[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aktion T4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Aktion_T4.jpg (908KB, 1109x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Aktion_T4.jpg
908KB, 1109x1528px
What can you tell me about Aktion T4?

What was the extent of its devastation?
>>
Two of my relatives where killed during it.
>>
>>3095503
Tell me more.
>>
File: Emil Rohrer.jpg (14KB, 281x400px) Image search: [Google]
Emil Rohrer.jpg
14KB, 281x400px
>>3095561
Cousin of my grandmother and his uncle were active in a forbidden Catholic organisation "Jugendbund Neudeutschland" and rejected Nazism a little too openly, it seems.
My mother is works in an archive and did research on it, apparently the uncle was genuinely insane (was in a mental hospital before 1933 already), but it isn't clear what was up with the cousin. The cousin behaved so "conspicuous" in church that he was arrested (he once tried to seek refuge in a monastery but was denied) in 1935 and sent to various "mental facilities" were he was abused and beaten. He was sent to Grafeneck on december 5th 1940 together with 21 other "patients", only one of them was ever heard of again. The uncle was sent to Grafeneck on june 3rd 1940 and officially died of a stroke on june 12th, a (((natural cause))), just like 10.654 others.

Pic related is the cousin after he was first sent to a "hospital".
>>
File: Grafeneck.jpg (379KB, 1601x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Grafeneck.jpg
379KB, 1601x1200px
>>3095561
>>3095796
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grafeneck_Euthanasia_Centre

pic related is the facility were 10.654 patients were killed in 1940.
>>
A little memorial for him in Stuttgart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolperstein
>>
>>3095796
I don't understand your use of meme parentheses.
>>
>>3095898
diregard it, I learned one can use parentheses to highlight proper names (that name of the organisation) and with the rest I wanted to emphasize these facilities weren't actually treating patients but mistreating them and considering them as inmates. Sorry.
>>
>>3095859
Currently on Stuttgart. Where exactly is that?
>>
>>3095796
>>3095817
>>3095963
fug DDDDDDDDDD:

That's horrible.

I've heard Aktion T4 referenced many times from (((the usual suspects))), but wasn't aware the degree to which normal civilians were affected by it.

Then again, the western world's track record with the mentally ill during the early 20th century was abysmal. I hardly consider lobotomies and insane asylums much better than what Nazi Germany was prescribing for the mentally defective.
>>
>>3096447
Weimarstraße 17, it's just a little bronze brick in the pavement.
>>
>>3096463
well, they were certainly treated much worse than today, but I still don't know of any other incident where ~200,000 "mentally ill" (not always actually insane people) were murdered in cold blood
>>
>>3096511
I thought the numbers killed officially was 70,000+ killed by the program.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (36KB, 892x332px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
36KB, 892x332px
>>3096647
Yeah, Wikipedia says Aktion T4 murdered ~70,000, just read that number in this other article recently
>>
>>3096674
Well the fact that other articles are showing as many as 200,000 deemed unworthy of lie, i.e. the "mentally ill" were killed shows you that the T4 program was a lot more horrendous compared to the official number cited on Wikipedia.
>>
>>3096692
a little off topic
it must have been hell on earth for the persecuted, I talked to my Grandma recently, and she told me she could hear her sister speak about the Jews from the west who were passed through Berlin in cattle wagons, how they tried to hand on letters outside. (My grandma was a little child so she was sent upstairs when her sister, who was a Red Cross nurse assigned to the train station came home)
>>
>>3096491
thanks mein negger
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.