[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WW2 Metal Detecting - Legal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: is this shit legal yo.jpg (56KB, 630x447px) Image search: [Google]
is this shit legal yo.jpg
56KB, 630x447px
So I have a metal detector and I'm curious about booking a tour for the Courland Pocket which lets people search. My main concern is that it's illegal; I won't book if it's illegal (obviously).

I found this website:
http://battlefielddiggertours.com/visit-the-courland-pocket/

They say they turn in any human remains and report EROW, but I'm a little suspicious. I figure that they're legal just because they're offering tours, which must be on their property.

My plan;
>try to book a tour
>ask them if it's legal
>ask local police if it's legal

Apart from this, I know some people with property that covers most of a USAF base from WW2, which I could go to. But the thought of detecting on a Nazi battlefield is too cool, also with reporting remains to the authorities so they can finally be buried.

My biggest fear is that I book a shady tour with some grave robbing cowards that pose with skulls and laugh, illegal black diggers piss me off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZk4lzlSqZs
>>
>>3096716
Why don't you call up the local police stations and the tour guys before you leave and ask about it before you pack your gear and head out?
>>
It might be better to get in touch with the local or national historical preservation agency. They'll know the laws better than local police will.
>>
>>3096838
>>3096763
I'll be doing both, yeah would be a bad idea to book before this.
>>
>>3096763
I was curious though if anyone knew of a legit, legal battlefield detecting tour company. I know there's a limited market for that, but still, it has to exist somewhere.

Posted for both reasons
>>
>>3096916
You could try getting in touch with a local metal detecting club. They'll know how things work in the area, and will probably be willing to help out another hobbyist.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.