[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some unpopular opinions you have about history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 30

File: IMG_1719.jpg (67KB, 599x494px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1719.jpg
67KB, 599x494px
What are some unpopular opinions you have about history?
>>
Catholic monarchism was and continues to be the best form of government.
>>
The Civil War and WW1 were both morally simple, but modern Americans are post-modernist cucks and refuse to admit that there's such a thing as good and evil, or to stand up for what they believe in.
>>
>>3091517
Depends on where you post

Say "Germans are barbarians who will always pale in comparison to the great civilization they helped destroy" on /pol/ and you'll get a thread that will hit 300+ posts in an hour. I actuality its a really gross generalization but there's some truth to it.
>>
1. Chinese history is completely uninteresting.
2. The Roman empire is still alive.

>>3091555
>refuse to admit that there's such a thing as good and evil
Would you mind explaining to me, a post-modernist cuck, why you think there is such a thing as good and evil?
>>
>>3091565
Agree with China, after the Han period it's pretty fucking boring until the 1800s roll around.
Who would you say still holds the mantle of the Roman Empire? IMO it's the US
>>
Monarchy is the best form of government
The Jacobites should've won
The Bible being widely available in the vernacular was not a good move
The Allies should've declared war on the Soviets
Women are unfairly maligned in historiography
>>
>>3091594
>Women are unfairly maligned in historiography
>implying that is an unpopular opinion
>>
File: Heribert_Illig.jpg (13KB, 219x298px)
Heribert_Illig.jpg
13KB, 219x298px
Parts of history may have been invented or at least heavily distorted, like the "Early Middle Ages".
>>
>>3091490
The later Roman Empire did a really good job at keeping together what it could and its military highly impressive.
>>
>>3091603
I feel like it is on /his/ though admittedly I haven't seen it discussed often
>>
File: europeans.jpg (109KB, 1024x681px)
europeans.jpg
109KB, 1024x681px
1.) Jews have unironically been behind the majority of the wickedness in the world for well over a thousand years
2.) Europeans have done more to progress civilization than all other peoples in the world combines
>>
>>3091613
combined*
>>
>>3091490

No one murdered the Princes in the Tower. They either escaped or were released and lived out their days in obscurity. The record of what happened to them being lost or destroyed, just like millions of other records through the years.
>>
Alexandar was straight
>>
>>3091490
Unpopular here or unpopular in academia?

there was never a truly united Orthodox Christian faith since the time of Jesus.

Race is the least important factor in understanding why some civilizations succeeded.

Most civilizations are founded on bloodshed and inequality and bitching about it is a waste of time and energy.

Japanese weaponry was actually pretty good.

The Federal reserve was the main cause of the great depression.
>>
>>3091490
Incas were superior to Europeans.
>>
Ancient Egypt contained a fair number, perhaps even a plurality of people we would consider black today.
>>
>>3091490
Alexander wasn't that great
Ottomans are interesting
Rome died on 476
>>
>>3091637
I've been hearing about the federal reserve from my libertarian mates for a while now, care to elaborate or send some article/pdf/books to read on?
>>
>>3091650
Idk about how they caused the Depression but my understanding is that most libertarians don't like it because it isn't actually technically beholden to or a part of the government
>>
>>3091643
Fuck off
>>
>>3091594
Germany isn't responsible for WWI.

The Spitfire isn't the most aesthetic WWII fighter plane, the P-38 is.

Cavalry is cooler than infantry. And the Romans were faggots for holding the opposite opinion.

America should have set up their own elective monarchy instead of the shit form of democracy we have today.

The Dutch Republic is one of the most underrated historical powers.

>Monarchy is the best form of government.
Well that's just objectively true, anon.
>>
The French revolutionaries were in the wrong
>>
>>3091659

And entire rank of their society was dedicated to cavalry...
>>
File: 1468500971630.png (23KB, 218x316px)
1468500971630.png
23KB, 218x316px
>>3091659
>P-38
>More aesthetic than the Corsair
Fuck off
>>
Monarchy is one of the best forms of government
War and inequality is good
Life as a peasant in certain areas was comfy
Eygpt mainly in the upper nile probably had lots of black people
Constantinople is overrated and had to fall along with the Byzantine Empire
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was a mistake
>>
>>3091490
More of a theory that I never hear anyone bring up. I believe that Albert Speer's meeting with Hitler involved him asking to take over, just as everyone else in Hitler's inner circle had done in the final days of the war. Speer claimed that he only talked about how he had defied the Nero Decree, but the meeting lasted over two hours, and the only witness was Speer himself. I believe that he lied in order present himself as the "good" Nazi during the Nuremberg Trials. He was more likely no different than Himmler or Bormann, but later lied about the meeting so he wouldn't look as bad.
>>
>>3091555
Who was evil in WW1? The Serbs?
>>
>>3091490
America is the peak of human civilization.
>>
For the best part of history all of the big 'civilized' societies were just glorified tribes.
>>
>>3091490
Ancient Greeks and Romans were degenerated pedos

Viking culture is overrated

Medieval Arabian enlightment is overrated

Crusades were justified

Spanish Inqusition is overdemonised

Magna Carta was a mistake

Aztecs were worse than Spaniards

Cossaks were drunk rednecks

Unification of Germany started the decline of European world supremacy

Eugenics have a point

Francisco Franco was the good guy in SCW
Hitler ruined German economy even before the war

Soviet Union was as evil, if not more, than Nazi Germany

Decolonisation of Africa was a mistake
>>
>>3091656
There's a bunch of short and long videos explaining exactly how the Fed fucked it up.
Here's one from Friedman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7Fd9Qt3ac

Important to note is that the Fed is actually a private institution that just has the monopoly to print the dollar. Presidents get to choose the chairman but only from the list prepared to him by the Fed itself. Pretty crazy.

I have a bunch of fiscally right opinions about the Great Depression and other related topics that aren't popular with the mainstream mostly because it wants to worship FDR so much. A quick list.

>Wilson was probably the worst president who set the stage for the depression
>Harding successfuly fought the depression of 1920-21
>Hoover and FDR had similar economic programs
>excessive spending to "reinvigorate" the economy only made situation worse

I think most people actually interested in the subject share these opinions but tell that to PBS.
>>
>>3091666
Yet most of their actual cavalry was auxiliaries from conquered people. It was more of a social class than things most soldiers did on the battlefield. Cavalry was considered less prprestigious than infantry.
>>
>>3091565
Well, in the most technical sense there isn't, but there's also no reason not to believe in them.
>>
>>3091697
P-38, P-51, Spitfire and BF-109 were all above the Corsair in aesthetics.
>>
>>3091565
>1. Chinese history is completely uninteresting.

