[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid shit you heard in history class

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 56

>It was illegal to believe that the Earth was round
>I thought Hitler was executed!
>>
Listen brothers.

The earth is not a ball to which we are glued by the mystical force of "gravity", no.

The earth is flat, just as the ancient peoples believed. Heaven is above you, hell is below you.

The devil first spread the idea of a ball earth revolving around a ball sun in the ancient Babylonian and Egyptian mystery schools. These teachings were passed down to Pythagoras. They were handed down the ages to the occult mystery schools of the European Renaissance, who adopted them as their own. Then the occultists Copernicus, Kepler, Bruno, Newton, published the idea and started the "Copernican revolution".

The ancient Hermetic principle is "As Above, So Below". This has many applications. One of them is this: what people believe about the heavens above them, well determine what they believe about the earth below them. In other words, how they interpret the sky will correspond with how they interpret their own lives. Our materialist society would be impossible without a materialist cosmology to justify it. A mechanistic Newtonian cosmology justifies a mechanistic view of human life, a mechanistic politics, sociology, and economics. It sounds like a joke, but the idea that the stars are giant balls of gas reflects the modern obsession with fossil fuels / material goods in general. Copernicus wasn't going for a mechanistic religion, by the way; he was a Pythagorean and Heliolator, and hoped that the belief that the sun was at the center of the universe would usher in a return to a sun-worshipping priesthood like those of ancient societies.

The reason why the Devil spreads the idea of the ball earth is that it totally overturns mans relationship to the world. Instead of man being a spiritual being with heaven above him and hell below him; instead he stands on a ball where there are infinitely many ups and downs, where heaven isn't "above" but only "outside" the earth - moral and epistemological relativism, infinitely many points of view.
>>
>>3104751
The Ottomans were tolerant people
>>
File: IMG_3932.jpg (17KB, 571x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3932.jpg
17KB, 571x258px
>>3104758
You don't even deserve a good picture.
>>
>>3104762
>anything i dislike is le fish meme
Your heretical ideology will pass.
>>
File: IMG_3933.jpg (56KB, 450x469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3933.jpg
56KB, 450x469px
>>3104777 have a terrible stock image instead
>>
>>3104787
Back to /r/eddit please. Here, we don't submit to such obvious lies.
>>
File: 1499824669494.jpg (165KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499824669494.jpg
165KB, 800x800px
Some chick in class asked a retarded question about WW2 and I still remember spazzing out in my seat like an autist
>What was Germany doing in North Africa?
Like why were they there?!?!
She didn't understand regardless of how the teacher explained
>>
>>3104751
Things teachers actually said
>the meme that Poles only had cavalry against Germany in WWII
(this was actually said in a positive way, in the sense that Poles were that brave and hardcore)
>Basques are Celts
>Conquistadors defeated the Incas and "Mayans" on their own because of firearms, no mention of their native allies
>Galileo was persecuted only because of his research and the Catholic Church believed at that time that the world was flat
(this was said by the music teacher when talking about the Renaissance)
>>
>The Ottomans won against Europe in WW1
>Rome fell because it adopted christianity
>Germans won WW1 and then lost it in WW2
>Whites made raiding parties to capture slaves
>Jet Planes was invented 20 years ago
>Tesla has perfected a free energy machine
>>
File: IMG_0651.png (164KB, 473x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0651.png
164KB, 473x310px
>"NAZI" MADE BUTTONS FROM JEWISH BONES, AND SOAP FROM JEWISH BODYFAT.
>>
>>3104758

The Horizon.
>>
>>3104959
>Whites made raiding parties to capture slaves

How is that false?
>>
>WW2 endeded because Hitler didn't get reelected
>>
>>3104974

African slaves were brought from markets after being captured/enslaved by other Africans. The idea of gangs of white pirates running around Africa with giant nets, scooping up random people and dragging them off, is nonsense.
>>
>>3105000
Didn't both happen?
>>
File: 1479280750049.png (159KB, 314x253px) Image search: [Google]
1479280750049.png
159KB, 314x253px
>teacher mentions Prussia
>dumb bitch says "UM it's pronounced Russia"
>>
>>3105030

If it did it was rare. The average slaves first encounter with Europeans would be in a market.
>>
>Other countries envied Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealths' muh democracy and freedom
>>
>>3104854
That's actually a good question, though. I didn't know for the longest time until a professor explained it for my class.

What did she have difficulty understanding?
>>
>>3104959
A lot of stuff in this thread is understandable or at the very least believable.

This is just downright absolutely stupid.
>>
File: 1491758375173.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491758375173.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
We were talking about ancient Egypt and a girl asked very surprised if there were people still living there and if there were, were they living in the pyramids?

TL:DR
girl think that egypt is inhabited and when she knows the truth thinks they live in the pyramids
>>
>>3104854
Not that stupid at all for someone who isn't interested in history
>>
>>3104758

this was actually educational for me, even though it in obvious jest/bait.

fuck, if 4chan featured boards for all subjects that just featured educational material in posts, I'd have been valid victorian. But I didn't graduate and work retail. Ho hum
>>
>>3105049
One dude called them "Them Russians with a P"
>>
File: 1420937452379.jpg (8KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1420937452379.jpg
8KB, 224x225px
>Japan is in South America
>>
>>3105415
>What did she have difficulty understanding?
Understanding that Libya was Axis territory
>>
>>3104974
The blacks did the raiding and capturing, whites just bought them.

>>3105030
No. "Roots" is not at all historically accurate.
>>
>Was it after the Opium War that Mao took over?
Makes me cringe to this very day
>>
>talking about seigneurial rights in the ancien regime
>why couldnt peasants kill rabbis sir?

>>3105520
Not at all unreasonable for a layman
>>
Our 5th grade teacher taught us that they burnt Galileo's eyes.
>>
>>3104751
>It was illegal to believe that the Earth was round
what is the best argument against this? I hear it all the time but i know its not true
>>
>>3104751
Some girl thought that the US spends 50% of its GDP on the military. This was a college course.
>>
>>3106202
The fact that Europeans knew the world was round 800 years before the middle ages started.
>>
>>3106236
There are idiots who think gdp = government spending = discretionary spending.

Military spending is indeed half of discretionary spending, but those false equivalences are so fucking annoying.
>>
>Is the king still alive?
We were talking about the American Revolution. She really asked if King George III was still alive.
>teacher laughs at her and says no
>>
>The tsar was a communist right?

This was after studying the 1917 revolution for six months.

