[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he, dare I say, the good guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Was he, dare I say, the good guy?
>>
The main protagonist at the very least
>>
>>3089829
I don't see how exactly would someone go describing him as a bad guy.
>>
>>3089837

the eternal anglo
>>
He was the Hitler of his time.
>>
>>3090597
Nice meme.
>>
>>3090597
So yes?
>>
>>3090597
>brings peace, rights, constitutionalism, and liberation from the backwards and ancient regimes across Europe
>somehow comparable to the man who single-handedly destroyed Germany
>>
>>3090597
I subscribed to your channel
>>
>tried to bring the ideas of liberté, égalité, et fraternité to all of Europe
>brought down every major power in Europe at least a couple times each
>didn't take defeat lying down, and managed to return when the dream was all but gone
>put an end to the meme-tier retardation of the Revolution while keeping the actually good parts
>had his personal flaws but seems like he was an ambitious guy without being overly cruel
>his men liked him enough to follow him into the depths of hell
Anglos needn't respond, Napoleon was the hero of the story
>>
>>3091525
Both of those are good things though.
>>
>>3090597
Does Lindy just look at the Wikipedia article for whichever war he's talking about, note who is fighting against the British, and say that they were evil or morally in the wrong?
>>
File: 1499773192386.png (803KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
1499773192386.png
803KB, 800x764px
>>3091564
>>
File: IMG_0366.png (70KB, 853x787px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0366.png
70KB, 853x787px
>>3089829
Yes. Don't let the Anglo revisionism tell you otherwise >>3090597
He wasn't a warmonger, and coalitions were against him because the ancient regime was shitting their pants
>>
>>3089837
>>3091525
>>3091543

>Be Napoleon
>Take power and form an absolute monarchy, dismiss the revolutionary reoublic and all the modern ideals the revolution was built on
>Create borders totally ignoring ethnic and cultural lines because muh empire
>Send millions of men to their deaths to put your cousins on foreign thrones
>Invade russia solely because they weren't taking part in your system

All of Napoleon's constitutional reforms were shams, voting was done so indirectly that the elections might as well have been rigged through the bureacratic system he established, destroyed the rights of women gained in the revolution and conscripted hundreds of thousands, as well as lowering taxes on the rich yet raising them on the poor.

"A Republic of thirty million people, with our morals and vices! How could that ever be? It is a chimera with which the French are infatuated but which will pass away in time like all the others. What they want is glory and the gratification of their vanity; as for liberty, of that they have no conception"
The first French republic was fucking amazing and decades ahead of its time.

You idolize Napoleon because dictatorships are edgy and cool.
>>
>>3091564
You don't?
>>
>>3091525
>brings peace
Wew lad
>>
>>3091670
>Take power and form an absolute monarchy, dismiss the revolutionary reoublic and all the modern ideals the revolution was built on
When you don't know what you're talking about and you hope no one disagrees with you
>>
>>3091670
>The first French republic was fucking amazing and decades ahead of its time.

It was widely hated Poopan hater
>>
>>3091543
>assembles an army to invade England for MUH LIBERTE

Was he the George W. Bush of his day?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.