I agree 100%. The only cool thing is how the kept inventing shit before the Europeans. Also the history of India.
>>
>>3091565
>China is boring

Ever hear of the Taiping Rebellion?
>>
>>3091769
Wrong.
>>
>>3091801
That's 19th century. Everything was more interesting then. Ancient China was still boring. A bunch of bearded dudes with names too similar to remember.
>>
>>3091643
WE
>>
Rome died sometime in the first century BC. The Empire was really just several hundred years of death spasms.
>>
>>3091753
>Cossacks were drunk rednecks

Can't say I've ever seen anyone dispute this. Hell, I'm an actual drunk redneck and even I can see the similarities.
>>
I honestly don't believe that Khalid went completely undefeated during the Muslim conquests.
>>
Enlightenment was a mistake
>>
>>3091517
These are all fairly mainstream
>>
>>3091643
AYO
>>
File: 1493357563902.jpg (39KB, 644x598px)
1493357563902.jpg
39KB, 644x598px
>>3091490
There is nothing wrong with genocides and war casualties. Sometimes a good culling is beneficial to the human race.
>>
>>3091490
Jimmy Carter was a good president.
>>
>>3091490
The Armenian genocide was necessary for the Anatolian Liberation
>>
>>3091753
>Hitler ruined German economy even before the war

I thought there's enough evidence supporting this that it wouldn't be an unpopular opinion
>>
>>3091656

Libertarians are economically retarded. An independent central bank like the central reserve is utterly critical to the operations of a modern government. If you want to see glorious libertarian no-joobank systems, refer to the French Ancien Regieme, the Qing circa 1840, and the Ottoman Empire circa 1900.
>>
>>3092052
I prefer calling him "not as horrible as many other 20th century presidents.
>>
Romans were lucky that the only enemies they had were outdated Phalanx and unwashed barbarians for most of their imperial lives.

They fell by the time there was actually opponents for them.
>>
>>3091552
Then why are there no good Catholic monarchies today?
>>
>>3091555
Most people in America believes the Civil war was Union good; Confeds bad. Most that disagree are people you'd find in /pol/ and are usually not the majority.
>>
China > Rome
>>
>>3092067
Actual facts are one thing, but many still believe Germany were flourishing in 1939.
Stormfags because they swallow every piece of nazi propaganda, and normies because in their logic strong army means strong country in overall
>>
>>3092092
>the only enemies Rome had used Phalanx

Wouldn't that mean the Phalanx wasn't outdated?
>>
>>3091605
You'd rather us call it "The Dark Ages" again
>>
>>3092112
War economy fools a lot of people. Remember that the same people also make fake quotes to make people believe that Polish government attacked first and Hitler only wanted peace but every single country in Europe was there to get him and oppress poor German minority.
>>
>>3091611
>4chan doesn't talk about women being treated unfairly

yeah it's shocking
>>
>>3092132
>country is oppressing a minority of your people
>invade and oppress the Majority group instead of inviting said minority back to the Fatherland

I don't know how anyone can buy it 2bh
>>
military might is objectively more important than culture

Egypt, Greece, and Carthage had a superior culture to Rome, doesn't matter because Rome wiped them out with their superior military

Middle East, Asia, and South America had more impressive cultures. Doesn't matter because Europe wiped them out with their superior military

Italy had a more superior culture than France in the Renaissance, but France overtook them because unlike Italy, France had an actual army and fucked over the Renaissance and Italian culture the second they used it

stronger military = better culture in the end
>>
1.- Germany ruined Europe with it's very existence
1.2.- If we travel back in time to genocide the germanic tribes before they got relevant in history and came back to the present Day, maybe we would see the humankind colonizing the space.
2.- Islam is a powerful and awesome faith. Nothing it's inherently bad about islamic terrorism because it's just how things get done. Just read a book. Ottoman Empire was best islámic Empire.
3. The Roman Empire was a mistake, the Republic was the right way to do things.
4. Slavery isnt that bad. Slaves lived better than most black free men in the third world after being liberated.
5. In WW2 Germany had the best generals but Hitler was a complete retarded, nazicucks are retarded for not see this. Germany without Hitler could have won the war
6. The spanish Empire was awesome.
>>
>>3091753
>Ancient Greeks and Romans were degenerated pedos
not unpopular
>Viking culture is overrated
not unpopular
>Medieval Arabian enlightment is overrated
most people don't even know about it
>Crusades were justified
and you call Viking culture overrated
>Spanish Inqusition is overdemonised
It was protestant propaganda
>Magna Carta was a mistake
It was inevitable given eternal anglos
>Aztecs were worse than Spaniards
about the same one sacrifices to gods, other sacrifices to mines
>Cossaks were drunk rednecks
not unpopular
>Unification of Germany started the decline of European world supremacy
universally agreed upon fact on /his/
>Eugenics have a point
America sterilized people for years with that principle and they aren't getting smarter
>Hitler ruined German economy even before the war
many people don't know that
>Soviet Union was as evil, if not more, than Nazi Germany
but unlike the Nazis they survived and prospered and don't even have to apologize for it Stalin > Hitler
>Decolonisation of Africa was a mistake
colonization was a mistake
>>
>>3091717
turks
>>
>>3091940
It was the only really good period in Euro history (besides the Roman part)
>>
post-crisis Rome and the Renaissance are also a part of the Middle ages
>>
>>3091613
This thread is basically polbait. These fags always try to shove their views everywhere
>>
>>3092079
this
>>
>>3092123
no they were still outdated
>>
>>3092203
As compared to what?
>>
>>3092210
The legions that curbstomped them
>>
>>3092158

> forever it is the fate of the noble and enlightened to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumn.
>>
>>3092223
So the Romans were outdated because they got better technology and beat everyone else up?

I feel that the train of thought has derailed somewhere.
>>
>>3092241
>I feel that the train of thought has derailed somewhere.
It was when you thought Rome's main army was a Phalanx

it used to be but it gotten outdated so they changed it into the Legions
>>
>>3092236
it's the only way they'll learn
>>
>>3092094
Best does not mean most popular.