>>3105520
I mean, he was after.
>>
>>3104795
>Here, we don't submit to such obvious lies.
Mate have your first (You) from me, because you made me chuckle. Now go back to praying or you'll go to hell and suffer an eternity for fraternizing with heretics.
>>
File: Lucina.jpg (54KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lucina.jpg
54KB, 566x480px
God damn listening to the fucking dumbasses in my high school history class was painful.
> Constant "le dont invade russia" memes
> "Has the US ever been in a war?"
> Edgelords that constantly spout pseudofacts about Nazi Germany
> People pinning the Great Depression entirely on Hoover not doing enough
> No one has even heard of the Holy Roman Empire or Prussia
>>
>>3104963
You forgot lampshades made out of human skin. That one is a classic. There's also the opposite where I had someone trying to explain that Mengele didn't actually do the experiments he did.
>>
>>3106299
>Hoover not doing enough
FDR literally just took what Hoover did and expanded it. FDR's own economists even said so.
>>
>>3104959
>>Rome fell because it adopted christianity
>>Whites made raiding parties to capture slaves
These are both true.
>>
File: 1498890525788.png (766KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1498890525788.png
766KB, 2000x2000px
>>3104751
>Hitler hated Jews because he was jealous of them
>Napoleon was an angry manlet
>Russia had atomic bombs before America
>>
>>3106331
>>Russia had atomic bombs before America
Wut?
>>
>>3106202
I heard this in high school and immediately knew it was wrong but too autistic to retort
>I-it's wrong though
>No it isn't!
>Uh...
>>
>everyone without blond hair and blue eyes stand up
>HITLER WOULD HAVE KILLED YOU!
>>
>>3106331
>napoleon was an angry manlet

Is this serious?
>>
>>3106590
You are pulling this shit out of your ass.
>>
>did they wanna draft Muhammad Ali because he was the best boxer and could beat up the Vietnams

Talking about tenements in the north and how shitty and cold they got
>why couldn't the black people just huddle in the window because black absorbs heat from the sun

>what does biblical mean

>the war of 1812 was when Napoleon invaded the USA and burned the white house

>why didn't George Washington stop the civil war
>>
no joke was taught all of these things
>hitler killed himself because he found out he was a jew
>Native americans did not have war
>no one though the earth was round until columbus
>0 people accused by mccarthy were guilty
>nazism and communism are the complete opposite on the political spectrum
>beijing is in southern china
not history related but...
>clouds don't move the earth just spins under them creating the illusion that they move
seriously though grade school and even some colleges have teachers with 0 qualification or interest
>>
the teacher asked this chinese guy in our class whether he heard anything about mao tse tung at home
>he was a very nice person
>he helped the chinese and was benefitial to china

well
>>
>>3106646
Well, he was a manlet and I suppose he must've been mad at some point. He apparently had an average sized knob, though.
>>
>>3106718
Yeah my friend's gf is Chinese and though I've never talked to her about recent Chinese history (I don't think she particularly cares or thinks about it much) I would be pretty skeptical about what she had to say. Except for her dislike of the Japanese which is pretty understandable imo
>>
>>3106730
>be born a manlet
>not even fortunate enough to be a tripod too
>>
File: 4L_x2XXU2hR.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
4L_x2XXU2hR.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>Polish airforce was completely destroyed on the first day, on the ground too
>the French were pushovers, Wehrmacht was vastly superior

>french tanks had more reverse gears
>>
>>3106838
"The Poles charged at German tanks with their lances!" is another one that makes me reee.
>>
>Italy lost Corsica after WWII defeat
>>
>>3106851
Do people actually believe this one? It's not like people in 1939 didn't know what a tank was
>>
>teacher is presenting a powerpoint about the civil war
>for some reason decided that the background of the powerpoint slides should be the Confederate flag
>black kid said something along the lines of "that's a pretty cool flag"
>other students in the class have to explain to him what that flag is

This isn't /his/ related, but that same black kid got in another funny conversation with the stoner kid.
>stoner kid mentions Jimmy Hendrix
>black kid asks who that is
>stoner says "he's like the greatest guitarist ever"
>black kid responds "really? I thought that would've been Stevie Wonder"
>>
>>3106696
>0 people accused by mccarthy were guilty
?????
Isn't this true? I thought a couple people were later found out to be spies but none of his investigations caught anyone
>>
File: 001 (2).jpg (188KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
001 (2).jpg
188KB, 900x900px
>>3104758
>>
>>3104854
>tfw it used to bother me that they were called World Wars because I thought it only happened in Europe and the Pacific ocean

Then I went to college and my history classes weren't shit.
>>
>>3104959
>Rome fell because it adopted christianity
I hear this argument a lot. I don't really know how to argue against it. I usually just say "it was more likely that the barbarians literally invaded the Roman Empire," but then they say something about the Christians being really intolerant, and destroying national unity.
>>
>Hitler killed anyone with brown hair or brown eyes
>>
>>3106958
>Do people actually believe this one?
You've never talked to an American, have you?
>>
File: 1416202775780.jpg (95KB, 468x490px) Image search: [Google]
1416202775780.jpg
95KB, 468x490px
>>3107188
Are burger high schools really this shit? I understand that it depends on state and whatnot, but on average?
We were taught literally every front (excluding more obscure ones like Burma campaign etc)
>>
File: 1499796884496.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499796884496.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>3105520
He's not wrong
>>
>>3104751
>absolute worst human being in one of my history classes
>short, chubby, greasy hair, bad acne, glasses, highschool student who made it into a college level class
>pronounces "Mexica" as "Mechicha"
>pronounces "France" as "Fronse"
>I know the latter is technically correct, but he pronounces every fucking term as pretentiously as he can
>constantly argues with professor
>always plays "devils advocate"
>is a massive faggot
>in class debate about conquest of mexico
>his whole argument is pseudofact, he's a massive dick to the opposing team.
>he thinks spanish technology didnt give them an advantage over the Aztecs
>believes wholly in environmental determinism, refuses to acknowledge the role of religion, culture, etc. In world history
>worst human being I have come into contact with in my entire life.
>I know and have been friends with some pedos, coke addicts, drug dealers, and sexual predators
>>
>>3105424
Not a single thing in here is understandable, unless you maybe grew up in the 60's
>>
>>3106975
>>black kid said something along the lines of "that's a pretty cool flag"
I like that kid, he's innocent and hasn't been corrupted by racial bias and ignorance.
>>
>>3107261
Was he also a Wehraboo pro?
>>
>>3105449
I saw someone on /v/ saying the new AssCreed is inaccurate because it depicts ancient Egypt as populated. He thought it should be just a few people in the desert with pyramids in the background.
>>
>>3106958
Images of Polish cavalry getting in range for a grenade attack were utilized for propaganda purposes to depict resistance to the blitz as futile. Americans are always ready to believe poles are stupid.
>>
>>3107261
More stories.
>>
>the english caused the irish famine
>>
Whites were the only ones who had slaves.

Christians attacked Muslims for no reason.

