[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this book get ignored in modern academia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Why does this book get ignored in modern academia?
>>
Why should it be given special attention?
>>
>>3084478

same reason most of mises and friedman get ignored, they are ideologicaly laden crap worse than marxism
>>
>>3084528
Friedman's monetarism is quite observation based, I don't see how it's ideological.
>>
>>3084543

marxist critique of capitalist reproduction is also observation based
>>
>>3084478
It's not compatible with the current paradigm of the academic elite.
>>
>>3084478
Because capitalism = EVIL, communism = GOOD.

Geez didn't you get the memo?
>>
>>3084528

>friedman
>ignored

hahaha no, maybe the pop stuff aimed at a lay audience that does get more ideological but his academic work was/is hugely influential in economics

>>3084478

praxeology is garbage, economics actually tries to utilize scientific method so mises is utterly worthless

add to that academic disciplines do tend to just move on from books written 80 years ago or whatever it is, especially disciplines grounded in empiricism
>>
>>3084478
Because the state wants you to think that mixed economies work so they can create welfare states and enslave you.
>>
File: 1500032480286.jpg (8KB, 462x434px) Image search: [Google]
1500032480286.jpg
8KB, 462x434px
>>3084572
Let me guess, healthcare is communism, right?
>>
>>3084478
Lolbertarian propaganda. If anyone wants a good laugh, watch Sam Seder annanilate lolbertarian as on YouTube. He snapped me out of that naive worldview when I was in high school
>>
File: Ludwig von Mises 576x720.jpg (36KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ludwig von Mises 576x720.jpg
36KB, 576x720px
>It cannot be denied that Fascism and similar movements aiming at the establishment of dictatorships are full of the best intentions and that their intervention has, for the moment, saved European civilization. The merit that Fascism has thereby won for itself will live on eternally in history.

>Nor is it any longer of greater significance that the political rights of women are restricted, that women are denied the vote and the right to hold office... The right to occupy public office is denied women less by the legal limitations of their rights than by the peculiarities of their sexual character

>You have the courage to tell the masses what no politician told them: you are inferior and all the improvements in your conditions which you simply take for granted you owe to the effort of men who are better than you.

Absolutely based
>>
>>3084528
>friedman is as bad as mises
this is like lumping keynes in with marx
>>
>>3084555
You can't apply the scientific method to a non deterministic or non soft deterministic system like billions of people doing things.That's the whole point.
>>
>>3084608
>recommending a new yawk jew comedian
How to spot the brainlet.
>>
>>3084931

t. hasn't gone beyond econ 101
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.