[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the point of God depriving people of the gospel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: I-Will-Remind-Them.jpg (44KB, 736x568px) Image search: [Google]
I-Will-Remind-Them.jpg
44KB, 736x568px
What is the point of God depriving people of the gospel?
>>
>>3103310
I think the idea is that the default state of man is "damned to hell", and that honestly the people deprived of the gospel are still really fucking lucky it exists at all because God is under absolutely no obligation whatsoever to grant salvation to anyone, but out of sheer benevolence he bestowed the ultimate gift to the denizens of a certain area.

An idea I had recently is that maybe the idea is that the whole story of man's salvation is "embarrassing" to God. He goes and creates this beautiful universe ruled by laws and creates these great, rational children, but then those children go on to spit on his laws. What he ought to do is abide by the laws and let them subsequently go to hell but the fool found himself attached to them in a Pygmalion-esque way and so came up with this mass act of bullshit to provide them an arbitrary get-out-of-hell free card; the "ultimate sacrifice" he supposedly made by doing this was actually his reputation off in Logos land or wherever, not just being crucified.

[spoiler]atheist btw[/spoiler]
>>
>>3103393
>atheist btw

Oh I figured you were a Calvinist based on all that ;^)
>>
>>3103393
>I think the idea is that the default state of man is "damned to hell", and that honestly the people deprived of the gospel are still really fucking lucky it exists at all because God is under absolutely no obligation whatsoever to grant salvation to anyone, but out of sheer benevolence he bestowed the ultimate gift to the denizens of a certain area.
That's basically Calvin's argument.
>>
>>3103310
He doesn't exist.
>>
>>3103454
I kind of went out of my way to try and convince myself of that after losing some sleep on this matter.
>>
>>3103414
How can people pretend to be Christians but not be Calvinists then?
>>
>>3103492
Different groups come up with different answers. Most will do some version of one of two things: 1.) suggest that in fact, those unreached people who, had they been presented with the gospel, would have been converted, and therefore God takes this into account.
Or 2.) Throw up their hands and basically say, "we don't know." "Don't ask us." "Look! A bunny!"

That's a really abbreviated version, and there are other schemes, but the key is that the question is either not asked, or some sort of "leeway" or "salvation/baptism of desire" is imagined. Or some form of universalism.
>>
>>3103492
How can people believe the bible is a coherent work. Regardless of the religious system, people believe whatever they will
>>
>>3103516
Personally I'm a purgatorial universalist. There are some creature like Satan compounding their evil they will never be saved. Us poor schmucks 2000 years in the fire (ainos and ainos)ought to do. Its still unimaginably horrific but not entirely hopeless.
>>
>>3103517
The most incoherent parts are the Jewish parts
>>
>>3103524
hell is probably just a cold lonely place where the agony is that God loves you and you don't reciprocate
>>
>>3103527
Yeah but they are in there all the same.
>>
>>3103524
Your hope is Jesus dummy. Repent and be saved
>>
>>3103850
I don't consider probationary chance-based hope to be any kind of hope at all. To be honest I'm just too much of a dick to be considered for election before billions of other people.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.