The Haga Sofia is a pinnacle of Muslim/Turkish architecture.
>>
>>3107306
But that's true you fucking britbong apologist
>>
>>3104751

>Africans treated their slaves better than whites
>Britain invaded Greece in WW2 to stop the Holocaust (a Greek Holocaust survivor speaking to my class said that)
>>
>>3107243
I am an American
>>
>>3107261

Tell us about your other friends
>>
>>3106676
Not him but I remember this exact thing happening in my middle school history class.
>>
>>3104751
>checking a gap filling grammar exercise
>the text is about Columbus
>there is a gap where the verb goes
>a put in "discovered" in a sentence "Having ____ America, Columbus (...)"
>the teacher says it is racist since there were people in America before 1492, thus "reached" is a better option
>she eventually accepts "discovered" as well because it is gramatically correct
>>
File: >mfw.png (128KB, 279x285px) Image search: [Google]
>mfw.png
128KB, 279x285px
>>3107330

Oh yeah another good one

>the Age of Exploration should be known as the Age of Exploitation

t. some 40 year old hippie bitch who got knocked up by a fellow history teacher and had to take the rest of the year off
>>
>>3107339
I'm sorry Anon, but most Americans I've spoken were either not intelligent or so arrogant they wouldn't say they were wrong. However, that was rude of me to say that all Americans acted like that.
>>3107399
Fucking hate it when people say that shit. If it was on the other foot, they would of done the same fucking things we did.
>>
File: conquistadors and Tlaxcala.jpg (83KB, 430x599px) Image search: [Google]
conquistadors and Tlaxcala.jpg
83KB, 430x599px
>>3107435

I literally said that to her face during class and brought up the fact that thousands of Natives had fought under the Spanish banner to bring down the Aztec Empire. She just ignored me.
>>
>>3107435
Anon, you do know that at least half of all the people on this website are Americans, right? Both the smart and the dumb?
You're the arrogant one, constantly insulting Americans just because we have vocal idiots. If your country was as relevant, your idiots would get just as much exposure, and everyone would think your nation was a nation of idiots.
>>
>>3107325

>le american education
>>
>>3107471
>constantly insulting Americans just because we have vocal idiots.
I didn't constantly insult your countrymen though. Have you been on /int/ for to long.
>>
>>3106676
This is fairly common in American schools. I remember it.
>>
>>3107238
>trust no one, not even yourself
>>
>>3107283

I'm not really sure what his historical "specialty" is. I dont hate myself enough to ask him. He probably has all the german tanks memorized and shit. He's autistic as fuck.

>>3107304

>he starts arguing with the professor about the haitian revolution for no god damn reason
>professor is brilliant, I've talked with her quite a bit, latin america is her specialty
>he says the haitians never actually achieved independence and were still part of the french empire after the revolution
>she says no, everyone in the room wants the conversation to end
>after class he comes up to her and I, starts talking about how french political figures still influenced haitian politics after the revolution, therefore still in the empire
>the two of us try to explain to this chubby gollum looking fuck that thats not how empires work.
>can see the confusion and indignation on his face, he digs an even deeper trench and keeps arguing.
>I bring up the american revolution, talk about the fact that the US secured political independence from the brits, left the empire even though british loyalists still played a significant role in our government afterwards.
>he doesnt understand the connection I was making. "B-but, there were no british loyalists in the US after the revolution! They all left for canada!"
>what.jpg
>Try telling him thats not accurate, so does professor. Halfway through my sentence, he just walks out of the fucking room.

I want him to be deported to Syria.
>>
>>3107399
>>3107435
>>3107453

Holy shit I managed to find her dox after not even ten minutes of searching on google.

Should I call my old teacher and give her a piece of my mind?
>>
>>3107435
The natives lost, why do people get so butthurt about it

I know it's insensitive, but is my mentality actually wrong? Do people not realize how many cultural assimilations/dominations and even genocides have happened over time?
>>
>>3107341
One is a drug dealer who makes edibles and sells hella kush. He has done coke, crack, meth, LSD, adderol, and plans to do heroin in the near future. He's a pretty rad dude. We dropped acid together.

Another is a norwegian who kneecapped his stepdad with a hammer, browses /int and /pol while wearing feety pajamas. He used to call his stepdad "bitch tits". He's out of his fucking mind which is great.

A friend of mine from highschool was an open pedo, he liked diddling himself to pictures of young girls, and one time he took pictures of my friends dicks while they were sleeping. Not sure what happened to him. Maybe prison?

I have weird fucking friends dude. Some are alcoholics, others are drug addicts, heavy smokers, NEETS, etc. I've even met a couple of rapists.

Its odd to say, but I get along with them pretty decently.
>>
>>3107575
Kek, have you gone through World War 1 yet or are you primarily focusing on social/politicals situations in the Americas?
>>
File: prison health inspector.png (1MB, 1094x625px) Image search: [Google]
prison health inspector.png
1MB, 1094x625px
>>3107639
>Maybe prison?

Hopefully

>>3107639

>I've even met a couple of rapists.

The "she was only 17" kind or the "hold 'em down" kind?

Please tell me you're the most normal of the lot
>>
>>3105449
>tldr half as long as post
gb2reddit
>>
>>3107694
This was just a latin america / colonialism class. Thank fuck we were spared from his vast knowledge about early modern history. He's also a philosopher type.

Imagine the most repulsive form of intellectual imaginable asking a classroom full of people something along the lines of "um, have you read (insert kant, nietzche, marx, etc.) before? It will cast a light upon this subject."

>>3107695

College level rapists. One of the campus drug dealers "allegedly" slips things into people drinks. He's bi so "allegedly" he's tried this with both girls and guys. I dunno how many times he's actually fucked someone while they're out though. He's definitely a scumbag, and an edgy, guy fawkes mask wearing deepwebber, so he has plentiful access to date rape drugs.

Another one who just graduated was an attractive dude with a god complex. I honestly think that he was a psychopath, or maybe a sociopath, simply because of how manipulative he was around girls. He tried to fuck one of my friends when she was wasted out of her mind and he was totally sober. Again, I have no proof that he ever raped anyone, but I know he was capable of doing that sort of shit.

I'm probably not a normal person, then again most people who use this site aren't. I'm a bit fucked mentally because my dad put a bullet through his head when I was 5, so I have some depressive tendencies and substance abuse issues. Not like I'm bragging, but more and more I'm beginning to think that I'm slightly psychotic. It probably didnt help that my future stepdad shot himself in the head too. I've known too many people who have offed themselves to be normal, 5 in total. Normal is boring anyways.
>>
>>3106202
Dante's Divine Comedy is a good example of a round world being described in the Middle Ages. The Purgatory is said to be on the opposite hemisfere of Jerusalem. Of course Dante took inspiration from recognized past philosopers for the "geography" of the afterlife, and of course if a round earth was heresy he would have been condemned for it, which he wasnt.
>>
>>3107799
OP here. I actually brought it up as an example but still didn't believe it.
>>
>>3107798

Damn what is it about you that keeps inducing people to give their .45 a blowjob?

