300x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0897.jpg
38KB, 300x414px
I know that history is filled with brutality but is there anything more pointlessly brutal than the treatment of peasants in the French dutchys in the 12-13 centuries. They brutally hard lives working under an asshole richer and more powerful than they could ever imagine. Then that asshole gets in a pissing match with the slightly more rich king of France which results in a "war". This really turns out to be one of the assholes chasing the other into a castle, all while the asshole sworn to defend your lands burns your farm to slow down the opposing asshole. In the end the besieged asshole surrenders, gives his daughter in marriage as a slap on the wrist and goes back to his caste while you starve to death.
>>
>>3118646
>William the Bastard had a difficult time securing Normandy after the untimely death of his father, Duke Robert, on pilgrimage in 1035. Indeed, Duke William's minority was one of the most difficult times of his entire career. He had to fight off rebellious family members who used his bastardy as justification for revolt. For example, in one incident, a town Duke William was besieging taunted him by hanging animal hides on the walls (in reference to his maternal grandfather, who was a tanner). In response, Duke William rounded up a number of captives from the town and brutally chopped off their feet and hands. He was certainly sensitive to this sort of mocking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/2buc5a/was_william_the_conqueror_treated_differently_by/cj95ywn
>>
Call me an edgelord but I've always found some of the extreme violence of history hilarious in a detached way. I think to me it's comical how absolutely barbaric people can be. This viewpoint fades the closer in you zoom, My Lai is absolutely harrowing but hearing about Romans butchering jews during passover because a legionary mooned some kike always gets a chuckle out of me
>>
>>3118651
I was really surprised by how often Normans used mutilation as a punishment. It seems like anyone that really pissed off the Duke of Normandy got his eyes poked out and castrated
>>
>>3118667
You're an edgelord
>>
>>3118651
>not skinning and tanning the captives
2/10
>>
>>3118667
hi edgelord
>>
File: Battle of the Golden Spurs.jpg (117KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Battle of the Golden Spurs.jpg
117KB, 512x512px
>>3118646

>ywn stand with jan breydel and pieter de coninck and crush French nobles

>ywn ask someone to recite "schild en vriend" , and butcher him on the spot if he says it with a French accent.

why live?
>>
>>3118646
>>3118651
wh*tes
>>
Revolutionary revisionism, just like things like the droit de cuissage. Life for a serf was better than for your average modern wage slave, especially during the economic boom of the 12th and 13th century. And after the Black Plague epidemics of the 14th century, serfdom largely fell out of practice anyway.
>>
>>3118646
>>>3118651
>I was really surprised by how often Normans used mutilation as a punishment. It seems like anyone that really pissed off the Duke of Normandy got his eyes poked out and castrated
It's the Norse blood you know.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.