[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Mona Lisa important? [spoiler]it's not[/spoiler]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Why is the Mona Lisa important?

[spoiler]it's not[/spoiler]
>>
technique
have you ever noticed how close of a photo it is?
>>
>>3083160
so what? plenty of other renaissance artists had a better grasp of that "technique" with far more interesting subjects
>>
>>3083175
well Leonardo wasn´t exactly mediocre
>>
Why was this thread worth posting?
[spoiler]it wasn't[/spoiler]
>>
File: Raphael_Galatea_(engraving).jpg (2MB, 1061x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Raphael_Galatea_(engraving).jpg
2MB, 1061x1417px
Up until it was stolen, it really wasn't. Unto that point, Raphael was synonymous with High Renaissance master Painting, which makes more sense, since he was much more prolific in terms of painting and the much more widespread art of engraving.

The answer to your question is that the Mona Lisa has become synonymous with Old Painting, and is probably the only painting a lay person could name by name.

You think Normalfags know who Andrea del Sarto is?
>>
Because french people have to overhype to death the little valueable works of art that they have. In Italy,Spain or the Netherlands you have infinetly bettervworks of art
>>
File: 1422847902343.jpg (44KB, 703x703px)
1422847902343.jpg
44KB, 703x703px
>>3083160
You better not be one of those fags that think photorealism is good
>>
>>3083828
Not per se, but I think technique is meaning.
The development of perspective, depth, light treatment, color mixing, etc. did enhance culture
>>
like all art, it's just down to hype

famous art has nothing to do with talent
>>
>>3083153
it is the artists reimagining himself as a woman.
the dream like environment supports this, notice how the horizon line at the left and the right of mona lisa's face don't match up.
the painting is more expressionist than anything.
>>
File: 7ssbb_d.jpg (80KB, 640x468px)
7ssbb_d.jpg
80KB, 640x468px
Why did the Mona Lisa get popular when there are much better paintings out there?
>>
It's a meme
>>
>>3083153

Was going to make a thread about this the other day. Complete meme tb_h
>>
>>3083153
I went to see it in Paris and thought it was hugely underwhelming. Maybe it's the hype around it, maybe it's the dozens of Japs trying to get a photo of it.
>>
>>3084756
Pic unrelated
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.