My dad had multiple suicide attempts when I was younger and I'm pretty sure my mom will become suicidal in the future. Not that I give a shit anymore, my younger brother and I can't stand either of them.
>>
File: 1497817720794.jpg (62KB, 777x432px) Image search: [Google]
1497817720794.jpg
62KB, 777x432px
>emmett till was innocent
>>
>>3106696
Yeah, McCarthy caught zero communists. Maybe he caught some other people engaged in illegal activity, but the communists were gone by the 50's.

And because I can't resist, Beijing is in the southern part of Greater China.
>>
>>3107937
Huh?
>>
>>3107849
Kek, not a clue. Luck I guess?
>>
>>3107798
You got anymore stories?
>>
>>3106676
Can confirm this happened in my school too
t.NCfag
>>
>>3107947
Greater China is probably some memetistic pan nationalist blob that includes Siberia or something
>>
File: 1428294962028.jpg (26KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1428294962028.jpg
26KB, 508x524px
>>3107909
This one always gets me too. Don't those Negros know that it isn't their place to look at pretty white women?
>>
File: 1469832905715.jpg (189KB, 831x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1469832905715.jpg
189KB, 831x1000px
>>3106299
>> No one has even heard of the Holy Roman Empire
How can you hear of something that never existed?
>>
>>3108211
Lol
>>
>>3107203
I'd say the fall of Rome and rise of Christianity were serendipitous. The Christians took the opportunity to take hold of a system that was breaking
>>
File: 1452968991201.jpg (24KB, 217x346px) Image search: [Google]
1452968991201.jpg
24KB, 217x346px
>>3107471
>you do know that at least half of all the people on this website are Americans, right?
>>
>>3106676
Brit here, can confirm that they taught a similar thing in my secondary school history class.
>>
>>3106676
CAN CONFIRM
>>
>>3106730
Didn't he have a micropenis or is that just a myth?
>>
So with the rise of postmodernism, and the relativity of truth, how much worse do you think historical education's going to get?
>>
>>3107256
>Are burger high schools really this shit?
Yes. Every history teacher I had in high school was a coach to some sports team. It was obvious that they weren't hired because of their teaching abilities.

>I understand that it depends on state and whatnot, but on average?
I went to high school in Alabama, which isn't the most intelligent state, but the area I lived in had some of the best public high schools in the state. So I think I can claim that most public high schools on average in the U.S. are shit, at least when it comes to history.

>We were taught literally every front (excluding more obscure ones like Burma campaign etc)
God, I wish that were me.

I guess I can't complain though. There were Advanced Placement history courses that were much more rigorous, but at the time I wasn't interested in them because I wasn't good at history and it seemed boring to me.
>>
>>3107256
Our schools are more focused on American history than European schools so we don't go as in depth with ww2 or ww1. Which I don't like because the revolution isn't as interesting as the wws
>>
>>3107320
>The Haga Sofia is a pinnacle of Muslim/Turkish architecture.
Surely no one said that in one of your classes. That's just a his/pol meme, right?
>>
>>3107634
that'd be kinda autistic t b h
>>
>>3107638
I think part of it is the hypocrisy of America being about freedom and justice for all in their constiution, yet treating other groups of people like shit.
>>
>>3107798
Man I feel bad for you. Ever consider getting help? Btw, the people one is willing to hang out with tells a lot about them. Just saying.
>>
>>3104974
Europeans regularly captured indians as slaves in the americas.
>>
>>3107478
Even the Ottoman empire offered humanitary aid (food) but brits refused idiot
>>
>>3106676

that malarkey wasn't taught in any US school I attended, and I've attended more than a few having had to move often on account of the position of my father
>>
>The Sumerians were the same as the Canaanites.
>The ice age never happened.
>Red star theory is a hoax
>There was a world wide flood that took out an extra layer of atmosphere that trapped in oxygen.
>The world is 6000 years old.
>Columbus knew the earth was round because it said so in the bible.
>The tower of babbel is why we have so many different languages.
>Sodom and Gomorrah existed
>>
>>3106299
>> Edgelords that constantly spout pseudofacts about Nazi Germany
Like how hitler was bad? ;^)
>>
File: 1444405900005.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1444405900005.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>Africans were racist by selling other Africans to Europeans
>>
>>3108693
Were you in a catholic school?
>>
>>3106299
>n-word
HHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNG
>>
>>3108722

how insulting

you must be tremendously ignorant of catholic education and the like
>>
>>3108722
baptist scool. Most catholics are theistic evolutionists
>>
File: 1473204299068.jpg (5KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1473204299068.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>3106696
>>
File: 1432747531504.jpg (74KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
1432747531504.jpg
74KB, 275x275px
>>3106696
This is genuinely hilarious
>>
>>3108735
Aren't all Christian schools the same?
>>
>>3104751
>Peaceful soviet army """liberated""" Eastern Europe
No, Eastern countries turned against Germany and killed german troops before bolshevic controlled armies, nonetheless, the red troops occupied Eastern Europe till 1955.
>Communist leaders were nationals
No, they were jews, atheist jews from every USSR country.Every high position was occupied by a jew.Communist genocides were comanded by jews, like Holodomor in Ukraine, starving and shooting in Romania, Russia, Poland.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6p1zxKnDeM
>African troops fought for Europe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marocchinate
They raped and killed 11 year old girls, they never fought germans, Germans were never a threat in North Africa, only in continental Europe.
>The crusades were barbaric
I wish the memes were true.

Things we weren't taught
>Arabic and turkish slave thread of europeans and caucasians was the biggest in human history and reason for their economic renaissance
>Mass genocide of baltic prussians by teutonic shits
>Gypsies brought to Europe by Turkey
>Austrians are germanized slavs
>Why were jews kicked out of every country they touched besides the old antisemitism meme excuse
>>
>>3106696
>>3107937
>Literally means "Northern Capital" in Chinese
>>
>>3108719
>he doesn't realize Africans are the real racists
It's like you aren't even redpilled
>>
>>3108786

obviously not

catholic schools in the US are more comparable to how US schools were back when they gave children a proper education
>>
>>3104758
genuinely inspired a thought
>>
>>3106676
American here. Can confirm.
>>
>>3106676
This happened in my middle school history class in MA
>>
>>3106696
>90% of teachers before college are at least slightly stupid
>40% of college teachers are as well
Ftfy
>>
>>3108352
It's fucked. Everyone with a degree from 2018 or onwards has been taught nearly exclusively by ideological lunatics who think history should be changed to be nicer to "oppressed" groups, no matter what the facts are. Hopefully our great grandchildren will look at what they've been told, realize how retarded it all is, and burn anything written post-2000.
>>
>>3106696
At least he was consistent then
>>
>>3104751

There was a girl in my middle school history class who would always make really naïve comments. When the teacher said that there were British soldiers who died from a tornado during the war of 1812, she asked how the Americans made the tornado hit them.
>>
File: laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif
4MB, 347x244px
Someone asked in my old AP history class
>"What came first the Greeks or the Romans"
>>
>>3108693
>tfw had to skip the evolution part in my science textbook at school

At least I was only in Christian private school for 2 years.

