[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the Germans think they could beat the world with militarism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: german gay marche.jpg (34KB, 462x354px) Image search: [Google]
german gay marche.jpg
34KB, 462x354px
Why did the Germans think they could beat the world with militarism?
>>
>>3117826
Because up until WW1 they had got away with it.
>>
Well it was working for Prussia until ww1
The issue is you can be a central European nation and not have friends on at least one side
>>
>>3117927
>working for Prussia
Napoleon says no.
>>
>>3117938
Yeah and Napolean got BTFO and Prussia went on to win against Austria and France uniting Germany so I don't really see the point of this post, it only fell apart when Bismarck was dismissed and the whole Russia-Austria-Germany alliance fell apart
>>
>>3117826
Because they almost did
>>
It's an idea someone has every few centuries. And it always comes very close but never grants long term success. That's because humans are monies who require cooperation for progress and progress for fulfillment.

This is also why globalism will win no matter how much pol hates it.
>>
File: image.png (214KB, 1120x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
214KB, 1120x218px
>>3117826
Because they were monumentally stupid.
I mean seriously, this is almost impressive:
>start a two-front war
>on purpose
>with the fucking soviet union and the british empire
>your only allies in this mind-bogglingly stupid venture are italy, romania, hungary, and bulgaria
>your army has no concept of logistical planning
>you don't listen to your generals (not that it would change anything for you at this point)
>your military-industrial complex overengineers your tanks to a baffling extent, rendering many of them extremely unreliable
>>
idk, maybe because they can and did. 3 of the 4 most relevant powers in WWII were predominantly Germanic.
>>
>>3117826
They didn't. They thought they could beat Poland and Britfrance wouldn't intervene. They were wrong, but Hitler didn't want to back down in the face of the British ultimatum to cancel the invasion, so he kept going. Everything after that was the Germans reacting to a war they had not really planned for.
>>
>>3117826
They were counting on appeasement, the militarism was all part of it; the big rallies and the military parades, it was all designed so as to make war with Germany unthinkable. They probably came really close to letting the invasion of Poland slide, the UK hesitated and for two-days held back their war declaration.
>>
File: do it again hitler.jpg (197KB, 554x598px) Image search: [Google]
do it again hitler.jpg
197KB, 554x598px
>>3117826
>>
>>3119591
Look it's a hindsight armchair military genius.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.