[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it me or are the Chinese more depicted with spears rather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: hello there.jpg (312KB, 756x634px) Image search: [Google]
hello there.jpg
312KB, 756x634px
Is it me or are the Chinese more depicted with spears rather than swords?
>>
Looks like chinks know what the superior weapon is.
>>
>>3083987
funny,they didn't seem to improve their guns much.
>>
File: Chinese general with spear.jpg (39KB, 357x567px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese general with spear.jpg
39KB, 357x567px
>>3083965
>Chinese heroes are primarily mounted individuals.
>Wonder why they use spears.
>>
>>3084003
Muskets takes time to reload, would be overrun by pikemen/heavy cavalry.
>>
>>3084003
They went from power to grenades to handheld to rocket artillery before the Europeans knew it existed. And all within 2-3 centuries.
>>
>>3084008
Cannons too
>>
>>3083965
I saw this posted on /int/
>>
>>3084008
Yeah and then Europeans tweeked them just a bit and conquered the world.
>>
>>3084014
Maybe /int/ gave OP nothing but retardation. Anons are always coming over here saying "I was going to post this on /pol/ but I thought I wouldn't get any serious answers..."
>>
>>3084004
Zhao Yun
>>
>>3084008
>>3084010
imagine if they tried conquering the world
>>
>>3084007
*pokemon. Leave, /v/.
>>
>>3084008
So what was preventing China from conquering the world like Europe did?
>>
>>3084461
Got Mongol'd hard.
>>
>>3084461
Mongols and emperors kept changing there mind aboutvwhatvto do with their fuck huge fleet
>>
>>3084469
It didn't help that those huge fleets cost a ton. Imaging funding an expedition of ships consiting of more than 300 ships that include 60 or so megaships that dwarf anything Europeans had by a large factor at the time and ~200 others support ships that included ~28K naval troops, warships, patrol ships, troop ships, waterships (for fresh water), and so on.

The expedition lasted roughly 30 years. The next emperor decided it was too expensive to maintain the expedition. It was also going through a period of internal strife.
>>
>>3084461

No incentive, China was one of the economic juggernauts of the world for most of its history.

Europe was a poor fuck backwater crawling with many polities. The Europeans had every incentive to colonize where ever they could go.
>>
>>3084022
OP was a retard for using /int/ in the first place.
>>
>>3083965
Spears are cheaper to make than swords, and at different times China was poorer than Europe, so it's possible that at different times China was more spear-dependent than Europe.
>>
>>3084004
Liu Bei dualwields swords.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.