[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colonial Governments versus Post Colonial Governments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: images (4).jpg (12KB, 196x257px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
12KB, 196x257px
Would you say its fair that the governments of many post colonial states mirrored the colonial governments placed on them. Meaning low representation and primarily focused on resource extraction at the cost of the of the majority of the population. It seems to me that is true, but the colonial goverments lacked the resources and expertise to do this properly.
>>
>>3102454
Also, the picture is just a funny post colonial one and not to be the center of attention he was a little after the point im thinkong of
>>
Depends.

Mumbutu copied divide and conquer techniques and focused on extraction of wealth.

Nacruma actually spent a ton of money on factories and power generation for Ghana. He got scammed by developers though and most projects failed miserably.

There are other instances of post colonial leaders trying to rapidly industrialize but they didn't have the capacity to do it.
>>
>>3102473
I think it unfair to talk of governments like they are one man affairs, even strongman dictators. Also Nkrumah may have had different goals, but his government wound being just as exrractive as any other post colonial. And Mobotu's regime did in many way mirror the Belgum one except a little more cult of personality centered arround Mobotu.
>>
>>3102502
>>
>>3102454
it´s like they have no choice, they have to build a modern national state on the fly and leave tribal customs behind to suit to new economic models
>>
>>3103091
Well i mean it often wasnt a matter of choice, but a matter of what is possible with their resources and what they can get done.
>>
>>3103406
their educated classes were educated in Europe, either in their metropolitan countries or Moscow
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.