[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the War of the Roses nearly as interesting as Game of Thrones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: hith-wars-of-roses-istock-E.jpg (169KB, 686x385px) Image search: [Google]
hith-wars-of-roses-istock-E.jpg
169KB, 686x385px
Was the War of the Roses nearly as interesting as Game of Thrones?
>>
>>3099727

Yes. Although GoT is a mishmash of the Wars of the Roses and the Anarchy, at least for the first few seasons/books. It's now firmly it's own thing.
>>
>>3099737
>It's now firmly it's own thing.
Yeah a pile of shit
>>
>>3099748

You're so cool and edgy.
>>
it is more interesting, reality is more creative than any author
>>
File: fedora-cape.jpg (41KB, 350x463px) Image search: [Google]
fedora-cape.jpg
41KB, 350x463px
>>3099760
ikr

Does my cape fit well?
>>
Not even British, but I find the War of the Roses fascinating.

But more than that in the context of the Middle-ages you have to look at it as a massive dynastic struggle not only in England, but you have to include the 100 years war. This is the way Shakespeare saw it, and that the overthrowing of Richard II produced a curse in the Plantagenet line, that led to the war of the roses. If you look at it that way its more really a 146 year old war of dynasties battling each other. Asoiaf has nothing on this.

You have also all of these great characters, Edward IV, the kingmaker, Richard III, Elizabeth Woodville, Margaret of Anjou, Richard of York, 3rd Duke of York (basically Ned Stark irl)
>>
>>3099727
"The Princess and the Queen" was gurm's second better attempt at ripping off War of Roses
>>
File: bCWRJx1.jpg (255KB, 1600x1379px) Image search: [Google]
bCWRJx1.jpg
255KB, 1600x1379px
>>3099748

>KEEP WRITING THOSE FUCKING BOOKS GEORGE I DON'T CARE IF WE'RE RUSHING YOU IF YOU WANT TO KEEP RECEIVING OUR CHEAP WHORES THEN YOU WRITE YOU FAT FAGGOT
>>
File: 1490946506484.jpg (37KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490946506484.jpg
37KB, 800x800px
>>3099944
I mean, have you tried to read GoT since the show came out? Its now massively fucked for me man. Reading and seeing the actors and their mannerisms etc
>>
>>3099968

Never read any of the books, watched 30 minutes of the first episode and realised it wasn't for me so stopped.
>>
>>3099983
Good books if you don't mind fiction
>>
>>3099941
I thought that was more based on the anarchy personally.
>>
>>3099944
I've already accepted that he's going to die before finishing the series, we'll probably get one more book but I really doubt we'll get the final one from him.
>>
>>3099991
I read the first book, and I did enjoy it, but I found it really bloated with little unnecessary details and plot points that never pay off. Really put me off continuing to read them.
>>
>>3100002

The characters have parallels with the Wars of the Roses, as does the idea of separate families fighting for control and shifting loyalties, but the way the fighting is described with everyone besieging each other and ravaging the countryside, is closer to the Anarchy.

Blackwater Bay is clearly a take on the 1471 siege of London and the battle of the Bells is Saint Albans.
>>
>>3100005
He's 68 man. Got at least 10 good years in him. At least

>>3100008
Eh I mean it is bloated a bit. A lot of that stuff will actually pay off down the line however

idk going back and trying to re-read from the start is tragic because it goes out of its way to paint some storybook picture and its a brutal harrowing story
>>
>>3100033

He's morbidly obese that knocks a good 20 years off your life expectancy.
>>
>>3100044
I mean he's a jolly looking fella but idk man. I mean probably the truth? 4000 pages written and needing 2000 to make 2 books. Just trying to put it all together.

Also there's a obvious case to actually scrapping what was panned and creating an entirely new story. This one sold for a lot and the amount of people who would buy a divergent book series would be phenomenal.
>>
Both the Wars of the Roses and Game of Thrones simply demonstrate the inherent superiority of a strong centrally administered bureaucracy such as that of Rome or China to meme-tier feudalism.
>>
>>3099727
Irl is honestly far more interesting than that silly show.
>>
>>3100005
It's kinda impossible to finish. He's too good and has worked himself into a corner. Like wtf is he supposed to do with Bran and the authorian themes and somehow connect that with Danny and her fascist shit.
>>
>>3100044
It depends how long he's been fat. If he ballooned up after making it his arteries and what not should still be okish. If he's been Michael Mooreing himself we're ducked.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.