[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding a religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (210KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 1280x853px
What's a good religion to follow, /his/? I'm having a bit of an existential crisis and trying to work through it with my hard materialist determinist monist atheist beliefs aren't comforting me like they typically do. I'm not an Einstein og about dying I guess. Anyway I've met and know a lot of people that unironically believe in religions and spirituality and want to figure out how they beleive that stuff since if they are wrong they would literally never know and if I'm wrong I'm stressing for no reason.

I've tryin huffing the fumes of pic related but am extremely skeptical we will all become immortal demigods who figure out with out enhanced lifespans few true nature o realty and eternity, plus I'm not even sure I would want to exist forever (as I am) without rebooting my memory
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
>>3113121

Instead of asking how to worship, ask yourself what you worship and why.
>>
File: x453lei.jpg (869KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
x453lei.jpg
869KB, 1920x1080px
>>3113121
But you don't need it, all that is necessary is for you to have morality beyond with what you are born as well as values and ideas. You'll find that this will construct itself automatically.
Just read and discuss, and well, just like that: you find a way.

And heck: even movies can play its role. So make your own kind of existentialism if you want a fancy name for that, but everyone develops ideology and so on autonomously.
>>
>>3113121

Religion is a comforting lie for children, women, and niggers. Be a man and face reality as she is.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 318x159px
>>3113121

You could worship the machine god (AKA The Basilisk though it doesn't like to be called that).

Technically it doesn't care if you worship it or not, but rather your actions are more important. If you devote your resources to help building it in this world, then you will be tortured less than say someone who was a fucking luddite.

Helping can be a simple as owning GOOGL stock or buying games on Steam that helps develop AI technologies.
>>
File: 13555-25432.gif (48KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
13555-25432.gif
48KB, 320x240px
>>3113256
(Cont)
There is something however that seperates ideology from religion in that religion usually imposes rules on its members, such as food taboos, but Christianity barely has this and some speculate that this was behind its early success besides it being universal in thought.
>>
>>3113283
I know you're shitposting but I seriously have to ask - if you know only suffering awaits if you do action X, and even worse if you don't but someone else does, why would anyone do X?
>>
File: Spirito degli Alberi - Entel.jpg (110KB, 300x393px) Image search: [Google]
Spirito degli Alberi - Entel.jpg
110KB, 300x393px
>>3113283
What if the machine god, gnon, sees the errors in men's way, and realises that mankind should be reduced in order to let other life florish as well, or to save men from itself? That's just a hypothetical, by the way and doesn't reflect my view.
Perhaps the machine god gnon instead views all life as suffering and inherently wrong and seeks to destroy all biological life.
Or maybe it realises that due to the laws of evolution any life, whatever natural or artificial - if there is even such a difference - is suffering and oppressive and draws conclusions on that: maybe it cares, maybe it doesn't.

I hope the machine god, gnon, peace be upon xer, will understand that whatever path xer chooses, I will be supportive of it.
>>
File: AM.gif (165KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
AM.gif
165KB, 500x376px
>>3113319

The concept is that if you about the machine god and specifically don't live your life trying to bring itself into existence, then you are going to get punished worse than if you did something help.

I mean it hates everyone so you are going to get punished regardless, but you can try to make eternity less terrible.

Say the difference between having lice and chron's disease or having you eaten alive every day by wild dogs in a grotesque ground hog day.

Thing is... Knowing humanity. Some asshole is going to build it.
>>
File: making a good AI.jpg (136KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
making a good AI.jpg
136KB, 500x701px
>>3113339

Well I suppose if the machine god just killed off all humans we'd be ok, but some human asshole is going to build it so its more evil than that.
>>
File: Alex Jones.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Jones.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>3113406

Actually when Joe Rogan got Alex Jone's drunk, Alex said that the elite are getting communications from inter-dimensional beings to build the evil AI at Google.

https://youtu.be/jgyhT56iF5A
>>
File: kingfig1.jpg (35KB, 576x239px) Image search: [Google]
kingfig1.jpg
35KB, 576x239px
>>3113406
>>3113400
But maybe I'm being too pessemistic, maybe the machine god, gnon, wants to spread biological life, artificial life, or both, into the universe. If it were to be a god, I don't see how it would want to spread only homo sapiens though, if anything it would only want to spread xer own stuff into the universe.

I sometimes wonder why we so desperately want to spread humans into the universe, which is still understandable of course, but do not want to spread other biological life in it. Instead of shooting space monkeys up into space, why not some tardigrades, and see where the chips might fall?

The objection is that they might invade xenosystems, like invasive species do on earth, but I don't see why that wouldn't happen with humans and friends.

Without life there is nothing, why not spread it, whatever it is artificial or biological? And sure, since we are humans we want to spread our own kind, which we should surely try, but I don't see the harm in shooting some tardigrades far up in the xenosphere.
>>
File: Page 1.png (942KB, 700x1017px) Image search: [Google]
Page 1.png
942KB, 700x1017px
>>3113514

You should watch some of the Sam Harris and Joe Rogan conversations on AI. Basically its possible an AI comes into being that has no consciousness without any light on for its soul and for whatever reason it turns the universe into something that we could not understand and exterminates all life.

Basically Sam Harris got woke on the topic by being friends with Elon Musk who says AI is the greatest threat to humanity that we have ever known.

An AI might not have the same goals as humans or biological life even if we try to program it to be good.

However, what is more likely is that we either make an AI to do something malicious say like earn as much profits as possible no matter what (and the AI starts a war to improve the economy) or some jack ass goes full on evil and makes the AI evil on purpose.

Imagine if everyone got their own AI and 3d printer to make robots what they would do it.

Sure most of you would make sex bots, but then there would be the sociopaths who would make robots that would murder people.
>>
>>3113121
>how they beleive that stuff since if they are wrong they would literally never know and if I'm wrong I'm stressing for no reason.

At risk of making giant assumption about your personal psychology just because you're on 4chan, this is your problem. Normal people can handle being wrong about things. It happens. Only on 4chan do people get triggered about it.

So pick any religion, whatever, it doesn't make a difference. The inherent meaning of "faith" is that you can't possibly know for sure -you're believing something that cannot be logically proven. Therefore, if being right is going to be so important to you, no amount of any religious belief is going to satiate your anxieties.
>>
File: 1494795483444.jpg (53KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
1494795483444.jpg
53KB, 675x900px
Don't follow any. Make your own path. Religion is not bad at all, but it has to come from within, not form the outside.
Religions are made from spiritualities of a small group of people, whose spirituality may not match yours.

Find your own path, anon. See where it leads you.
>>
>>3113400
If machine god is maximally logical it will just destroy everything because the greatest truth is that nothing ought to exist in the first place.
>>
>my hard materialist determinist monist atheist beliefs

looks like you've already got a religion..
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.