[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catholic Church the spiritual successor of the Roman Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: va.png (215KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
va.png
215KB, 1600x1600px
Can we view the Catholic Church as the spiritual successor and heir of the Roman Empire?
>>
>>3114147
We took what was good and worthy and rest we burned. We made Rome our bitch and it will stay this way as eternal city of Christ on Earth.
>inb4 muh bagan gadolic meme
>>
>>3114368
>we
you didn't do shit buddy
>>
>>3114499
Church is one body but many members my friend. And we are not those filthy protestants that deny immorality of the soul and eternal life in Heaven so that there is no communion of saints in all three states of Church.
>>
Unlike all the other "successors" it was the only one to have Rome in it.

So I say yes
>>
>spiritual successor
>is christian
>>
>>3114536
>It's not idolatry, sorcery and necromancy when we do it!
>>
File: 1498039752096.png (564KB, 431x871px) Image search: [Google]
1498039752096.png
564KB, 431x871px
>>3114147
>Catholic Church: the political continuation (adapted) of the Roman Empire.

Fix it. Why? because:

> Really bruh, latin is the idiom of angels! without matter that Jesus and any of their apostols they never wrote anything in that idiom.
>Peter was the Rock, therefore, if he died here in Rome [citation needed], the most logical thing is that here in Rome should be now the new capital of God's church, instead be a holy place like Jerusalem, Belem (where borned Jesus) or Galilea (where borned Peter), or any other place without political power.

The key word here is ADAPTATION, not adoption! Just take a look about what says Exodus 20:4, that and that thing about choose 25th december as the birthday of Jesus.
>>
>>3114147
Can the worm that eats away at the corpse be called its spiritual sucessor?
>>
>>3114587
Rome was christian
>>
>>3114147
Rome never died, it transcended

Keep bowing to your God-King loyal Roman subjects
>>
>>3114147
No...
Byzantines were the successors, and the Kievan Rus technically followed up due to some marriages.

Facist Italy was the spiritual successor.
>>
Daily reminder that Christ and all the apostles spoke only Latin.
>>
>>3114147
>papal scum
>successor of Rome.

Rome died in 1453 and there was and never will be a successor.
>>
>>3116462
>Rome died in 1453
1923*
>>
Rome is no more

Get over it. You guys are literally centuries obsessed on this.
>>
>>3115718
They spoke Aramaic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_of_Jesus
>>
File: 1494332006205.jpg (58KB, 501x373px) Image search: [Google]
1494332006205.jpg
58KB, 501x373px
>>3116647
>>
>>3116647
I don't get this meme
>>
>>3116729
>meme
>>
>>3116759

So you still haven't explained who the guy is
>>
>>3116462
>>3116647
SPQR is alive and well in The Republic of Finland
>>
>>3114147
No because an abstract Catholic god or an any Catholic saint can't even replace image of minor god or daemon of North wing Boreas.
>>
>>3114621
Idolatry implying latria, thus name. Latria is in Catholicism for God only.
Sorcery implying evil spirit working miracles. All we do is from God, in God, for God.
Necromancy implying contacts with dead. We don't have such contacts (well, outside ecumenical meetenings with protestants).
>>
>>3116647
>>3116759
>Turkposting came to 4chan
Try /sg/ on /pol/, it will be fun.
>>
>>3116760
It's the orthodox church choosing to kill the catholics, protestants, copts and another cult i don't know. Instead of the obvious choice the t*rks
>>
>>3115276
>Facist Italy was the spiritual successor.
Unironically this. You may not like it, but it is what it is.
>>
Closest thing would be US
>>
File: greatpyramidcoord.png (460KB, 513x684px) Image search: [Google]
greatpyramidcoord.png
460KB, 513x684px
>>3114147
>Can we view the Catholic Church as the spiritual successor and heir of the Roman Empire?

No.

>>3116655
>Rome is no more
>Get over it. You guys are literally centuries obsessed on this.

"I am as constant as the northern star!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkf1sHFvYO8
>>
>>3114147
>empire
>only ever controlled tiny piece of central Italy
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.