[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would the current Century be described later on in history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: world%20map2[1].jpg (86KB, 625x428px) Image search: [Google]
world%20map2[1].jpg
86KB, 625x428px
How would the current Century be described later on in history?
>>
>>3099820
>The 21st century is a decade and a half in so far.
>"How would the current Century be described later on in history?"
>>
>>3099828
up until now of course
>>
>>3099849
>9/11
>war in the Middle East
>2008 recession
>refugee crisis
>rising right
That's how it would be described. A better description would be "a lot a Muslims are about to Jews 2.0"
>>
>>3099820
The time when people finally realised the dangers of climate change but were too greedy to do anything against it
>>
>>3099820
"the age of pissing about"

t. Karl Pilkington
>>
>>3099828
The century is like 17.6% over mate.
>>
>>3101217
kek

>>3099820
So far I think this century is about 1) reaping the consequences of interventionist foreign policy (active terrorist cells, refugee crises, even a degree of political instability at home) and 2) the degradation of personal liberties in the West thanks to no longer having to prove ourselves superior to the Soviet Union (TSA, mass surveillance, internet censorship, decline of wages, wiping out of middle class, etc.).
>>
>>3099828

Bad things:
>dot-com crash, enron, 2001 recession
>9/11, war on terror
>dumbass war in Iraq
>other sporadic terrorist attacks throughout Europe and America (London, Madrid)
>giant 2008 recession
>ISIS
>political polarization
>seeming dramatic uptick in terrorism, Paris in particular comes to mind
>global warming
>Obama gutting NASA

Good things:
>amazing advances in medicine (particularly cancer drugs)
>invention of very small computers (smartphones, tablets, etc.)
>self-driving vehicles
>3-d printing
>absolute poverty ($1 a day kinda shit) nearly eradicated
>dank memes
>>
>>3099820
"Brave New World" in reality.

Less than two decades in 21st century and we already got legalization of drug abused, fag marriage, rampant lgbt propaganda and promiscuity, demoralize family institutes and religions, and genome editing. What do you think what's going to happen? I presume Huxley will be very "happy" to see the fictions in his novel become real...
>>
>>3099820
>And though one be right in saying of a sluggard that he is "killing time" yet in respect of an age that rests its salvation on public opinion,—that is, on private laziness,—one must be quite determined that such a time shall be "killed," once and for all: I mean that it shall be blotted from life's true History of Liberty. Later generations will be greatly disgusted, when they come to treat the movements of a period in which no living men ruled, but shadow-men on the screen of public opinion; and to some far posterity our age may well be the darkest chapter of history, the most unknown because the least human. I have walked through the new streets of our cities, and thought how of all the dreadful houses that these gentlemen with their public opinion have built for themselves, not a stone will remain in a hundred years, and that the opinions of these busy masons may well have fallen with them. But how full of hope should they all be who feel that they are no citizens of this age! If they were, they would have to help on the work of "killing their time," and of perishing with it,—when they wish rather to quicken the time to life, and in that life themselves to live.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.