[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Black Role Model

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: chubby_monkey1.jpg (64KB, 632x545px) Image search: [Google]
chubby_monkey1.jpg
64KB, 632x545px
So I've dedicated my mind to some thought for a change, instead of just endlessly mulling over everyday /pol/ regurgitations, and without trying to sound pretentious, but also admitting that there are inherent differences between races - both physical and psychological in nature - I can't help but wonder whether or not what blacks refer to as "the great steal of history" has something to do with the evident cultural, moral, intellectual, etc. gap between whites and blacks we bear witness to today.

While it's safe to assume Africans would have amounted to little had colonisation not taken place, it's also safe to suggest that the events which would follow as direct consequence of colonisation shape the modern black mentality of victimisation - for one often plays the victim for the sole purpose of being recognised as a martyr. Or in non-biblical terms, of appearing as an underdog, whose achievements - no matter how moderate in scope - always make them appear greater than for what they really are due to their oppressed lifestyle etc.

When people think revolutionaries, they almost instinctively go to praise MLK, Mandela, Gandhi - not black, but a classic example of playing the victim by degrading oneself to the apparent 'inability to act' in order to garner sympathy - and even Malcolm X, the latter being an exception, although people still attribute victim status to him because of his race.

These people spring to mind both because of the perpetuated media support their characters have gotten throughout the years, but also because the notion of playing the underdog is just that more appealing to the common man.

Or, as Dylann Roof put it:

>Say you were to witness a dog being beat by a man. You are almost surely going to feel very sorry for that dog. But then say you were to witness a dog biting a man. You will most likely not feel the same pity you felt for the dog for the man. Why? Because dogs are lower than men.
>>
>>3090891

And it's true. Be it sympathy or mere pity, we're more likely to root for the underdog than someone who was privileged to a life of comfort and without need. And it's these types of figures African history is littered with, and in which black youth seek inspiration, as well as motivation.

While white history is comprised of an array of versatile characters, reaching from benign to cunning, black history, and its people, are left with the pitiful, the malnourished, yet who are so beloved and praised by the masses because of their seeming martyr status.

Now, I also load this 8 paragraph post with a question - or two:

How much of what I just wrote about is actually accurate, as in do black people in general have any interest in their history?

How - if at all - can it be remedied?
>>
>>3090891
Get off the internet, go outside, talk to real human beings.
>>
>>3090901
But there are no black people where I am.
>>
>>3090893
As a black American I know my history to some degree, but don't really think about it. I would assume the history of how I came to be is a pretty common story amongst my ethnic group, it's about much more than just Africa, it is far more complex than that, as a matter of fact the African part of my ancestry is by far the most obscure and mysterious.

I'm a product of racial fusion via Caribbean piracy, Black, white, and indian thus uniquely American. Also have roots in the colonial Carolinas, and the philly area natives and early settlers.

It is important to accurately know ones history, but very few people give a shit about their history, or are accurately aware of it.
>>
>>3090893
Tbh I have no interest Kings, elites, rulers, etc... My main interests are in the history of the subaltern, of the people of the margins, of the daily lives of the masses, the adaptability of a people.

A lot of of what OP said I disagree with whole heartedly but also suffice to say to the notion that a people are worth something based off big things and big men with big sticks is a consequence of the economic and social pitfalls of the human being post-neolithic.

Sadly while I think being able to shift notions of history and historical figures away from "big" people is a necessary shift in studying history I think it falls on deaf ears.

Also I didn't really need historic models, I know I said all that I said but my father and family line for about 150 years were very influential, very wealthy or at the very least more stable than the average American of any color. Growing up my father made more money than most middle class dual income households in my suburb and he was and still is close to his 70's still in a field/industry where his experience and expertise is sought after.

I just had to wake up and see all what black people could do, I am the result of it. The racism he and I faced/face came and comes from jealousy and from supposed "superior" people utterly failing to match my dad so I don't take most white racist rhetoric seriously as a result.

I am outlier I guess but like desu I'm not rare at all.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.