[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wow how did it get so BIG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: OttomanEmpire1566.png (350KB, 1280x919px) Image search: [Google]
OttomanEmpire1566.png
350KB, 1280x919px
Wow how did it get so BIG?
>>
>>3084494
Suleiman thought "what if the Ottoman Empire was really big?"
>>
>>3084494
At the start they kept taxes for the conquered greeks lower than the byzies so thay got a sort of liberator rep going.
Further because they were like muslim frontiersmen who were called gazis adventurers and mercenaries kept joining them, actually the early ottoman forces were probably a pretty multi cultural band of muslims and christians mainly fighting from horseback.
Later when they became a proper empire the devshirme system sort of ensured a meritocracy for the army and bureacracy which was very good for its time.
So basically they grew so fast because they controlled the main trade routes, had a disciplined army and an efficient bureacracy.
>>
Turk here, i'll answer
Most Ottoman Padishahs were also military generals at the same time, they directly ruled battles/wars till Selim II. It was a family/turkish tradition to do that. I can't see any non-Turkish great dynasties, whether muslim or not, doing that. Ottoman Empire was focused on military more than anything else. So this military culture led to many conquests.

Oh and Selim I's and Suleiman I's conquests made the empire pretty big.
>>
>>3084554
I wish Mehmed II lived long enough to conquer Italy
>>
>>3084635
I'm glad he didn't live enough to make Ottoman Empire live more than 600 years
Ottoman Empire was initially good, then it became shit.
>>
>>3084642
It wouldn't become shit if my last post happened
>>
>>3084652
Ottoman Empire was cancer, it's turn Italy into a shitty state too
just take a look at Balkans, once rich levant+egypt and turkey
>>
>>3084494
>furthest extant of its largest temporary borders
Why are Turks so dumb?
>>
File: roaches getting btfo.jpg (65KB, 748x343px) Image search: [Google]
roaches getting btfo.jpg
65KB, 748x343px
>>3084494
*blocks your expansion*
why ottomans couldn't expand further into europe past the small/civil war ridden countries? Did they fear slavic warrior?
>>
>>3084692
most of those battles happened after 18th century, underage.
and besides, crimean tatars once burned down Moscow. I don't remember a Russian vassal coming to Constantinople and burning it down.
>>
>>3084696
>Istanbul ! = Constantinople
>>
>>3084657
Yeah, the Ottomans were (initially) fantastic adminstrators and conquerers, even as a massive Byzaboo I cannacxept that.
However, the Ottomans failed when it came to properly developing their empire once it stopped snowballing (Vienna) like you said: formally wealthy areas in the Levant and Egypt decayed, while the discovery of the route around Africa pretty much destroyed the Ottoman monopoly on spice and eastern goods, badly hurting their economy and causing further declines.
>>
>>3084682
What's dumb about it?
>>
>>3084657
it'd*
>>
Why are turks so autistic?
>>
>>3085026
Can you please be more specific and not type like an underage shitposter?
>>
>>3085032
Oh look another butthurt turkboi. You
>>
>>3085037
What a retard
anyway
>>
>>3085026
what do you mean?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.