When I went to public school later and my biology teacher was teaching about evolution and even the big bang a lot of students got mad and heckled her. It was strange because it was mostly the kids who got detention a ton and slacked off.
>>
>>3109099
kekd
>>
>>3107013
Well, if we go by the Venona project's declassified files, it's a lot more than a couple people, and McCarthy was more than justified in his zeal. The West was plagued by Soviet spies.

One of my favorite example of this is Janet Foster Zlatovski. She and her husband were caught, and she wrote an autobiography in 1980 where she says she's innocent and smugly tells of all those dumb paranoid Americans, or how the Rosenbergs were brutally sacrificed to appease the masses, among other things. I've seen multiple people bring her up as a good description of America at the time from a "victim" of that era. And then you look into US and Russian archives, and she's identified as part of a spy ring, mostly giving out names of potential blackmail victims to the Soviets.
>>
>>3108722
>>3109443
>the absolute state of American Protestantism

I went from age 6 to 18 to private Catholic schools, run by Jesuits, with mass, catechism, confession and pilgrimages mandatory, strict rules, uniform, etc. And I was taught about all the topics that are apparently controversial in America. The Big Bang, evolution, we even had sex ed (though parents could have their kid opt out, and at the end of the class they did remind us that best contraception will always be abstinence). Private Catholic schools are generally considered as far, far better than public education here and even non-religious parents have their children go there. They provide an excellent education, instill morals in kids, and in the case of Jesuit schools they have a particular focus on Humanities that has been lost elsewhere.
>>
File: 1401991298782.jpg (64KB, 538x482px) Image search: [Google]
1401991298782.jpg
64KB, 538x482px
>>3104751
>teacher talks about the hundred years war
>some guy asks why they didn't buy tanks
>>
>>3106975
So was he American?

Cause I could understand that if he was like Nigerian, or Caribbean or something.
>>
>>3107306
Entirely accurate.
>>
>Montezuma died because somebody threw a rock through his window and it hit him in the head
>>
>>3105478
What
>>
>>3108693
An ancient city in the supposed location of Sodom and Gomorrah was excavted recently.
>>
File: 1492984504592.jpg (61KB, 696x442px) Image search: [Google]
1492984504592.jpg
61KB, 696x442px
>>3106696
>>
>>3104758
Why is it bad for gravity to be "mythical" if you're supporting a spiritual outlook on the world?
>>
File: pickett_gb.png (88KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
pickett_gb.png
88KB, 207x239px
>>3106696
>>
>>3104963
how would they get bodyfat if they starved them?
your teacher was a retard
>>
Hitler was elected dictator
>>
>>3110037
Was he ever not just the elected President?

What makes him a dictator rather than a leader of a country we were at war with?

Actually interested
>>
>1st year University course
>Someone asks "Was Pearl harbour WW2 or Vietnam?"
>She was American
Also had an "Irish" kid from Boston who didn't realize Northern Ireland was a thing/separate entity and an American guy who thought Hong Kong was the capital of China. Say all you want about the leafs but they haven't pulled this shit
>>
>>3104758
Spherecucks fucking destroyed
>>
>>3110316
He was appointed Prime-Minister as part of a deal for his party to join the government coalition. After that, laws were changed so that he would remain in power.
>>
>>3110444
So he was a legitimate dictator. Can't go changing the laws mid-term really
>>
File: IMG_0430.png (420KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0430.png
420KB, 1200x1200px
>>3108144
>greater China
>>
"Woodie Gunthrie invented using music to tell stories"
t.11th grade APUSH teacher
>>
>>3105520
>Was it after the Opium War that Mao took over?
Well... yes
>>
File: eric andre show.gif (1MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
eric andre show.gif
1MB, 480x320px
>>3110624

Literally every song ever written is telling some kind of story.

Except AxCx, that's just autistic screeching.
>>
File: 1468135392021.jpg (18KB, 480x712px) Image search: [Google]
1468135392021.jpg
18KB, 480x712px
>>3104751
>Be me in 9th grade
>Last day in world history
>Teacher asks us if there is anything that we want to know more of
>Girl asks why did the Greeks invade the Romans
>mfw.
>>
>>3105000
>nice trips
He's probably talking about the time when the U.S. congress band slave trade outside the U.S.
Which means the American slave owners still had a large demand of slaves in the south. so some southerners got the idea to raid northern states for free black people and force them into slavery kinda like how human trafficking is today.
But as far as Africa is concerned it was blacks selling blacks to whites.
>>
File: 1496820055677.png (199KB, 941x887px) Image search: [Google]
1496820055677.png
199KB, 941x887px
>american education
>>
>>3106676

My mom warned me about neo nazis attacking people with brown hair and eyes while in family trip to germany late 90s. When i asked about it years later she defended saying she learned it in school.
>>
>>3109099
>she asked how the Americans made the tornado hit them.
God bless America and smite the invading scum.
>>
>>3110662
Ever heard of phyrrus you mong
>>
File: mo (1).jpg (65KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
mo (1).jpg
65KB, 720x960px
Islam is a religion of peace
>>
>>3111270
Back to lleddit
>>
In first year I had a girl who literally never knew the Soviet Union existed
>>
>>3104751
>Normandy was another name for Norway
>So D-Day happened in Norway
>>
>>3106299
I didn't know that the holy roman empire was a separate thing until i came to this board
>>
>>3106730
>Not being as tall as people who are handpicked for their size is somehow being a manlet.
Okay
>>
>>3107203
Considering that the most important part of the empire lasted more than a millenia after the adoptation of christianity I can't see how anyone could take that argument seriously. It would be like saying that the expulsion of the Etruscan kings from Rome lead to the fall of WRE.
>>
>>3107962
Fellow NCfag can confirm :^)
>>
several people thought that gallipoli was either: 1) in australia, 2) the galapagos islands, after 6 months of ANZAC centered WW1 education
>>
>Its another HURR Americans so dum guise thread
>>
File: b8.png (22KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
22KB, 500x399px
>>3104758
exquisite
>>
>>3107261
>>believes wholly in environmental determinism, refuses to acknowledge the role of religion, culture, etc. In world history