>Captcha: select castles
>>
>>3091853
WUZ
>>
>>3091552
This.

t. card-carrying member of a monarchist political organisation
>>
The only reason Modern day Westerners are ''Tolerant'' and ''Peaceful'' is thanks to the Economic prosperity of the West and the fact that they are at the top. Take those two things out, and they will be just as Imperialistic and and Violent as their ancestors.
There is objectively and unironically nothing wrong with the Ultra-Conservative nature of Islam.
Augustus was a better Statesman and ruler than Julius Caesar.
The only reason World War 3 hasn't happened yet, is thanks to Nuclear Weapons and Pax Americana.
The Holocaust happened, but here's what. I don't give a fuck. Many have used it to take down critics of the Zionist Apartheid State that is Israel by accusing them of being Anti-Semitic. Even ones who are themselves Jewish.
Contrary to popular belief, the U.S military isn't Invincible. There is one fatal weakpoint about it that could be exploited. It's how goddamn EXPENSIVE the U.S military is to maintain. The Iraq and Afghanistan wars on their own have cost America more than Five Trillion Dollars.
>>
>>3092325
Why is this pic considered so ironic and incorrect now? NotAllMujahedins. Nobody remembers this guy and how died or when he died?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Shah_Massoud
>>
>>3091552
Catholic Monarchism literally held civilization's potential back for about 1000 years.
>>
>>3092248
>Romans were lucky that the only enemies they had were outdated Phalanx
>Romans were the only people in the region to have something other than a Phalanx
>this makes Rome lucky and not good

I don't get it.
>>
>>3091517
>history
>>3091490
Germany COULD have defeated the Russians in WW2.
The "Dark Ages" is a stupid name but still holds some truth.
Rome adopting Christianity was a mistake.
>>3091759
>Hoover and FDR had similar economic programs
no they had similar economic views, but Roosevelt swallowed his pride and used Keynesian theory.
>excessive spending to "reingigorate"the economy only made situation worse
Are you fucking high? The economy almost recovered from that spending in 1938 before Roosevelt decided to balance the budget again. The economy then recovered yet again to the giant government-spending clusterfuck that was WW2. So NO, an educated person would think the opposite...other than the Wilson part.
>>
>>3092401
Nigga, phalanx and roman formations are suitable for different conditions. In the moutains of Macedonia phalanges are useless because they need a lot of plain space to become effective. Roman block-and-stab tactic (approved by apenine mountains©) was more effective there.
>>
Britain and America are the only reason the west is relevant in a global standpoint
>>
>>3092078
But those are just modern times governments with lackluster financial organization in general
>>
>>3092452
>no they had similar economic views, but Roosevelt swallowed his pride and used Keynesian theory.

Unfortunately both used it and both proved ineffective. FDR's New Deal borrowed a lot from Hoover's policy. "Spending more than ever" but USA is lucky it was basically the only one standing after WWII. So no, giant spending, huge debt, war economy. This shit will never work in the long run.
>>
>>3092490
Check out this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wirtschaftswunder
>>
>>3092396
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>3091563
The slavic and finno-ugic tribes destroyed rome.
>>
>>3091490
Some of this is history related others are more humanities related

Franco was the right person to win the war.

Globalization has lead to the decline of western civilization and we will soon go the way of the bronze age

Trying to be involved with everything post WW2 has done more harm for the world than good. (I'm speaking of America)

Alexander The Great is overrated, he was simply a pumk that most likely had his father killed, inherited at the time the world's strongest military and went around fighting scrubs

Patton a shit

Commieboos and Naziboos are degenerate

A unified Catholic faith is inherent to the survival of western civilization

A child growing needs a strong father figure as well as a strong maternal figure in their life (father being a man and maternal being woman)

There are cultures that are extremely better than other ones (i.e. Muslim culture being shit)

The creation of Israel is a core reason as to why the middle east is the way it is now.
>>
>>3092509
Hoover did not even remotely equal the Keynesianess of Roosevelt's economic policies. He even raised taxes at one point. Sure, he borrowed a few policies, but Hoover was barely willing to spend anything, Roosevelt was however. Keynesian economics is not a "war economy." Once the economy recovers fully steps are taken to make sure it stays that way and that the government can resume normal spending, at a reasonable pace. Im not retarded, I know perpetual debt doesn't work, but reducing government spending and balancing the budget aren't going to help and economy or a government.
>>
>>3092509
>both proved ineffective
except for the part where the economy was recovering in the late 30s?????
>>
>>3092515
So basically a confirmation of the idea that liberal ideals leads to short run money-making, but longer term moral decay?
>>
>>3091613
This isn't really an unpopular opinion. It's an opinion manufactured to piss people off.
>>
>>3092175
Kill yourself, Achmed.
>>
>>3092540
Followed by a depression within a depression when Roosevelt introduced more retarded agencies and socialist ideas.
>>
>>3092520
Objectively correct. Deep down you know it and you're pretending to be a retard or you're objectively retarded.
>>
>>3091490
Imperial Germany was directly responsible for the rise of Socialism and Communism in Europe.
>>
>>3092626
Not a secret, not at all.
>>
>>3091490
1)German migrations didn't ruin WRE, the civil wars, poor economic base and corruption did
2)ERE was Rome
3)4th Crusade was an accident, the fault goes on the Byzantine claimant + Crusader leaders, Venice was just the cab driver
4)The US Civil war was about slaves, those who support the CSA are traitors to the Yank government
5)WW1 was caused by a lot of factors. Germany gets the main blame, but it wouldn't have used as much brinkmanship if that tactic hadn't seemed to work previously
6)The holocaust happened, get over it
7)Protestants are fucking insane
8)Witch hunting was done by Protestants in the enlightenment
9)Norman Sicily wasn't multicultural. It was pragmatic at best
10)Africa was better under colonialism
>>
Catholics are literally retarded and incapable of independent thought.
>>
1. Our societies have influenced us enough that if we were to suddenly lose everything, we would bounce back without reverting to times such as the dark ages.

