[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>allies fight communist invasion therefore they are the good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: M46_tiger_paint.png (509KB, 920x430px) Image search: [Google]
M46_tiger_paint.png
509KB, 920x430px
>allies fight communist invasion therefore they are the good guys
>plenty of tank warfare
>nascent jet engines
>dogfights in mig alley
>part of the world barely mentioned

Why is the Korean war so rarely heard of when it's based as fuck?
>>
>>3101507
It's called the forgotten war for a reason. And honestly both sides did some pretty fucked up shit. Not only did the commies commit atrocities, the South Korean regime killed hundreds of thousands of suspected leftists and communists. I.e. dissidents against the ROK.
>>
>>3101507
>plenty of tank warfare
Only in the opening stages. Korea is too mountainous for tanks to be really effective.

t. grad student who's written a few papers over Korean War military industry
>>
>>3101507
Because it's overshadowed by WW2 on one chronological end and Vietnam on the other.
>>
>>3101522
>t. grad student who's written a few papers over Korean War military industry
Would it be possible to see any of them? I'm not in academia about it, but I'm an interested amateur in WW2 military production, and I'd actually be very interested in how much had changed over 5 years between the tail end of that and Korea, but I've never really gotten around to seriously looking. At the very least, are there any books you'd recommend on the subject?
>>
File: George_Andrew_Davis.jpg (36KB, 527x662px) Image search: [Google]
George_Andrew_Davis.jpg
36KB, 527x662px
My favourite part about Korea would probably be the MiG madness
>many pilots would take big risks with fuel just to prolong their span in the combat zone
George Davis was fucking insane.
>>
>>3101558
Sure, what's a good email to send 'em too?
>>
>>3101567
[email protected]
>>
>>3101567
Mind sending them to me, too?
[email protected]
>>
>>3101581
Okay cool, my laptop's getting repaired (I'm on my fiance's right now), but I should be able to get them to you soon.

I didn't look at war production per se, but I was looking at economic policy, so there is some economic gobledegook.
>>
>>3101585
I can do that.
>>
>>3101589
That's cool. I'll take more or less anything. Thanks dude, we need more posters like you on /his/
>>
>>3101507
I don't know if you want to call it "based" because we didn't really win or lose the war to begin with. My grandpa was in the marines and it was a blessing that he behaved while on base in San-Francisco otherwise he would have been sent off to the front and lord knows if he would have been killed, wounded or taken prisoner by the communists. The Chinese could be brutal but the North Koreans treated our POWs like garbage, they were horrible to POWs.
>>
Read up on the Turkish brigade

Shit's based as fuck. Watched a documentary about this one turk squad and this one korean orphan loli and how they reunited after like 60 years.

Literally cried like a bitch
>>
>>3101507
The American government would rather forget the sacrifices their soldiers made then let it come to light they used biological weapons.
>>
>>3101507
Nobody has a vested interest in history that isn't anti-western.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.