This is the best pleb filter desu
>>
>>3107798
Ebba, is that you?
>>
>>3106958
I'm spanish and the meme is very extended here too.
>>
>>3109836
What location?
>>
>>3108362
Bro alabama is one of the worst states in the country shit kids in south central probably got better educatiom than you did in your "top school in the state"
>>
>talking about Anatolia, it's mentioned that today it's Turkey but turks only arrived there during the middle ages
>"I know, it was the ottomans that lived there back then!"
>>
>nobody knew the world was round until Columbus
>communism is the opposite of democracy
>>
>>3111266
She was talking about the fall of Rome
But yeah i haven't heard about Pyrrhus I'll go do some research over him.
>>
>>3104963
Fuck I love Annie man
>>
File: 1493015695675.jpg (13KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
1493015695675.jpg
13KB, 512x287px
> first day of apush
> which theater will we be focusing on
>>
File: srsly.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>3105455
>valid victorian
>>
>>3112877
He was a greek king from Epirus who came to Italy when the romans were attacking the greeks of South Italy. The term pyrrhic victory cames from him, who was considered to be a great general and always defeated the romans but his losses were so great that he had to eventually retreat.
>>
It makes me rather mad how absolutely biased American high schools are about the Nazi's rise to power.
There was none, absolutely zero mention of the role of Communists in the Weimar Republic. No mention of their Spartacist Uprising, no mention of Rosa Luxemburg, no Roterfront Kampfbund, zero to do with the leftist violence that made the right wing reactionaries gather support.

It was literally just "Jews were a scapegoat pulled out of a hat and Nazis bullied their way to power :("

And I took a yearlong class called "studies in genocide" that went over the Holocaust for half the year.
>>
>>3104758

if gravity doesn't keep us glued to a ball what keeps us glued to the flat earth instead?
>>
>>3108211
awful fucking meme
jump in a woodchipper
>>
>>3108362
Madison?
>>
>>3108352
Please stop with ignorant shit like this.
Postmodernism has been the dominant ideology for 75 years. It's not new. It's not rising. It's older than your grandparents.
The relativity of truth is not responsible for people being ignorant dumbasses. People being ignorant dumbasses are responsible for people being ignorant dumbasses.
All this shit is the same as it ever was.
Stop crying about >muh ruined culture just because you had to sit next to some fat SJW on the bus once and xhe smelled
>>
>>3109714
He was American. I'm 99% sure he had been living in the South his entire life.
>>
>>3112366
I doubt that.

Alabama gets a little more shit than it deserves. It may very well be true that Alabama is the dumbest, most incestuous, racist state, but people who make fun of the state usually blow these things out of proportion.
>>
>>3113230
Yeah lmao
Go Jets
>>
>>3113803
This.
No matter what state you're from, there is a sizeable chunk of it that's every bit as backwoods and inbred as you think Alabama is.
If you don't believe me, drive around the Northeast and count how many trucks you find with Confederate flags on them.
Our conflict isn't North vs. South, it's one of social class.
>>
>>3109276
I had something similar happen in my AP History class but we gave that guy the pass because he was in 8 classes and was sleep deprived to the max.
>>
>>3113078
Are their any good books or documentaries over Pyrrhic?
>>
>>3113923
An anon recommended Petros Garoufalias' Pyrrhos: King of Epirus. But Jeff Champion also has a book I've heard good things about.
>>
>>3107909
t. Roy Bryant
>>
File: 1462809495547.jpg (172KB, 1518x828px) Image search: [Google]
1462809495547.jpg
172KB, 1518x828px
>>3104758
>>
>>3107256
Source?
>>
File: 1500575313268.jpg (24KB, 170x271px) Image search: [Google]
1500575313268.jpg
24KB, 170x271px
>>3104963
Shit you got something my man. Nice job
>>
>>3105520
Not not wrong
>>
>>3107634
You do you fampai
>>
>>3113841
So a confederate flags isn't a symbol of resistance to the federal government but is instead a sign that your inbred, poor, ignorant, and "racist"? Nice job listening to Jewish media propaganda.
>>
>>3112960
shes the best
>>
>>3106851
I don't get the whole "hussar charge tank" meme. The light brigade happened around a century before and that's basically the same thing
>>
>>3114053
>So a confederate flags isn't a symbol of resistance to the federal government

Even the people with confederate flags on their trucks don't believe this...
>>
>>3107243
Can confirm. Until I was in high school I thought all of Europe was a backwards shit hole. When I was in elementary school I thought the US was the only country with electricity or modern technology
>>
>>3107256
I did ap courses and it felt like a run through instead of in depth. Also the teachers are hardcore left. Some are pretty cool but sometimes you really see the bias and it's annoying
>>
>>3107288
Of all things
>>
File: around.png (550KB, 1435x1253px) Image search: [Google]
around.png
550KB, 1435x1253px
>Ian Smith was the bad guy, Mugabe dind nuffin wrong!
>UN it really works!
>>
>>3114143
How does it feel to be so wrong. Someday you will mature.
>>
While talking about the first synagogs in Amsterdam around 1600-1700
>why where there no mosques ? Where they rascist or what
>>
File: am i retarded.jpg (46KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
am i retarded.jpg
46KB, 665x574px
>>3114220
Are you saying that be racist is worst than kill 20,000 civilians?
>>
>>3114265
wew
>>
>>3108822
This is what /pol/ actually believes
>>
>>3108211
obligatory.
>holy
>roman
>empire.
>>
>>3110037
tbf the plebiscite on combining chancellor and president could be seen that way.
>>
>>3105415
The original plan was to push east and capture the Suez Canal and then push on to the oil fields in Iran and link up with German forces heading south from Rumania. When it became obvious that would never happen it turned into a sideshow.
>>
>>3114335
More like what the redpilled actually know cuck
>>
>>3108211
Fuck off Voltaire, Your ideas were shit and they've caused nothing but suffering on the long term. You should have made watches with your swiss pa
>>
>>3113480
t. fat SJW xho smells like shit
>>
>>
>>3110316
He was a dictator because he was a non-monarch who had absolute power.
Just like in Rome (although they had very strict terms).
>>
File: israelpepe.png (834KB, 1514x1010px) Image search: [Google]
israelpepe.png
834KB, 1514x1010px
I went to a Jesuit university and had a Father as a World History I teacher. Basically, he said:

>the inquisition wasn't that bad
>and the catholic church hated it, we dindu nuffin wrong

Jesuits have always been lying about shit. Jesuits lied to Ethiopian Jews, telling them that the messiah had come and that all Jews believe in Jesus. They also tried the same shit with the Chinese Jews.