2. The company that makes Arizona tea isn't in Arizona, but it should be.

3. If Hitler got into art school, he would be the Austrian Dr. Seuss.

4. Teddy Roosevelt is the coolest President.
>>
>>3091490
Japan is overrated as fuck. They never did anything important in world history until they started committing war crimes. I think people are only obsessed with it today because of their cartoons.
>>
>>3092768
it's the weeaboos, anon
>>
>>3092768
This.
>>
>>3092770
this. japan is only overhyped on the web.
>>
File: 1449608489310.png (80KB, 905x624px) Image search: [Google]
1449608489310.png
80KB, 905x624px
>>3091517
fuck off to your containment board
>>
>>3092635
He asked for unpopular opinions
aside from the Africa one all the rest are pretty standard.
>>
>>3092768
I remember taking some Asian history course in high school. We spent more time on Japan than fucking Mesopotamia, Persia or India. I don't get it.
>>
File: IMG_0069.gif (698KB, 480x360px)
IMG_0069.gif
698KB, 480x360px
>>3092775
>>
>>3091760
In the Late Empire this would change around quite a bit anon. Roman Cavalry from the third century on was considered to be very prestigious and effective.
>>
>>3091760
Less prestigious in what way?
Assuming you mean Roman and not auxiliary cav, which was composed of those on the top of the social order.
>>
>>3092775
It's pretty overhyped everywhere.
>>
>>3091773
>Also the history of India.
Boring or not boring?
>>
>>3092264
No, but best does mean it survived into the modern day...
>>
File: 385479082.jpg (39KB, 500x500px)
385479082.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>3092793
>>
>>3092323
What country? Do you already have a king who you believe should be more politically powerful, or do you live in a democratic society? If the latter, who do you think should be made king? On what grounds?
>>
America is not named after Amerigo Vespucci. Too much of the accepted explanation just doesn't make sense.

>>3092040
Sir, I will be invoicing you my hospital bill due to the lacerations I suffered from all that edge.

>>3091759
>Harding successfuly fought the depression of 1920-21
The man really had not business being President, but still, credit where it's due.

>>3092635
>8)Witch hunting was done by Protestants in the enlightenment
Looked this up recently. It is incredible how long witch hunting lasted in Europe, and now that you mention it, yeah. It did tend to be protestant Europe.
>>
>>3091490
>FYROM wasn't really much of a mistake
>The Aztecs and The Spanish acted like complete retards to each other
>Jews actually did play a major role in western politics
>The one drop rule was actually a good thing back then
>SSA kingdoms were better off uncolonised
>Hamilton was a mistake
>Population control is actually a good thing
>>
>>3092175
Hang yourself dirty Muslim
>>
>>3092490

Those are governments without a modern central bank and got fucked in the ass by inability to borrow money at reasonable rates.

Consider that that by 1790, fully 40% of French government revenue was just to service their debt, since they were paying double digit interest on it.

Then consider that the Qing also had to borrow money from foreign banks at double digit interest rates to pay their war indemnity to Britain.

Not having a central bank means you government is fucked for money whenever there's an emergency that requires a lot of money, say, fighting a war, or defending your country from being invaded by another country.
>>
>>3091570
Technically I guess the Vatican could hold the title of Rome. I heard someone say once, "Rome never fell, it simply changed its job." Roman Catholicism is the largest branch of Christianity encompassing almost all of Latin America and huge chunks of Europe and Africa.

Other contenders would be America and Russia. Russia claimed it was the new Rome after the fall of Constantinople. Meanwhile England was a successor to Rome only to be replaced by American.
>>
History is trash and renders to a dipwad fictionalizing occurrences so that they fit into some systematic and ideological vision. There are no exceptions.
History is fanfiction.
>>
>>3091761
Why? 'good and evil' are heretical concepts.
>>
>>3092189
muh greeeeeeeeeeeeeks
>>
Merchant oligarchies like Venice were and still are the best form of government.
>>
>>3092574
>>3093319
>>3092175 doesn't sound like a muslims at all, a muslim would be all like "imperialism is wroooong ;-;, evil whitey, but the ottomans and muslim conquests, nah that was ok"

It is a fact that Hitler was incompetent. I am not even talking about his meddling with his generals or the holocaust. Just look at that obese quack doctor he allowed to give him amphetamines under the guise of vitamins. He created a little insular bubble with just him and his fawning inner circle. Anyone who dared criticize him would be evicted, a safe space if you will.

/pol/ is sinking deeper and deeper into delusion, just like your fuhrer
>>
>>3092694
>independent thought is good or possible
jej
>>
>>3091490
The Jews murdered the Messiah.
>>
>>3092768
>world history
nobody cares about this meme you technophile.
>>
>>3092139
>3092139
>>3091611

What Women have done in history honestly does pale, yes theres a lot of powerful women and many of them changed history but not as many famous men.

"Muh sexism histography"
>>
>>3092195
>>3092571

(YOU)
>>
>>3092635

Catholicism was the main cause of witchhunts though, if the pope declared so or not.
>>
>>3091613
If you're counting Russia as Europe then everywhere in the world has been under European influence also japan was occupied after ww2 so you could count it
>>
Every country colonised by the British and French were ultimately better off for it.
>>
>>3093482
The witch hunts were protestantism. Catholicism was responsible for the inqusition.
>>
>>3091517
Political opinions. Not history.
>>
File: images (22).jpg (15KB, 220x280px)
images (22).jpg
15KB, 220x280px
>>3091565
>chinese history
>uninteresting

The events surrounding Zhang Xianzhong's rule and afterwards devastated Sichuan, where he was said to have "engaged in one of the most hair-raising genocides in imperial history". Lurid stories of his killings and flayings were given in various accounts. According to Shu Bi (蜀碧), an 18th-century account of the massacre, after every slaughter, the heads were collected and placed in several big piles, while the hands were placed in other big piles, and the ears and noses in more piles, so that Zhang Xianzhong could keep count of his killings. In one incident, he is said to have organized an imperial examination ostensibly to recruit scholars for his administration, only to have all the candidates, which numbered many thousands, killed. In another, to give thanks for his recovery after an illness, he was said to have cut off the feet of many women. The severed feet were heaped in two piles with those of his favorite concubine, whose feet were unusually small, placed on top. These two piles of feet were then doused in oil and set alight to become what he called "heavenly candles".

A popular account of his life has it that he erected in Chengdu a stele, which came to be known as the Seven Kill Stele (七殺碑), with the following inscription:

天生萬物以養人
人無一善以報天
殺殺殺殺殺殺殺
Heaven brings forth innumerable things to nurture man.
Man has nothing good with which to recompense Heaven.
Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill.

