[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about this man Why is he portrayed as an asshole in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Odanobunaga[1].jpg (19KB, 220x257px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Odanobunaga[1].jpg
19KB, 220x257px
Tell me about this man

Why is he portrayed as an asshole in media?

Seems like a pretty cool dude to me. He got closer to unification than anyone before him, he had the right ideas when it came to justly dividing land between subjects, he didn't give much of a crap about origins but judged his subjects on merit, he built the economy on trade and production rather than agriculture. Now I've only read a little bit, but from what I've seen, he seems like a good guy. Sure, he brutally put down rebellions, but it was the sengoku jidai, it's not like he could afford having the constant threat of rebellion next to his capital as he dealt with it nicely and slowly. Any competent leader would've done the same in his position.
>>
What media? What I've seen of him in Japanese media has been pretty positive, an admirable warrior-king like Alexander.
>>
>>3095083
Didn't he set Buddhist temples on fire?
Plus he was pretty Japanese considering how much he had a fetish for foreign things. Japs are super xenophobic remember.
>>
>>3095095
It varies, sure, but most of what I see is negative. It's common he's portrayed as a demon rising from hell and such.

>>3095102
He did, but it wasn't just a buddhist temple he felt like torching. It was an ikko-ikki (japanese ISIS) hotspot right next to Kyoto that he had already tried dealing with through negotiations, and led two regular military campaigns with previously. The torching was a last resort intended to both remove that major thorn from his side and also send a message.
>>
>>3095083
You have been watching too much anime
>>
Most Japanese consider him a rough dude who ended up doing the right thing for the long term.

In his times people hated his shit because he was one of maybe 5 non retards on the island.
>>
>>3095153
More like nobility wanted to hold on to their power as much as possible.
>>
>>3095102
What >>3095125 said, and there were cases of samurai (including some of his own generals) trying to set him up against the population by burning shrines and blaming it on Oda.
>>
>>3095125
>buddhists ikko-ikki were ISIS

>Ikko-ikki founder was a pacifist and taught pacifism. However he saw the need for self-defense in a world of constant wars that samurai warords created
>Ikko-ikki consisted of peasants/farmers/priests/monks

Doesn't sound like Japanese "ISIS" more like a peasant rise against the nobility and the samurai warlords. Infact it would be anti-ISIS wouldn't it?
>>
Burned down a bunch of monasteries, granted it was justified
>>
>>3095125
>Tendai
>Ikko-Ikki
Wrong, they were allied with the Asakura and Azai who he was having issues with at the time
>>
>>3095083
He publicly expressed atheist opinions
He did not honor traditional hierarchy for the sake of it.
He used his subordinates and did not adequately reward them
He destroyed Buddhist temples which no one else dared to do.
He waged total war in an era when that was not acceptable.
>>
>>3095257
Only one of those is inherently negative
>>
>>3095083
He was autistic like messi

Also a tactical visionary who recognize the arquebus as the a military revolution.

that's pretty much it

>>3095125
>shitting on the ikko-ikki
>>
>>3095175
Do you know a single thing about ISIS apart that they are the bad guys?
>>
>>3097064
Sex slaves
Bombing innocents
Hostages
And the standard Muslim goals like Sharia law and dying as martyr
>>
>>3097077
They are both violent fundamentalist groups of zealots made up out of angry peasants
>>
>>3097010
They are negative within a late sengoku Japanese frame of mind.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.