[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was the wild west really like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

what was the wild west really like?
>>
>>3092268
pretty much lower crime per capita than modern cities
>>
Not really wild at all

every had a fucking job to do and they aren't going to prance around in that heat
>>
File: Donald.png (123KB, 473x348px) Image search: [Google]
Donald.png
123KB, 473x348px
>>3092277
You bet your ass it had lower crime per capita than London, Paris or Philadelphia at that time too.
>>
File: young-larry-david.jpg (14KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
young-larry-david.jpg
14KB, 375x281px
It was wild.
>>
File: i shall bust.jpg (331KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
i shall bust.jpg
331KB, 517x768px
>>3092281
Well put
>>
>>3092268
>what was the wild west really like?

Utterly dominated by massive business entities like mines, railroads, cattle companies.
>>
>>3092277
>>3092268
https://cjrc.osu.edu/research/interdisciplinary/hvd/homicide-rates-american-west

Similar to the crime rates of South America of Today. If you're white, its little less, but if you're non-white, expect lot more crime.
>>
>>3092268
pretty wild, and west
>>
>learn about cowboys
>learn they were literally just people that take care of cattle

the legend of a cowboy is like if an office worker or cashier had a legend to them.
>>
>>3092324
No, cowboys were cattle drovers. They drove cattle to their destination, across very rough and often hostile land. That was pretty dramatic living.
>>
>>3092324
>>3092333
weren't The Cowboys (emphasis on THE) a gang?
>>
>>3092351
They could be pretty ruthless to people they saw as hindering their job. They had a lot of deadly encounters with ranchers and farmers.
>>
>>3092333
>tfw we'll never get a history channel reality show about real cowboys
>>
>>3092333
not really all that hostile

government surveillance was big and they mostly just had to take their cattle to the railroads
>>
Well there was a war between cattle farmers and shepards. Hostile indians who were pushed further west, and highly competitive (even violent) railroad and mining companies who want to dominate the land.
>>
>>3092268
Just like Blood Meridian. Are you happy now?
>>
>>3092268
Lots of mexicans, I live near a cowtown where the cowboys would drive the cattle up north to be put on a train and send east
>>
>>3092311
>For instance, the adult residents of Dodge City faced a homicide rate of at least 165 per 100,000 adults per year
That's pretty bad.

According to Wikipedia it's worse than the worst modern big city.
>>
There's more nogs than the westerns potray
>>
>>3092324
>office worker or cashier
Those are actually more respectable. Cowboys at the time were pretty much hobos on rented horses.
>>
>>3092268
Stop investigating. It's our mythos.
>>
Hot, boring, often hot and boring. Dusty.
>>
>>3092268
There were quite a few black cowboys, like 15-20%.
>>
>>3094385
this. It was hard labor and didn't pay well so a lot of black moving westward to escape the south and get by, had no choice but to pursue to that line of work.
>>
>>3094385
>>3094748
Hello niggers
>>
>>3094797
huh? Look up literally any history book on cowboys. Fuck off illiterate.
>>>/pol/
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.