[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Where does Dutch history start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Leo Belgicus.jpg (210KB, 750x586px)
Leo Belgicus.jpg
210KB, 750x586px
Where does Dutch history start?
>>
in the ass end of france
>>
>>3117318
explain
>>
>>3117313
Usually the history of the netherlands as an independent entity starts around the start of the dutch revolt, so 1568. However, sometimes people expand that a bit and also include the burgundian duchy, so then you have to start around 1400
>>
>>3117313
Cool!
>>
During the Beta Uprising of 1568
>>
>>3117360
I think we could start with the Burgundian dukes too. However, the Burgundian dukes were still subject of the French king and I wonder if the people from Flanders had more respect for their duke or the king. On the other hand I can't think of a reason why the Burgundian period couldn't be the start of Dutch history because the dukes had many battles against the French king.
>>
With the Franks, really, as they're the ancestral Dutch.
The History of the Netherlands as a modern entity begins with the Treaty of Verdun which marks out the three main regions of Northern Europe, a Latin West, a Frankish speaking middle, and a German East
>>
>>3117313
Dutch don't exist
The "Dutch" are just Frisians and Batavians roleplaying as one people
>>
>>3118196
Batavians have nothing in common with modern day dutch
>>
File: Frankish.png (73KB, 1924x994px) Image search: [Google]
Frankish.png
73KB, 1924x994px
>>3117318
You're irrelevant LARPer that were bullied by us during your entire history

You can LARP as Franks all you want, only one people on this Earth was named Franks, and it is us
>>
>>3118196
Americans don't exist.
The "Americans" are just niggers and italians roleplaying as one people.
>>
>>3118905
Are you trying to convince me that the French larp as Franks or that the Dutch, the speakers of the Low Franconian language, aren't Frankish? I'm just a bit confused.
>>
File: image.png (216KB, 770x1023px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
216KB, 770x1023px
>>3118157
Would that make Alsace-Lorraine more Dutch than German?
>>
>Actually hating on the Dutch

I smell buttmad anglos, frogs and spaniards.
>>
>>3118196
We don't even roleplay as one people, we recognize the Frisians are independent people, they have their own language etc. Much like the welsh in the UK.
>>
File: West Franconian.png (210KB, 1716x544px) Image search: [Google]
West Franconian.png
210KB, 1716x544px
>>3119593
>Low Franconian language

No such thing

Actual Franconian is a West Germanic dialect, while Dutch is an North Germanic dialect, your language is more related to Frisian than to Franconian

And we did it spoke a West Franconian dialect in the past
>>
>>3122464

Nigga Frisian isn't even north-Germanic. Also Dutch is more closely related to Luxemburgish then Frisian. Low-Franconian = old-Dutch btw.
>>
File: Pannonian FRENCH.png (421KB, 1902x848px) Image search: [Google]
Pannonian FRENCH.png
421KB, 1902x848px
>>3122875
Anyway i don't care about language because only genetics matters

And Genetics tell us that French came from Pannonia, while history tell us that the Franks came from Pannonia too

So French = Frank
>>
>>3122901
Huh? Didn't the French come from Troy? I mean Paris amirite?
>>
File: Pannonia (2).png (1MB, 3060x2692px) Image search: [Google]
Pannonia (2).png
1MB, 3060x2692px
>>3122931
>using irony

Genetics ended the debate

You must accept your non-French ancestry, thiois
>>
>>3117313
The current provinces mostly derive their name and borders from countries and duchies formed in the 11th century.

Though it is somewhat artificial to speak of Dutch history rather than the history of the Low Countries.
>>
>>3122965
I guess you win this time.
But we have better cheese.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.