[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dense T H I C C book suggestions on American history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1477509611060.jpg (153KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477509611060.jpg
153KB, 800x1200px
After from time to time stumbling upon historical events in the history of the United States such as the Whiskey rebellion etc I've decided I want to read as much as I can on the history on this interesting land which I have never visited.

I've read the Federalist Papers now I'd like some more meat on it all.

A great dense and academic history book on the entirety of US history(unti somewhere in the 20th century or some shit) is what i'm looking for, anyone got any good suggestions?

Everytime I try and look for one, 98% of the searches end up with "A People's History of the United States" which is not at all what I am looking for.

No muh evil whitey marxist garbage and no just MURICA FUCK YEAH propaganda.
>>
I really detest bioshock infinite's antiamerican slanting

that graphic is a lovely piece of art calling for war bonds to support the allies in the first world war, and some smarmy git in an graphic design office copies and pastes it into a vandalized tot at some third rate gaming studio a hundred years later,
>>
>>3085674
Really made me think
>>
>>3085747

didn't mean to derail, but it makes me see red
>>
>>3085639
I don't know about any comprehensive pieces of literature, but I'm familiar with a couple of good books.

John Ferling's "Whirlwind: The American Revolution and the War That Won It" is an excellent summation of the military operations of the American Revolution. His thesis is bogus, though. Makes an intriguing case for the economic motivations for the revolution, only to drop it after the first few chapters and delve solely into the military operations and battles, with a wonky chapter in the middle talking about Abigail Adams and who knows what else. Otherwise, if you're into the military of the Revolution, this one's good.
>>
>>3085639
>>3088166
"Major Problems in the Early Republic, 1787-1848" is also pretty thick reading. It's a collection of primary and secondary sources which detail a range of subjects concerning early American history. It's been a long time since I've looked at it, though; it's set-up as more of a classroom read than a book with a thesis, I think. Beware before you buy.

Still, there's a really good primary source from a Mexican soldier's perspective concerning the fall of the Alamo. It's alarmingly detailed and interesting to read.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.