Chinese history is metal af
>>
>>3092294
KANGZ
>>
>>3091643
Well at least you posted an actual unpopular opinion.
>>3091658
>>3091853
>>3092294
>>3092016
>>
>>3091643
HOL UP
>>
>>3092183
Trivial.
t*rks are always evil.
>>
>>3091555
You forgot an I there. The only moral in WWI is that governments can't abuse the peasants as much any more
>>
>>3091565
How am I supposed to get into Chinese history when all the names are dumb and there's simultaneously too much and not enough shit going on
>>
>>3091637
>Ten-thousand folds
>>
>>3091646
Ottomans are really interesting. It's modern Turks that make them lame.
>>
>>3093526
History is merely political opinion
>>
>>3091659
Germany was the only reason war happened

>Implying elephant cav isn't the best ancient unit
>>
>>3091663
>They chopped off the head of the Revolution's leader

I don't think that's unpopular for the revolutionaries
>>
>>3091760
Why didn't they like them for so long? Was it cuz horse people were dirty or something
>>
>>3091490
We'd be better off if Christ hadn't existed.
>>
>>3092132
Objectively false. Hitler was a man of peace. If you annex all other countries and systematically eradicate all other races, religions, and political beliefs, there's no one to fight you
>>
>>3092158
BA'AL WORSHIPPER DETECTED
GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>3093659
Objectively false. If you kill off all other races you just make new ones within your own
Source: All of history
>>
>>3092598
Proof
>>
>>3092522
>Implying Finland isn't the rightful heir to the Roman empire
>>
That the Aztecs deserved to be wiped out for their wicked barbaric ways.

Also that Native North Americans are in no position to complain about their lot. The noble savage is a meme conjured up by outsiders who were impressed by how easy it was to conquer this literal Stone Age society. Between the disease and the advance of European settlers, most should jut consider themselves lucky that the US letsome of them live to today, even giving them autonomous zones.

t. Euro
>>
>>3093130
Tell me more about Amerigo
>>
>>3091490
Mithraism should have dominated Europe instead of Christianity
>>
>>3093713
mah nigga
>>
>>3093713
t. viKANG
>>
The Cold War ended in 1989, not 1991.
>>
>>3093713
>not Cult of Sol Invictus
>>
>>3093130
>It is incredible how long witch hunting lasted in Europe
If you think that's crazy, look up the vampire panics that happened in New England. Up until the turn of the 20th century, people were blaming tuberculosis outbreaks on vampires and digging up corpses to mutilate them and solve the problem.
>>
Race is beyond color.
>>
File: IMG_7101.png (1MB, 640x1136px)
IMG_7101.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>3091490
That Hitler had a nice dick!
>>
>>3093697
Finally a rational euro,plus we give them tax exempt laws and casinos
America truly does nothing wrong we could've been worse
>>
>>3091697
Mah Nigga
>>
The Allies won WWII "the wrong way" and now we're stuck with post-modernist thought. Had the nationalist angle been played up outside the Axis and the war won faster, we would now see more schools of popular though (which, in the end, are the ones that matter in the everyday world) than "nothing matters, let's cry" and "nothing matters, let's party."

Colonize Africa for resources instead of settlement was an error.
>>
>>3093994
>wants an entire race of people to have been killed off and forgotten
>rational
>>
File: IMG_7108.png (911KB, 640x1136px)
IMG_7108.png
911KB, 640x1136px
>>3093774
Why does no one care to discuss it?
>>
>>3093679
Holy. Roman. Empire.
>>
>>3093741
>>
>>3091646
>odoacer
>>
>>3091490
Unpopular opinions about history? Lesse...
>The atomic bombs were the best alternative at the time.
That might be it...Everything else kinda either gets a nod or lukewarm reactions.
>>
It should be taught much more and in much greater depth. Also, fuck the jews
>>
Pre-agricultural humanity wasn't an "egalitarian utopia" just because specialization and private property didn't exist.
>>
>>3091659
>The Spitfire isn't the most aesthetic WWII fighter plane, the P-38 is.

Delete this

>Germany isn't responsible for WWI

Not solely responsible obviously but they certainly welcomed it and threw oil on the fire.
>>
I think that Zhukov was a talentless butcher who got credit for achievements of other commanders thanks to his cozy relationship with Stalin.

His own operations (like Rzhev) were fuckups of epic proportions. He got many times outfooled and outplayed by German commanders, even as late as in 1944 (for example Hube's pocket). Even in 1945 he couldn't deliver any results by means other than bruteforcing with superior numbers (Seelow heights).

All major Soviet victories were in fact mostly due to someone's else planning and groundwork. Stalingrad for example was conceived by officers in Malinovsky's staff, Zhukov was at the time planning his own debacle of Rzhev. Bagration was a work of Rokossovsky. Leningrad was fortified by Voroshylov. And so on.
>>
Caesar did nothing wrong.
>>
>women's suffrage was a mistake
>democracy at all was a mistake
>Nicholas II was a good boy
>Hitler was a great man
>>
>>3091703
>Monarchy is one of the best forms of government
>War and inequality is good
>Life as a peasant in certain areas was comfy
>Constantinople is overrated and had to fall along with the Byzantine Empire
>Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was a mistake

t. The Russian Empire
>>
>>3093482
Not really.

Catholicism had the 'there are no witches' for a lot of its history
>>
>>3092787
Standard for academia, revisionist for /his/
>>
>>3093482
>>3093524
The doctrine of almost all christian sects back then was that the only way to perform miracles (=magic) was through God. It was only the uneducated, half-pagan peasants that gave a fuck about "witches", or even recognized their existence.
>>
File: 1469705359007.jpg (111KB, 534x819px)
1469705359007.jpg
111KB, 534x819px
>>3092158
>Middle East, Asia, and South America had more impressive cultures
Azkek mestizo or worse, peruvian, detected
>>
>>3091594
>Monarchy is the best form of government
agreed, the larger the pool of rulers the higher chance of corruption.
Country is fucked up? You already know who's fault it is
>>
>>3091643
>we would

Who? You, fucking yank?
>>
>>3093632
it an be but it doesn't have to be. Now back to your board.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>3093762
Identity politics.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>3093743
explain.
>>
>>3091490
The Jap writing system would have made an infinite amount of more sense if they stayed logographic like Chinese
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY
>>
File: hitler2.jpg (196KB, 1200x800px)
hitler2.jpg
196KB, 1200x800px
>>3091490

Hitler was right.
>>
>>3091927
This. I also don't believe the numbers they claim he fought against.
>>
It is good, that roman empire has fallen because of its fiscal oppression.

Roman era was time of stagnation, unlike the middle ages.

Byzantine Empire is overrated.

Catholic Church DIDN'T halted scientific progress.

There actually was the Golden Age of Islam, and Muslim scholars had some of their own achievements

American civil war was about tariffs

Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealths political system was retarded
t. Pole

Fascism has little to do with National Socialism.

