[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you aren't remembered then you never existed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Does /his/ agree with this notion? If there is nothing to remember you by, be it someone's memory or a book that you wrote and signed off as your work, then how can any other sentient being prove your existence?
>>
>>311494
Shameful self bump
>>
If you have children you leave physical evidence of your existence. You won't be remembered by name or anything unless you're on a family tree, but atleast your genetic material lives on
>>
>>311494
>then how can any other sentient being prove your existence?
By looking up the tax registries? In fact such government registries are all that matter, since you can even start the world biggest religion and people will still doubt your existence.
>>
>>311712
>>311714
>be it someone's memory or a book
guess you didn't read the whole thing
>>
>>311494

That's bullshit. If you have any effect on anyone, you live on through that effect. You live on in whether you still affect the world, who cares you're remembered by name or not.
>>
>>311494
begging the question;
what difference does it make whether or not you existed?
>>
You leave a physical inplant for merely breathing but fuck that. I take on the notion as my motto just to push myself to get society vloser to the space age any way I can. Helping people, discovering shit, whatever.
>>
>Lucilla saw Verus die, and then Lucilla died. Secunda saw Maximus die, and then Secunda died. Epitynchanus saw Diotimus die, and Epitynchanus died. Antoninus saw Faustina die, and then Antoninus died. Such is everything. Celer saw Hadrian die, and then Celer died. And those sharp-witted men, either seers or men inflated with pride, where are they? For instance the sharp-witted men, Charax and Demetrius the Platonist and Eudaemon, and any one else like them. All ephemeral, dead long ago. Some indeed have not been remembered even for a short time, and others have become the heroes of fables, and again others have disappeared even from fables. Remember this then, that this little compound, thyself, must either be dissolved, or thy poor breath must be extinguished, or be removed and placed elsewhere.
>>
>>311723
What the fuck is the point in existence if you don't sow your seed, lad?
>>
>>311712
By that logic everyone and everything is one and the same, according to the big bang
>>
>all these reproduction fags
Thus isnt 20,000 bc, neanderthql is dead and genes barely matter anymore.

Only point in a kid is raising somebody redpilled so there is at least somebody smart in the shit ocean of society.
>>
>>311749
>Reproduction fags
Fox and grapes
>>
>>311736
>there has to be a point to existence
kek, good one
>>
>>311494
Your corpse will still exist
>>
>>311768
The point to my existence is what I decide the point of my existence is and I have decided that my existence has been brought about so that I might produce a great deal of offspring
>>
>>311768
>implying humans have not been elected by natural selection and mother nature to defeat galactic atrophy
>>
>>311772
>circular logic
nice fallacy m8
>>311773
>implying natural selection hasn't bred me to tell you you're an idiot
>>
>>311783
>implying I implyed natural selection is whatever we want it to be.
>implying I am wrong
>implying senteint humans havnt realized that human life can only last a few million years and that we will have to leave eventually
>iimplying all suffering doesnt exist so that mother nature can point us towards her ultimate enemy
>>
>>311744
Yeah,too bad this shitty theory is false.
>>
>>312069
Unless you're a dumbshit, it's pretty obvious that the universe is one object of objects, as dictated by the cosmological principle and thousands of years of preachers and gurus. The only thing that stands to be wrong about that string of logic is "objects exist because we observe them"
>>
>>311494
If in the future, we make a machine that can predict the past (if determinism is right) by reverse-tracing casual links, then it should be doable right?

Either that or DNA. I'm assuming "you" as in the body/dna itself, not the metaphysical aspect which has no existence to begin with.
>>
File: 1446430004438.jpg (63KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
1446430004438.jpg
63KB, 500x530px
>>311790
>>
>>312115
I like that idea.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.