[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ancient Vietnam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
Redpill me on the Kingdom of Dai Viet /his/, what made it so similar to China yet so different from other countries in the surrounding area?
>>
>>3094045
>what made it so similar to China
It was literally a former province of China that broke away successfully.
>yet so different from other countries in the surrounding area?
It was Chinese-influenced in a SEA filled with Hindu-Islamic retards.
>>
>>3094048
>Hindu-Islamic retards.
Chinese paganism is pretty retarded too
>>
>>3094054
Eeexcept the bit where there is no Dogma, they didn't peddle that shit around with missionaries, have no weird dietary laws against anything, and even does syncretism. The gods demand nothing but some annual sacrifice, so do your ancestor spirits.
>>
>>3094071
Oh I should also add: Zero Clergy.
>>
>>3094054
>>3094071
>>3094092
Stick to the subject, people
>>
File: Hue City.jpg (38KB, 640x245px) Image search: [Google]
Hue City.jpg
38KB, 640x245px
>>3094095
It was already answered in the first post: Vietnam is essentially an East Asian country in SEA.

Imperial Dynasties, Confucianism, Chinky Architecture, filial piety, Chan Buddhist (Thien, in Viet), down to even bits of their cuisine.

Heck, the fucking people themselves, considering some of the Imperial Dynasties of Vietnam were Ethnic Chinese (the Tran, famously).
>>
>>3094045
They were ZHENG'D
Everyone else was GUPTA'D
>>
>>3094113
Ok but is there a diffrence in anything between Imperial China and Vietnam? They couldn't copy everything from China, could they?
>>
>>3094045
2bh Vietnamese people remind me of Cantonese people.
>>
>>3094126
Vietnam had some special laws regarding women iirc. They were quite egalitarian before the adoption of Confucianism but they continued to give women more freedom than China did even after using it.
>>
>>3094045
>what made it so similar to China yet so different from other countries in the surrounding area?

It's literally beside China, not in the middle of Thailand lol.

Vietnam (northern region) was always part of East Asia culturally

Kind of like how North African civilization had more in common with European miditerrainian culture despite being literally in Africa
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.