Mussolini's Italy was less oppressive dictatorship that Piłsudzki's Poland

Frederich II Hohenzollern is overrated. He succeed by accident.

Parliamentarian system was a mistake

It would be better, if Central Powers had won.

Franco and Pinochet did nothing wrong

Nationalism and classical liberalism are left wing ideas

Cathars had it coming, like the most of heretics.
>>
Mongols should have been exterminated from the face of earth
>>
>>3092372
Because, in the end, the only thing that matters for americans is America. They don't want those who have the moral high-ground, they want those who are pro-american and get the moral high-ground by being useful to the USA.
>>
>>3092768
Weaboos existed before anime, but everything else is correct.
>>
>>3092901
>democracy is opposed to monarchy

Fucking yanks
>>
>>3093482
Except witches existing goes against the church dogma. Fucking proddies were the main witch hunters because there's nobody to stop them, thanks to their "make your own religion" meme. "Catholics" who did hunt witches did it when there wasn't an authority figure to teach them why it was wrong and superstitious.
>>
>>3093713
Mithraism was literally the roman era equivalent of yogi soccer moms claiming to be buddhist.
>>
>>3094696

>1989
I meant 1990, fuck me

The Cold War was defined by the ideological split between Capitalist and Communist nations, and the proxy wars sprung up around this split. As soon as this split no longer functionally existed, there was no more Cold War.

>economic differences were gove by early 1990, where the USSR adopted market economy measures to tackle poverty
>Soviet political muscle was severely drained by 1990, with events like the failed invasion of Afghanistan and the Chernobyl disaster making them look like retards
>reunification of Germany didn't help either, although that was much later in the year
>Glasnost and Perestroika tore down the sociopolitical differences between east and west, specifically in media and public speech

tl;dr: as soon as Soviet Russians were reading newspapers critical of the state while in line for McDonalds the Cold War was over
>>
>>3093700
We are to believe that European cartographers named the New World after the latinized first name of Amerigo Vespucci, Americus. Therefore, America. Things like this were not named after a commoner's first name. It simply didn't happen. If for some damned reason they just HAD to use his first name, Vespucci had already latinized his name in the course of his work as an author: Albericus. So why isn't the new world named Alberica?
Because the cartographers knew that the new world was already being called America and they were forcing an explanation.
>>
Precisely 500 years later, catholics are still buttmad.

When will they learn?
>>
The late Roman military was effective up until the very last bit when everything collapsed.

The German mercenaries in the late era also fought longer and harder for Rome than the Romans cared (There were even laws made against roman citizens who purposefully disfigured themselves to not be sent to the northern front).
>>
Protestantism is retarded
People are way too mad about the "Indian genocide" by disease of the Americas. It's sad but completely unavoidable. There's no scenario where the Europeans go to the New World and don't infect the Indians with diseases they aren't used to.
>>
>>3095228
>Protestantism is retarded
All the Protestantism? Why?
>>
>>3095089
So why was it called America?
>>
>>3091490
Augustine's Just War Theory only applies to Christian monarchies in the Byzantine model and shouldn't be applied to modern secular states.
>>
>>3095204
>The late Roman military was effective up until the very last bit when everything collapsed.
I don't think this is an unpopular opinion among actual historians of Late Antiquity.
>>
>>3091490
Europeans ruined the americas
>>
>>3091490

Johnson killed Kennedy.
>>
>>3094725
>If they stayed logographic like Chinese
>Implying
>>
>>3092102
*most people in the northern states

We still honor our ancestors yankee
>>
>>3091490
Unpopular in /his/? Colonialism and Imperialism ruined every non-Europe country except some Anglo country like five eyes + hongkong and Japan.

And even nowadays those imperialist country still benefits from former-colony by economic ways. (Read Kicking away the ladder by Ha-Joon Chang.)
>>
File: 1418140188897.jpg (165KB, 700x362px)
1418140188897.jpg
165KB, 700x362px
>>3091697
The Corsair is a manlet of a plane with disgusting wing design. I'd fuck a P-38.
>>
>>3095250
Because some Spaniards asked some Indians what the name of the place was. The Indians told them a word for a tiny mountainous region that rolled off the Spanish tongue as "Americ". They told this in their accounts to Spanish officials who put it in reports which got put in other reports which got translated which got told to other people that reported it, and after a giant, international game of telephone, the entire new world was generalized as "America."
>>
>>3091490
Most ancient civilizations were ruled by people of black melanin descent.

White people caused the destruction of the earth
>>
>>3095388
Hey, Farrakhan. Don't you have some apostates to assassinate?
>>
>>3091650
>>771711
>>
>>3092452
>Christianity was a mistake
>Unpopular opinion

Choose one
>>
>>3091638
This is categorically untrue
>>
>>3095325
Besides the whole "stroke order" concept, only Kanji maintains the Chinese logographics.
The rest(hiragana, Katakana, romanji etc) attempt to uses alphabetic syllables to construct words.
Due to the introduction of other systems though, the jap language became a cluster fuck of homophones with a cluster fuck of writing systems to go with it. Should have just stayed logographic if you ask me.
>>
>>3091490
denying bad stuff your country did like turks deny Armenian genocide is preferable to being eternally cucked like germany are by israel
we love times when our countries were powerful absolute monarchies but we wouldn't want to live under them
>>
>>3091740
SHART
>>
Samurai and Knights were basically head-hunters and glory-hounds, respectively.
>>
>>3095347
>honoring literal traitors
>>
WW2 should have never happened.
>>
>>3096226
Wow, this is edgy one.
>>
>>3096234
How is it edgy to not want millions dead?
>>
>>3096279
The thread is about unpopular opinions.
>>
>>3092522
>finno-ugic
what

those fuckers have literally never been relevant
>>
>>3096577
they've been relevant in fucking ove austria
>>
>>3096158
Traitors like George Washington?
>>
>>3092325
>There is objectively and unironically nothing wrong with the Ultra-Conservative nature of Islam.

