[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Based on current global events and the current relationships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Map_of_East_&_South_East_Asia.jpg (279KB, 772x740px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_East_&_South_East_Asia.jpg
279KB, 772x740px
Based on current global events and the current relationships between nations, where do you folks think WWIII will take place? If it even does? Between what nations?

My opinion is picture related. It will start either due to the south China Sea dispute or due to the actions of North Korea. A coup against the leader of NK preformed by the USA could defiantly lead to a major conflict as well.

I also think WWIII and/or war between fully industrialized states has to happen within the next 50 to 70 years or it won't happen at all. Studying what happened between Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union is a huge deterrent for most leaders.
>>
File: 4db.png (60KB, 860x650px) Image search: [Google]
4db.png
60KB, 860x650px
>>3113505

Well this is technically /pol/ but since its not a White Genocide, Holocaust Hoax, or WE WUZ thread so I will let this pass.

I mean if there was going to be a war, it would be over something in the Baltics or Ukraine with Russia and the West.

China might get uppity over Taiwan if they went full independence, but unless something major changes over there, the Taiwanese aren't going to do that.
>>
>>3113505
Probably somewhere in Europe. There will be a clash between anti-NATO and anti-EU europeans and pro-American Europeans. The latter will be supported by American interests and their opponents will supported by Russian interests. This is already being played out in the political sphere but policy is always like 25 years ahead of the on goings of the masses.

If not Europe then the middle east. A US conflict with Iran will also demand a response from Russia and China.
>>
Nah. I'll tell you what will happen:

>The state of Pakistan loses even more control over their people
>some of the terrorist groups that operate there therefore gets access to nuclear arsenal
>they nuke India
>India awnsers
>China gets involved, they have important interests in the area
>Rusia gets involved, everything happens too close to central asia for them to not feel threatened (also they benefit from china getting weak)
>the USA gets involved because muh world police, probably secretly in the side of Pakistani terrorists thanks to Saudi Arabia
>conflict in the Middle East escalates
>probably some irrelevant african theater
>Europe mostly untouched at first but the refugee horde makes it collapse
>>
>>3113518
>>3113539

Interesting observation. Any unstable nation like Pakistan or North Korea with potential access to nukes is a huge threat to world peace. I think Europe has already learned its lesson having experienced two world wars.

>>3113539

Seems like Europe is a very common assertion; however, i don't believe Europe would throw itself into another huge war after already experiencing two. I think Europe is the last place a global conflict will emerge.
>>
First of all, it's useless to talk about the WWIII concept anymore. WWII was named as such -a sequel to WWI -because it was such a direct consequence of WWI. Unless you're somehow proposing that WWIII will likewise be Britain and France against Germany in a conflict over political ideology, colonialism, and nationalism directly resulting from the immediate consequences of WWII, it will never actually be WWIII.

Secondly, colonialism is largely dead. If a war between, say, the US and Russia broke out, there's no reason it would also be fought in Africa and Asia (excluding, obviously, Russian Asia). One of the things that made the World Wars world wars was that the major powers all possessed colonial holdings in faraway places, meaning that for them, the war was truly global.

Thirdly, a world war requires a grand geographic scale that technology has made obsolete. The realities of a modern global economy mean major powers simply can't afford to turn on each other. China's economy falls to pieces without the US, and visa versa. The UK and Germany never had that problem.

Fourthly, mutual assured destruction is still a thing. Even perhaps the most impulsive US president we've ever seen realizes that if he launches the nukes, nukes are getting launched back at him and we're all going down.

In short, unless there is some completely unforseeable technological or scientific breakthrough that completely changes the way human life inherently functions in the 21st century (contact with alien life? terraforming Mars?), WWIII ain't happening.
>>
I feel like the whole America vs. Russia rivalry is starting to die down, or at least relations are going back to neutral thanks to the Trump-Putin scandal normalizing it. It also makes good geopolitical sense, since China is quickly becoming the United State's main rival, and Russia is still too weakened by the collapse of the Soviet Union to really be the USA's rival for another hundred years. So, out of this deal, the USA would get what it wants: containing China's growing power. And in return, the USA might overlook Russia reclaiming some of its former territory.

So those are the players. I agree with the other anons that Europe will want to stay far away from this. Seeing as the US and Russia would be on the same side, and Europe has cause to worry about Russia's expansion, I doubt they'd even commit volunteers or materiel.

I don't think China would ever declare against a US-Russia alliance, so I think such an alliance will be adopted in the near future just to prevent a real war from breaking out. In other words, I don't think a third world war is likely, but in the foreseeable future, but the great powers of the world will start taking steps to prevent it from occurring.
>>
>>3113671
My opinion is that North Korea is not to be feared because they're relatively held back by the chinese lash and, more important, the government has a great control on what's going on the country. No risk of nuking if N. Korea doesn't want to start shit. And they will only start shit if they feel so threatened that there's no other option.

In the case of Pakistan, it's different. The country is no Somalia, but the control of the pakistani government is very weak around the nation. Corruption is rampant and rogue groups run free. What happens in Pakistan is more independent of what Pakistan wants and therefore you can expect anything. I wouldn't be surprized if eventually one of those groups gains access to light nuclear weapons.
>>
>>3113505
China vs Japan/US

Over the East China Seas

China will also force conflicts in South China Sea to test waters first(to test US's resolve).
>>
>>3113671
North Korea can't really be described as an unstable state though, and I don't think that they pose a threat to the world peace, seeing as all the government really seems to want is the same level of controll over their population as they have now. The only way I can see them as a "threat" is if the US suddenly decides that they can't allow them to keep on doing what they're doing.
>>
I don't think it will be anything clear cut. Just more and more local conflicts for resources as overpopulation and climate change intensify.
>>
File: The Ultimate Redpill..png (2MB, 1189x8256px) Image search: [Google]
The Ultimate Redpill..png
2MB, 1189x8256px
The only reason World War III hasn't happened yet, is thanks to Nuclear weapons and Pax Americana. However, once the automation of jobs, Peak Oil, and Global Warming (Which will turn Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East into gigantic ovens) are reached. Global Warfare is assured.
>>
>>3113505
>South China Sea
lmao newfag to the region, I see.

Shit has been going on ever since the 1950s. It's only saber rattling that ever happens there.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.