[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Octavian or Antony?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 20170716_140615.jpg (913KB, 1832x866px) Image search: [Google]
20170716_140615.jpg
913KB, 1832x866px
Who do you think was right, Octavian or Mark Antony?

Who would you have sided with in their war?

How would things have played out if Antony had won at Actium?
How different would things be if Antony had won the entire war?
>>
>>3091013
Octavian
>>
Fun fact the first romans was ruled by kings who was black. Tarquinius superbus the last black king of rome was overthrown by the whiteys who ruled rome for a couple of centuries. Until sulla the great black general overthrew the whiteys and exterminated them in the social war. Now blacks was running rome again and a whitey wasnt seen in the region again until it was sacked by alaric and the whiteys eventually killed or sent the black romans to africa. Julius caesar was black
>>
>>3091013

>Who do you think was right, Octavian or Mark Antony?

They both wanted literally the exact same thing.

>Who would you have sided with in their war?

Whoever is more likely to win.

>How different would things be if Antony had won the entire war?

The first emperor of Rome would be named Antony instead of Augustus.
>>
>>3091073
Antony wouldn't have been able to manipulate the Senate as well, he was too forward
>>
>>3091013
Octavian was right but Anthony is my favorite historical figure
>>
Octavian was right, but if I was a solder looking to pick a side I sure as shit wouldn't join the army of a boy with seemingly less chances to win over the army of a tried and tested older commander with a larger pool of resources.

>How would things have played out if Antony had won at Actium?
Impossible to say, really. Octavian had the senate backing him as well as all of the roman treasury, and he had convinced almost everyone that Antony is a cuck, a traitor and a blasphemer. Even if Antony was to take Rome after Actium, Octavian would still have a chance to rally men and retake it. Imagine if Cato, Brutus and Pompey were as loved by the people as Octavian was, they would've had real chance at retaking Rome

>How different would things be if Antony had won the entire war?
I think most likely there'd (eventually) be a third triumvirate of sorts between Antony's kid, Caesar's kid and whatever influential aristocrat remains after the war, perhaps Sosius.
It's unlikely Antony would let Octavian or any of his men live, but it's possible he would've trolled Cleopatra and taken all of Rome for himself, becoming Augustus in Octavian's stead.
>>
>>3091061
>baiting this hard
>>
File: Yacub.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px)
Yacub.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>3091061
>>
Antony was all right up until he started going native in Egypt.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.