Islam isn't inherently conservative. It is widely defined by the people interpret it, The modern consevative bent of Islam is a result of long political campaining for it.
>>
>>3096680
*who
>>
>>3092323
t. larping American
>>
>>3093650
I guess it's because most of the wars fought by rome in the earlier period were set in central/southern Italy which is mainly mountains and hills where infantry is more important than cavalry
>>
>>3096592
You're not a traitor if you win
>>
>>3091490
I wish Martel had lost that battle. The world would have been better off.
>>
>>3091490
American is a made up ethnicity

Austrians are German

France is a lot stronger than most people realize

The UN is kind of useless

Women are not oppressed as much in history as we are lead to believe
>>
>>3094826
>Nationalism and classical liberalism are left wing ideas

I'd argue nationalism falls into both the leftwing and rightwing end of the spectrum. Leftist in the sense that it's spurred on by an autocratic and tyrannically perceived government within a multi-national state, and thus advocates emancipation. Whereas on the right, it advocates a nurturing of culture and a generally more conservative attitude in the behavioral aspects of a nation.
>>
>>3091490
Afro-centrism is cultural appropriation.
>>
>>3094826
>It would be better, if Central Powers had won.

t. syndicalist
>>
>>3091490
Religious/ethnic wars are more about economics than anything else.
The dark ages were nearly inevitable and not quite as bad as everyone says they were.
Propper constitutional monarchy should have never died out. (the UK figurehead royalty doesn't count).

>>3091637
>Japanese weaponry was actually pretty good.
I think most of it was pretty great. They had really nice black powder guns for a long time.
>>
Huh, glad to see I'm not the only person who likes the idea of a monarchy
>>
>>3096852
France is a monster of a country plagued by bad luck and poor management.
>>
>>3091490
the soviet union actually won the cold war, when the major capitalist powers realized how much objectively better communism was they put their entire half of the world into a simulation and sped up time to try and forestall the inevitable communist victory.

in around 80 years were all going to be awoken to realize its still 1986 and the soviets have built bases on the moon.
>>
>>3092175
>Germany without Hitler could have won the war
Nazis never would've taken power if it wasn't for Hitler and if he died the regime would've collapsed within hours.
>>
>>3096993
Donitz was in charge for a couple days.
>>
>>3092325
>Augustus was a better Statesman and ruler than Julius Caesar.
Does anyone say otherwise? Apart from the historically-illiterate that only know Caesar's name and nothing else about the period.

>the U.S military isn't Invincible
I think Vietnam proved that pretty well.
>>
>>3092739
>Teddy Roosevelt is the coolest President
This is unpopular?
>>
>>3097155
I think he's never someone people pick as the their #1. I've heard people say Washington was the best along with Lincoln. Recent years I've heard FDR pop up a bit more. I think Teddy Roosevelt would be more popular if it weren't for the legacies of the previous 3.
>>
>>3091637
The arisaka was a piece of shit.
>>
>>3097004
Also conveniently happened to be the final days of the reich
>>
>>3091490
The ancient egyptians were neither black nor white,but they were a multicultural society
T. Egyptian
>>
>>3094826
>Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealths political system was retarded
Isn't that commonly cited as one of the biggest reasons for their downfall?
>>
Europe, and indeed the entire world, would have been better off under the French Empire.
>>
>>3091638
based on what? They were savages just like the rest of the American Indians.
>>
>>3091643
yeah they were called slaves.
>>
>>3091555
Yeah The Union and the Allies were wrong.
>>
>>3096158
The war wasn't called a war of Yankee aggression for nothing. The north raised the army .
>>
>>3097689
It isn't called that by anyone who doesn't fuck their cousin
>>
>>3094570
But the smaller the pool of rulers, the more complete the corruption can be. The whole point of having a lot of rulers is to balance out differing biases and corruptions. Sure, in many instances this has led to a horrifically slow government, but also fairly stable ones that can't be fucked over by the whims of a single asshole's shitty son. (or a string of shitty asshole's shitty sons.)

I would actually be inclined to agree with you if there was a good system of choosing those who ought to rule, instead of rolling the heredity dice until snake eyes come up, or more likely, the dice roll under a table and everyone scrambles to be the first to grab them.
>>
Colonialism was a good thing and is the reason why the world is as developed and advanced as is it today and without it everyone would be worse off.
>>
The negro race has almost no notable or important contributions to the human race.
>>
>>3091552

WTF? Are you mental?

I certainly don't want to be a fucking serf working the fields owned by a lord or by the church.

Are you completely out of your mind?
>>
>>3091490
Pretty much all American (the whole continent) history is boring as fuck with the exception of the Mesoamerican shit.
>>
>>3098078
>Europe
>From the fall of rome to the enlightment is basically a bunch of feudal lords competing for who has the biggest cock

>Africa
>Niggers niggering around until white people showed up

Only Asia has an interesting history.
>>
>>3091490
There is no linear progress, only cause and effect. And monarchism is unironically the most stable form of government.
>>
>>3098088
What about Egypt or Carthage?
>>
Alexander the Great conquered a decadent empire by murdering his father and inheriting his powerful army. Soon after Alexander's dead his possessions were divided by some shittier generals.

Only achievement was to name some backward cities.
>>
>>3098177
>Alexandria was a backward city
>>
File: kP0rRDW.png (222KB, 500x434px)
kP0rRDW.png
222KB, 500x434px
>>3091490
Fairly convinced the Jesus propably never existed.
>>
File: file.gif (69KB, 535x660px)
file.gif
69KB, 535x660px
Ottomans have a better claim to the Roman Empire than the Russians or anyone else does.
Women gaining political power is actually worse for the welfare of the nation.
Turks are really just culturally Turkic islamified balkanites and Anatolians.
Had Spain had a bigger population they probably would have been much more successful as a world power
The Italian Empire should have kept Libya
The Aryan Invasion(migration) Theory is real
Islam is probably better suited to unify a society and culture than Christianity is.
A middle east unified by a modern Ottoman State, with the sultan as the caliph and final authority in Islam would have been much better off.
Greeks have more of a claim to Constantinople and Smyrna than modern Jews do to the Palestine.
Great Britian was overall worse than the German Empire or Nazi Germany ever was.
>>
>>3098237
this
>>
Human history has bottlenecked multiple times. Graham Hancock is right.
>>
>>3092768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Z2O9Nwt6c this redpilled me on japan a bit
>>
Nebuchadnezzar II should have razed Palestine to the ground. We could be colonizing Mars right now.
>>
File: 1500145866192.jpg (54KB, 800x555px)
1500145866192.jpg
54KB, 800x555px
its all lies!!
yahwh used mosses to pull the heart of earth out of the pyramid thus dropping earths space shield allowing his space armada to bomb us back to the stone age while the traitors families wandered in the desert and his forces "angels" wiped out the Aztecs.
arise with me and kill god.
awake and remember earth united before his return we can kill him this time around.
>>
>>3091552
This guy gets it
>>
>>3093659
Hitler was peaceful in the same way that Islam is peaceful?
>>
>>3092827
no it doesn't
>>
USSR was far better than Tsarist Russia.

