[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What actually happened at Dunkirk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: dunkirk.jpg (77KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
dunkirk.jpg
77KB, 600x400px
What actually happened at Dunkirk?
>>
>>3115547
Shilling on 4chan apparently
>>
File: hitlersupportbrits.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hitlersupportbrits.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Hitler let the Brits escape because he wanted a peace deal and though killing less of them would improve his chances. He was wrong because Churchill was a ZOG puppet.
>>
>>3115547
anglo cowards abandoned their staunch ally france to let them be steamrolled by invading germans
>>
>>3115553
Which is why he let the Luftwaffe strafe the hell out of them, right?
Hitler concurred with Rundstedt's stop order because a few tank formations ahead of their logistical chains and in need of a refit could not take on hundreds of thousands of soldiers without foot infantry support.
>>
File: dunk.jpg (114KB, 1148x629px) Image search: [Google]
dunk.jpg
114KB, 1148x629px
>>3115547
Here's a short documentary that basically sums yp the whole thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6C5P-AYGdY
>>
>>3115553
holy /pol/ batman
>>
>>3115586
I wonder how those soldiers would have reacted if you had told them that no one - not even the French - would remember their sacrifice in the near future, let alone long term. It's disgusting and still baffles me how little attention that pocket resistance of French troops receive.
>>
>>3116817
its not completely forgotten
Robert Merle, a novelist and ex soldier, taken prisoner at Dunkirk wrote a novel about it

Week-end at Zuydcoote
>>
>>3115547
Tank divisions were running low on fuel and ammo and needed to let the rest of the army catch up after going through hundreds of kilometers into enemy territory alone.

French was still in the game and would've flanked them if they tried a stab at dunkirk, the local area is also terrible for armor so the generals just said fuck that shit and went for Paris instead.
>>
>>3115547
I also once read the theory that Hitler's memories of WW1 made him believe that german panzers would sank in flemish marshes, so he ordered them to slow down
>>
>>3116817
Their sacrifice is overshadowed by the embarrassing French strategy

Also the average person knows fuck all about anything in history.
Most people don't even know about what their grandparents did during the world wars. Even I vaguely know

>Great granddad present in a plethora of WW1 battles
>Granddad in Burma
>Grandma in Bletchely park, anti V1 bombs
>>
>>3115547
>no frogs
Is this anglo perfidy I hear so much about?
>>
>>3115553
Would Churchill have supported the Nazis if the Germans failed their initial invasion of France, and France counterattacked and looked like it was going to conquer Germany?
>>
>>3115547
They feared the Germanic warrior
>>
The German mechanized forces were out of gas and parts. The French fought really hard to protect the British retreat.
>>
Plucky Blighty emerged victorious once again, saving a large number of Frogs in the process and leaving the Eternal Sausage Guzzler with a bloody nose.
>>
>>3115567
First time I hear this version

sauce?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.