Funny thing is, IT NEVER WORKED! They'd get, at most, like a fraction of the indigenous Jewish population to play with their games while the rest told them to fuck off. Even Jews, in the shittiest of conditions, with no prior knowledge of the Catholic Church, can sense the bullshit a mile away.
>>
File: 1500310098145.jpg (43KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
1500310098145.jpg
43KB, 699x637px
>>3114633
>>
>>3114643
True story: I went to a Loyola University.
>>
>>3114651
Good for you. If that is indeed true, you should know better than this.

Also inquisition did very little wrong
>>
>Cleopatra was black
>Hitler wanted to conquer the entire earth
>Romans were a tolerant multicultural society
>Sicilians are dark skinned because of African admixture
>Jesus didn't exist
>Hitler was Jewish and self hating
>The Soviets didn't commit any war crimes
>Terrorism only exists because of western intervention
>>
Did anyone else here only get small redpills throughout their school experience? I remember a few things people had said that kinda shook my whole world view while growing up:

In fifth grade music class my teacher said that the Indians treated the pilgrims unfairly too. This was news to me since I thought they were always peaceful.

On a seventh grade field trip to a Confederate fort, a tour guide was wearing a Civil War era Confederate belt buckle, which through me off because they were the bad guys in the war. He told us that the war had nothing to do with slavery. It was to do with "money and power." Though this may not be true, it helped me realize that the Civil War was much more nuanced than I had assumed.

In 9th grade world history when we were going over the Civil War, I learned that Abraham Lincoln didn't have any intention of freeing the slaves when he became president, but after the war had started he eventually made the Emancipation Proclamation to garner international support. This also shook my world view.
>>
>>3107575
Do you have more stories
>>3108822
Your teacher was right, it's just you who is delusional and biased af
>African troops fought for Europe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senegalese_Tirailleurs
>>
>>3115320
Here an extract of the declaration of causes from Mississippi:

>In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.
>Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. >That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.
>Utter subjugation awaits us in the Union, if we should consent longer to remain in it. It is not a matter of choice, but of necessity. We must either submit to degradation, and to the loss of property worth four billions of money, or we must secede from the Union framed by our fathers, to secure this as well as every other species of property.
>>
>>3115596
Yeah, I understand that the South seceded mostly because of slavery. But I'm pretty sure that's because they thought Abraham Lincoln wanted to end slavery, when that was just an idea he threw around during the campaign. I heard that once he was president, he wasn't really planning on going through with it. Also, Abraham declared war for national unity more than for the freedom of slaves. Or... at least this is stuff that I've heard.

Also, another thing that makes the Civil War morally grey is that a lot of those who wanted to free the slaves wanted to send them back to Africa, but people like Robert E. Lee thought that the Africans had it better as slaves than in Africa. So, it's not like every Confederate's intentions were bad.
>>
File: images(1).jpg (3KB, 132x92px) Image search: [Google]
images(1).jpg
3KB, 132x92px
>>3105466
He needs to die in a fire
>>
File: 1499401867544.png (76KB, 982x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1499401867544.png
76KB, 982x1274px
Jesus was the first feminist.
>>
>The Romans killed Jesus not the Jews
This one is technically true, but if you're teaching about Jesus, you should at least mention the involvement the Jews had in his death according to the Scriptures. Of course, the teacher should mention that a lot of the Scriptures aren't reliable historical sources.

>tfw this was actually from a John Green video the teacher showed us
>but it wasn't a teacher, it was a professor
>>
>>3114633
Except the jesuits and the inquisition did hate each other.
>>
Got taught that capitalism was inherently evil, communism is the truth that is repressed by the government, and that socialism is controlled opposition
>>
>>3114097
Wut, really? How did your reasoning go? Was it something akin to "since all I've heard about Romania is the stereotypic vampires and fearful villagers that must mean that that's how the whole country is to this day."
Granted, Romania might not be the best example but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>3108786
Jesus Christ no.
>>
>>3114265
Really?
>>
>>3115644
How did this reasoning go?
>>
File: fullsizeoutput_175.jpg (164KB, 600x716px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizeoutput_175.jpg
164KB, 600x716px
>>3113951
Thanks Anon
>>
File: chrome_2017-07-20_23-02-18.png (789KB, 1582x911px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-07-20_23-02-18.png
789KB, 1582x911px
>>3104751
>the Titanic was the largest ship that ever existed
>the captain famously said "Not even God could sink this ship" before God showed him who's boss
>>
>>3106299
>People pinning the Great Depression entirely on Hoover
I have no idea why but it seemed like whoever wrote my old high school history book had some kind of extreme vendetta against Hoover. The author(s) practically pin the whole thing on him.
>>
As an ausfag:

>Captain Cook was killed by aboriginals, as they thought he was a ghost for his white skin
>middle school (the equivalent of one, fourth year) said this, repeated the fact sternly, with a straight face
>>
>>3106730
He wasn't a manlet, he was noticeably taller than the average Frenchman in 1800
>>
File: Flag_of_Prussia_(1892-1918).svg.png (85KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Prussia_(1892-1918).svg.png
85KB, 800x480px
>>3105049
Preußen
>>
>>3107203
There's no logical reason to think Christianity had anything to do with political turmoil, general economic collapse over centuries, and barbarian invasions.
>>
"African slaves built the London subway"
>>
>>3106202
>what is the best argument against this?
Columbus sailed west looking for Asia. If it was illegal then why would he have been patronized by a Catholic monarch??
>>
My HS teacher told me that the Zimmerman Telegram was made by the British to drag the US into WW1.

aka muh krauts dindunuffin

She was a leftist too so dunno what's up

She also told us that if we voted for Bush in 2004 we were all gonna get drafted and forced to fight in Iraq
>>
File: chrome_2017-07-21_00-27-33.png (14KB, 1622x58px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-07-21_00-27-33.png
14KB, 1622x58px
>>3116442
>made by the British to drag the US into WW1

That's what people at the time thought, but then for some bizarre reason Zimmerman publicly stated it was authentic.
>>
>>3106590
LOL
literally the same thing multiple times in elementary.
>>
>>3107256
>We were taught literally every front
In my HS we were taught just about everything post-Civil War ad nauseam (with a healthy dose of American propaganda), only one year in both middle and high school did we cover pre-modern history. I didn't even know what Gaul was until I played Rome TW, and it came out my sophomore year.
>>
>>3106676
I was told Hitler would have gassed me because I had red hair when I was like 8 or 9.
>>
>>3104751
A kid in my history class in high school thought that the Spartans and Aztecs were the same because they were both warlike cultures. Literally everyone laughed at him (teacher included). Mind you, this kid was DUMB.
>>
>>3116339
Because the monarch is above the law.
>>
>>3113127
It's acceleration upwards at a speed of 9.98m/s^2
>>
>>3106202
Save yourself the trouble and ask them for any evidence of it being illegal
>>
>late 19th century British in Africa enslaved the africans
>>
>>3105030
>>3105000
Really, would you rather go trekking through the African landscape to catch them yourselves, or buy the prisoners of the warring African tribes.