It obviously wasn't the US but still a MASSIVE improvement.
>>
If England had remained Catholic the empire would've been larger, more prosperous and could exist into modern times.
>>
Sweden would've lost its power eventually even if it won the war with Russia.

Wallonia is better than Flanders.

France is, and has been for some time, the greatest country on Earth and the closest thing to a perfect country.

Italy would be a much better country if it was annexed by San Marino.
>>
Until the 19th century the Ottomans were no less evil or morally corrupt as everyone else. Then again even in the 19th to early 20th century genocide and ethnic cleansing was the norm for empires.

WW1 Germany was not responsible for WW1 but were shittier than everyone else bar the Ottomans.

Versailles was not a bad treaty at all except it was neither kind enough nor punishing enough. Brest-Livosk forsakes the Germans crying anything about fair treatment.

The Nazis were not interested in the good of Europe but the good of Germany.

A dictatorship where the dictator is willing to step down or chooses a non hereditary heir can be important and necessary for a country's development. Absolute hereditary monarchy is fucking garbage and I would string up absolute monarchists right next to communists on lamp posts.

Some countries and cultures are not suited to democracy - not as simple as "All Muslims" but definitely all Arabs.

Aztecs were human garbage and if they brought that high quality of living to cities outside of the capital then they would have been acceptable.

Chinese is a retarded language in written and spoken form. I understand languages not making perfect sense but a tonal language is ridiculous and a language with thousands of character doubly so.

Gendered nouns are pointless.
>>
>>3098517
Can I vote for you?
>>
>>3091490
The world would be a much better place if Germany had won WW1
>>
File: manichaestine.png (245KB, 333x314px)
manichaestine.png
245KB, 333x314px
>>3093713
>not Manichaeism
>>
>>3098616
Yeah and we pretty much defined what a 'degenerate' was within Christianity.
>>
The Syrian Republic was great, and should never have become part of the United Arab Republic.
>>
>>3098757
>should never have become part of the United Arab Republic
I think everyone thinks that with how much Egypt fucked them up.
>>
>>3098770
Fucking Nasser is directly responsible for much of the shit this world is dealing with today.
>>
>>3091490
Open borders are ultimately a good thing and how we as humans work best.

Furthermore the end of colonialism was a mistake and eventual federalization of all colonies should have been the goal from the start with gradual enfranchisement of local subjects as per a colonies development.
>>
>>3098517
>bar the Ottomans
Who shouldn't have been in the fucking war in the first place. This fucking dick.

>I just accidentally the whole empire.
>>
Germany isn't responsible for WW1, and I would expect any nation, as they have done in the past, to opt for conquest after a shit peace treaty. It is reactionary and the only legitimate response, given how ultranationalism will follow.
The invention of human rights and moral posturing in order to either: a) wax poetic or, b) arbitrarily pin moral guilt to nations that violate human rights is not conducive to historical debate and dialogue. For example, I find it ironic that German killings during the war are so heavily politicized and referenced to, with the Allies leveraging the allegations of the newly invented "crimes against humanity" right after they dropped the nuclear bomb. Keep in mind, as this happens every time I reference this, I am not saying that Germans are justified to do 'x' because Americans did it, or the reverse: I am saying that war needs no justification and to assume your hands are clean from blood is only indicative of your bias. I expect the stronger nation to completely and totally subjugate the conquered nation, which is something that has happened in history. Again, bear in mind, I am not saying Americans are justified in dropping the bomb because Genghis Khan also destroyed cities: I am saying that war has no rules and arbitrarily imposing limitations is a defeatist policy, let alone arbitrarily restricting limitations after the war. It simply 'is', war just occurs and will occur. What one think 'ought' to happen/not happen is irrelevant.
>>
>>3095913
I concur, the worst aspect of Japanese is that reading kana to parse the language's grammar is way slower than reading the relatively less ambiguous kanji.
>>
Germany was never fully Christianized; in fact, Christianity is fundamentally opposed to the Germanic racial soul. Martin Luther was basically a proto- or crypto-pagan, and the moment the Germans developed an intellectual culture they immediately rejected religion. Germans who were Christians were basically just LARPers so as to keep the rest of Europe off their backs.
>>
>>3098616
>not Mandaeism
>>
>>3098978
LARPers save humanity again!
>>
>>3098882
>I am saying that war needs no justification
>I am saying that war has no rules and arbitrarily imposing limitations is a defeatist policy
Check that edge, kiddo.

>it simply 'is', war just occurs and will occur. What one think 'ought' to happen/not happen is irrelevant.
This is a pretty defeatist attitude.
>>
>>3098978
>Germanic racial soul
What the fuck is that even supposed to mean.

>HUMANITY'd AGAIN
>>
>>3099432
>Check that edge, kiddo.
I am sorry if pointing out that the recent invention of human rights has not been exactly tenable in the face of conquerers throughout history has had an emotional impact on you. It does not change the fact that, regardless of how seemingly displeasing it may be, that war will have no limitations for as long as humans exist.
>This is a pretty defeatist attitude.
It is only defeatist if you impose arbitrary limitations during combat to give yourself a handicap while your opponent readily fights to kill your entire people and nation-hood. It isn't actually a statement towards a necessary outcome of success or defeat, it is an acknowledgement of competition. Whether or not it turns out in my favour or not is based on how far one is willing to go. That is why the US won the war: they were more powerful and demonstrated their might, killing the Japanese spirit entirely and beating them into submission.
>>
Samurai are way cooler than ninjas.
>>
>>3095703
>>3097671

t. asshurt eurangutans
>>
There was no such thing as the "dark ages". It was a consistent developmental upward spiral from Rome, just in numerous states and cultures.

The reign of the Ptolemies were the true height of ancient Egypt.

You cannot admire the Roman empire, without also admiring the similar cultural and political qualities in the Catholic church of medieval Europe.

Militarism aside, Ancient Persia is infinitely more interesting than ancient Greece, and numerous prominent Greek philosophers of the Golden Age traveled to Persia to learn.
>>
>>3097689
The South fired first
>>
>>3099458
t. weeb
>>
>>3091697
Focke-Wulf is a better qt
>>
>>3094773
Unironically this tbqh famalam

Hitler did nothing wrong.
>>
>>3091637
>most civilizations are founded on bloodshed and inequality, bitching about it is a waste of time and energy
this
imagine what things could be like if the Rwandan """"""""""genocide"""""""""" had gone on uninterrupted
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.