Them buying the slaves in exchange for money and weapons, encouraged the warring African states to fight more and get even more slaves. Some crimes that were originally punishable by other means were changed to be punished with slavery.
>>
>>3106202
Point out that one of the most common motifs of royalty in antiquity and the middle ages was the Orb, symbolising the world.
>>
>>3104751
Worst thing I ever encountered was the students who would ask questions without any interest in an answer, but instead to stump the Teacher or argue the logic of what happened.
Thing I hated the most is when a student would say that something that happened was stupid or they failed to understand the historical perspective or lack of knowledge.
>>
>Russia is currently a communist state
I got this one a lot. From teachers and students.
>>
>>3106730
As others have pointed out. He wasn't a manlet, he was average height for that time or slightly taller. But he surrounded himself with handpicked guards who were required to be a certain height.
>>
I had a friend that literally thought Japan declared war on us because we nuked pearl harbor.
>>
File: Sicilians niggers.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sicilians niggers.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
>>3114782
>>
>>3114782
Aren't Sicilians that way because of Arabs and shit
>>
>>3107188
Thats kinda true though. North and South America were barely involved in any fighting, South America especially. Literally only ONE battle happened there, and it involved no South American nations.
>>
File: time to leave.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
time to leave.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>3104758
>someone spent time writing this
>>
>>3110636
What story is "Ass 'nd Titties" by DJ Assault telling?
>>
>>3113480
>It's not rising.

It's reached critical levels.

>It's older than your grandparents.

Sure, if your grandparents are babyboomers.

>Stop crying about >muh ruined culture just because you had to sit next to some fat SJW on the bus once and xhe smelled

"Stop crying about the decline of western civilization you bigot! Every is fine. Pay no attention to recent history."
>>
>>3113803
Alabama has a higher average IQ than California.
>>
>>3106202
Point out that round Earth was known pretty early on and that they are probably confusing flat Earth with geocentrism.
>>
>>3118485
>Alabama has a higher average IQ than California.

Prove it with actual evidence
>>
>>3118470
>decline of western civilization
>recent history
Recent history has the collapse of the soviet union, the expansion of NATO, and an American global hegemony. The West is at its peak, my dude.
>>
>>3116442
>She also told us that if we voted for Bush in 2004 we were all gonna get drafted and forced to fight in Iraq

In hindsight this obviously didn't happen but it was a legitimate concern at the time.
It very easily could have happened.
>>
>>3118557
>at its peak
>inviting millions of 3rd world immigrants because your own people are below replacement rate fertility
pick only one
>>
>Sweden was the most evil country in Europe 300 years ago, they used illegal crossed bullets that would explode upon im pact
>Old Sweden never took prisoners, they butchered everyone
>If you missed a prayer, you were executed
>Everybody was poor because the kings spent everything on the military
>We need white guilt because we had a brief colony in North America
>>
>>3118568
>It very easily could have happened.
lolno.

In the first Gulf War, Iraq had the 4th largest military on Earth. We crushed them in a few weeks, only a few hundred casualties on our side. Iraq was far weaker, and we were far stronger by round 2. Iraq never stood a chance.
>>
File: 1483908852805.png (121KB, 553x585px) Image search: [Google]
1483908852805.png
121KB, 553x585px
>>3104758
Bait that has ascended past bait to become ultra-bait
>>
>>3118595
False dichotomy
>>
>>3118595
And I'm sure you, as a sexually active member of your race, are doing aaaaall you can to raise the fertility rate
>>
>>3118604
Well of course they didn't. The war in the traditional sense was over in like a month.
But the occupation lasted until the Obama administration and required way more resources of every kind, especially manpower.
Dubya could have very easily decided Iraq would never stabilize without an even larger troop surge and called up a draft.
>>
>>3107256
For the love of God, source
>>
>>3118595
>wahhhh why are there brown people in my country
>>
>>3104751
G*rmans had coloured cameras while Soviets had only black-white
>>
>>3118659
The war was wildly unpopular, a draft was impossible.
>>
>>3118697
Tell that to Vietnam
>>
>>3106676
He's not lying, this happened in my middle school too. Except instead of telling the minorites that Hitler would have killed them, the teacher killed them herself, citing a need to 'keep the blood pure'. That was a wild day.
>>
>>3107256
I'm from Pennsylvania and went to a school that was in the upper third of schools in the state. Our social science classes were genuinely amazing. I'm sure that history is poorly taught on average across the country but my classes were all very well taught with little to no bias. Most of the stories in this thread aren't true or are the exception
>>
>>3104751
In 10th grade English class my teacher was telling students that in ww2 the SS were Soviet soldiers, I explained to her that SS were actual Nazis but she didn't seem to care. Idk if I'm more disappointed that she didn't know the difference or that i went by her class later and she was still teaching information she knew was wrong
>>
>>3106590
This happened at least twice for me
>>
>>3118834
A lot of the other things in this thread I can see as general ignorance and common mistakes.

How the actual fuck is this woman breathing?
>>
>>3118763
Yes, bring up the war that basically killed conscription in America, that'll really shore up your point.
>>
>>3106676
He is not. I've gotten similar, and have heard plenty of stories of that exactly.
>>
>>3104751
9th grade
>Vietnam War = American Warcrimes and that's it
>The most important part of the 20th century was all the various civil rights movements
>The Soviets had the moral high ground

11th grade
>Howard Zinn is a good source and the *only* one used
>>
>>3118884
I'm glad you have confidence in that.
I really hope you're right.
>>
>>3118813
I'm >>3118932
I went to two different MI high schools, one was in the top 10% for MI, the other was in the top 10 total for the US while I was there.

I agree a lot of these are extreme, but going to a good school means fuck all here and I'd imagine there's quite a few of us who went to good schools and just had shitty teachers/retarded classmates.
>>
>>3118568
People like Rumsfeld wanted the draft but it was never realistically going to pass through congress. Ironically the only one to attempt to introduce a draft reinstatement bill was a Democrat who wanted did it as a protest against the war. Nothing ever came of it because both sides knew that it would be insanely unpopular.
>>
>>3107909
it's funny because your image describes your post
>>
>>3114143
>/pol/
>MLP fanart
kill yourself underage b&
>>
>>3111732
by Rome they're obviously referring to the western part
>>
>>3110532
still not in the south
>>
File: IMG-20170719-WA0033.jpg (73KB, 620x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170719-WA0033.jpg
73KB, 620x406px
>>3109443
U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A
>>
>>3104751
>Women should be given more attention in history
>>
>>3120328
We can't keep getting away with it.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.